What rod, lure weiht for casting further?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Strikerr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What rod, lure weiht for casting further?
    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 7:02am
Strikerr View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I am looking for a new fishing rod for casting from the shore

Before i go ahead and buy rod i want to figure out what lure weight and rod combination can give me maximum casting distance with spinning reel?

Is there any chart or by experience how far can i cast?

Potential problem:
If i use rod for regular bobber fishing i can set set any weight, however if i use hard baits (cranks, spinners, whopper plopper etc) they all have set weight which is most cases around 1/2oz so this might be a limitation.

Way i see it to get over 1/2oz lure weight i would have to use large hard baits, but this limits size of the fish i can catch with them, so i like to stick with small artificial lures, or is there any workaround?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 12:07am
Jammy View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

For beginners, the versatile rod to choose is one between 1.80 m and 2.40 m long, with casting weight between 10g and 30g and a semi-parabolic or tip action. Reels take a lot of strain when fishing with lures.