Lockdown bull sh-t

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lingee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lockdown bull sh-t
    Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 7:09am
lingee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Here we go again , job loses ,small shops closing,all over one case of as they say delta cov, this goverment should be throwen out. we the people are been reaped off. they are full commes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote huntfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 7:14am
huntfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Read the news, there’s now 5. Go live in NSW. Any party would have done the same.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 7:24am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well one is a nurse and there have been known PPE lapses in the hospitals.

I don’t know why they didn’t put together a Covid handling facility near the airport saving them taking the infected to general hospitals. It’s only been 18 months now.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote spin king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 8:16am
spin king View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

pull your head in,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 9:18am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Read the news, there’s now 5. Go live in NSW. Any party would have done the same.

Its not the governments  or elected politicians call in NZ... its the Chief medical officer .. same principles as wit civil defense emergencies

Hence why the 1st lock down was deemed illegal.. because an elected politician took credit for calling it .. Rather than Chief medical officer .. Read the Judges sumury of the case.

At least this time no weather windows .....

Think this thru guys....
We have one of the worst  hospital beds to population ratios.. way down with Mexico.
And still one of the lowest vaccination levels over the whole population
This spreads.. you will not be taking your wife, kids, parents  to the hospital to get Oxygen/ treatment... and if you do they will just be lined up in the corridors... BY THEMSELVES.. desperately trying to suck air terrified as hell..

Now enjoy that thought.

That is where this and previus governments have lead us to

Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Stonefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 9:30am
Stonefish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by lingee lingee wrote:

Here we go again , job loses ,small shops closing,all over one case of as they say delta cov, this goverment should be throwen out. we the people are been reaped off. they are full commes.

Maybe learn to spell before having an obviously uneducated rant. There are so many reasons why this is the right call, as much as I hate it, it needs to be done. It was never ‘if’ but ‘when’ this was going to
6.7m Surtees PureFisher - "Kraken"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phantom Menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 9:34am
Phantom Menace View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

^^^ What Stonefish and Steps and spin king and others said.

In the circumstances the lockdown is the right option
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 9:49am
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah it's inconvenient for many, but it is the best thing to do. I do feel for self employed people, let's hope it's short. Be good to reach other...

On a side note, I've got plenty of fiberglassing great and ply to carry on with my boat project, so I'm not complaining
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 9:54am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by Phantom Menace Phantom Menace wrote:

^^^ What Stonefish and Steps and spin king and others said.

In the circumstances the lockdown is the right option

X 2 ... what other realistic alternatives do we have !

When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 10:11am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Maybe learn to spell before having an obviously uneducated rant.

Sry Agre with theme of you post but this gets right up my nose.
 Why?
 Im dyslexic..and reasonably educated... go back to my posts yrs ago pre spell checker...

Spelling has nothing to do with education or intelligence.
 At which point I note, ppl who think so are usually the same ppl who talk load to those in wheel chairs or are blind...
 Yeah you dont notice till you are on the receiving and.. or a m8 who is disable says something to the person, infont of you.

Oh even with spell check, often you know the word its spits out wrong, one re invents the spelling over and over and still the wrong word..you think. (eg "Agre" and " infont" above

So give those who cant spell a bloody break..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 10:11am
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Clearly the right call in our current circumstances for rational thinking people.

Campbell island beckons for the rest.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 10:20am
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah Unfortunately lock down is the only sure way of stopping more people from becoming infected. This virus needs people to people contact for it to survive. If you stop the contact you can kill it. It is unlikely but not impossible to become infected even after two vaccine doses. From memory about 3 people in every 100 may still transmit the virus after vaccine with our vaccine Phzier. In LA 1 in every 5 presenting with Delta had been vaccinated but I suspect with non Phzier vaccines which are not as effective against Delta.
When we get 90 to 80% NZers vaccinated with Phzier (a great choice) the virus will not be able to transmit easily through the population and should die out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 10:27am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Had to go to work for 2 hrs at 5.00am.Hmm lockdown where?? lost count of caravans/trailers heading south.Could hear the m/w when I got up ,thought thats noisey considering.

This needs to be taken serious as this I think is our one and only chance to kerb it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 10:34am
Coutta View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Pretty strange comment Lingee. I too have sympathy for businesses especially one. I was helping the guys at Rotorua Hunting and Fishing move to a new and far bigger shop. They hoped to re open on Thursday. We were on track but thats shot to **** now. While I don't agree with Jacindarella on most things, on this one she's right on the money.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 10:49am
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Pcj Pcj wrote:

Had to go to work for 2 hrs at 5.00am.Hmm lockdown where?? lost count of caravans/trailers heading south.Could hear the m/w when I got up ,thought thats noisey considering.

This needs to be taken serious as this I think is our one and only chance to kerb it.

Evidently some roadblocks have been set up. Letting locals in and sending outsiders home. Quite a long drive for some...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 10:54am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I'm in full support of the lockdown
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 11:00am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by Coutta Coutta wrote:

Pretty strange comment Lingee. I too have sympathy for businesses especially one. I was helping the guys at Rotorua Hunting and Fishing move to a new and far bigger shop. They hoped to re open on Thursday. We were on track but thats shot to **** now. While I don't agree with Jacindarella on most things, on this one she's right on the money.

Yep Aussie is definitely the place for Lingee & his like minded ilk to be,
for as Muldoon once said most Kiwis leaving to live in Aus simply raise the IQ of both countries!
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote kingiFiddla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 11:02am
kingiFiddla View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I'm in full support of slashing the tyres of anyone normally domiciled in Auckland who fled it last night to anywhere but, potentially putting more people at risk.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 11:04am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by kingiFiddla kingiFiddla wrote:

I'm in full support of slashing the tyres of anyone normally domiciled in Auckland who fled it last night to anywhere but, potentially putting more people at risk.
Now 48hrs to get home.(cough) so why did lockdown come in 11.59pm again??

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingiFiddla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 11:12am
kingiFiddla View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

At some point in the future, if not already happening, and if the authorities can't do anything about it, we are going to see towns just out of Auckland forming their own vigilante road blocks the moment a lockdown is announced.
Page  12>