Pouring Soft Plastic Bait

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pouring Soft Plastic Bait
    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 10:42pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

how are you making environmental friendly soft baits?
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 11:08pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Reel Deal Reel Deal wrote:

C'mon RD you can do better than that.  He is a 4 hours old member seeking info and you give him a dumb fk unrelated response like that. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingiFiddla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 11:46am
kingiFiddla View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

OK, so there are days where these so-old-they-are-newfandangled softbaits don't work, but generally speaking they produce a wonderful life-like 'fleeing baitfish' action bigger fish find irresistible and they are biodegradable.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 1:59pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Zman certainly arent,they float,yes chased one with a net as it floated past. are any enviromentally friendly,still see them on the beach.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 7:20pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 7:24pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

vote fish addict for new moderator he seems to know what people’s intentions are more than the person posting ...sigh. 

Genuinely interested if he is making non polluting soft baits and how. 

If just more plastic chucked in the sea, nothing to do with me and have no interest. 

Just so everyone’s on the same page. Threads are for sharing info and asking questions....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 11:38pm
Platinum
Platinum

... Genuinely interested if he is making non polluting soft baits and how. 

If just more plastic chucked in the sea, nothing to do with me and have no interest. 

Just so everyone’s on the same page. Threads are for sharing info and asking questions....

RD you need to read the OP again.  He is not making any soft baits.  His comment was:

"... need some help getting started pouring soft baits ..."

He goes on to say:

"... I need to know all that I need to buy and from where ..."

This again would suggest he hasn't made any soft baits as he doesn't yet know what to buy and from where.

My gut feeling is that Carmelo is a young person.  This was his a first or second post.  Your response was off topic, unhelpful and put your  environmental slant on his post which under the circumstances I believe was poor form.  I'm all for open discussion but let's not discourage others from contributing.  That's how I saw your post.  Hopefully Carmelo receives some constructive advice from somewhere.  I can't help, wish I could.   
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 7:30am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I see your point Fish Addict. And I feel he is young person and looking at a way to make non plastic soft baits. I hope he does and shares. 

If you haven’t been put off Camelo from the unusual off topic direction of your thread there are some alternatives. Skutes are getting popular amongst home made lure fishos. Similar to fresh water wet fly but more weight and waayyy bigger. A few nz fishing tv shows have used to awesome effect. Various feathers used and easily replaced. Good luck on your mission. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 8:54am
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Just to clarify, Carmelo posted from Singapore.
He joined the site on June 18th & hasn't been back since.

My bet, he's a classic spammer waiting to load up on us.
We will see..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote kingiFiddla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 3:20pm
kingiFiddla View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

So, let me get this clear. While all you lot were arguing about it, I was the only one who offered constructive advice? Ha, there's a first for everything.

:-)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 10:58pm
Platinum
Platinum

KF - arguing, never.  When one begins arguing, you've generally lost.
Yes I thought your post about using livies was constructive, despite being off topic.  Tongue

If Carmelo returns and is genuine my advice is to search Youtube for vids relating to making your own soft baits.  There are several and they advanced my education today.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote winz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 3:34am
winz View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I really like soft bait besides being cheap it is also very effective for catching fish

I usually use shrimp and small fish soft bait
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 6:11am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

And the prize goes to Uncle, Carmelo is indeed a spammer. His second post has proven that. Meanwhile a lesson to all of us - a public spat around 'form' isn't particularly encouraging to newbies.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street