ELECTRIC VEHICLES (EVS)

Page  <1 1819202122 24>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 12:13pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by bazza bazza wrote:

Hmnn ... seems as tho much of NZ experienced power outages last night as demand exceeded supply.

Wonder how many EV owners were left without means of transport this morning ?

At least it provided a forewarning as to the total shambles yet to happen when there are X 20 or more the number of EV srequiring over night charging but there is no power.

x20 bazza, you mean  x 200,000 more at least needing charging. I have been told that most of the infrastruture needed to charge EV's needs upgrading too. Going to be a huge cluster f##k

www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 1:06pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

https://www.theguardian.com/international

Check out the G headlines, all climate propaganda.

Sorry mate, its not propaganda, its fact unfortunately. 234 leading climate scientists from 66 countries.  

We have to do something, in fact quite significant changes.  EVs are just one tiny part of that.  Other parts include better insulation in houses, agriculture, all sorts of things. You, with your wishful thinking, denounce all this as propaganda (but why, FFS, what have they got to gain?  And how can you possibly think that number of people can be manipulated in this way?) but propaganda it ain't.  Its science.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 1:31pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

If climate change is real then why does my 21 yr old electrical student .final yr of uni thinks it's all b/s?? Totally dismisses ev vehicles but would promote hve Solar is not the answer nor wind generation. The little bit NZ does is less than a pimple on a ants arse. If NZ was serious we would placing sanctions on some of our trading partners.wont be partners for long But all comes back to the consumer not prepared to pay for locally produced goods.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 1:36pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

His Tutors/prophessers dont by in to the climate argument.Ev cost for a new one around 60k and most homes will need rewiring to take the extra load.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lingee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 1:58pm
lingee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

with the extra load ,that means more power stations ,o no the green,es would not like that ,power comes from dames or coal stations . wind turbines are been removed over the world as if by the sea they fu-k up and are been removed. lets see how trades will get timber or a ton of metal on site. go u green,es hope u have a good veg garden in or no food and no building . lets or hope u nutters have it right
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 4:00pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I got a awesome vege garden, just put in the last of my seed potatoes, broad beans are up, first year asparagus. I’m ready for it 👍
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 4:46pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by brmbrm brmbrm wrote:

Sorry mate, its not propaganda, its fact unfortunately. 234 leading climate scientists from 66 countries.  

We have to do something, in fact quite significant changes.  EVs are just one tiny part of that.  Other parts include better insulation in houses, agriculture, all sorts of things. You, with your wishful thinking, denounce all this as propaganda (but why, FFS, what have they got to gain?  And how can you possibly think that number of people can be manipulated in this way?) but propaganda it ain't.  Its science.

Well some of the world leading climate alarmists like Obama lives not 1m above sea level in Martha’s Vineyard. He must have missed the memo.

Not being rude but change the “we” to “I”. What are you going to do? Been asking the question all along the thread live up to your own expectations before using the term we or you. You still got a boat?

What have they got to gain? Vulgar human pride is a mighty incentive for a lot of intellectuals. Telling us how to live because there is some sort of intellectual consensus even though there is not a shred of evidence that Earth will end as per a lot of links I have put up. The wishful thinking is the part of the doomsday predictions, wars, starvation, etc, etc. They love talking it up.
Yet somehow we not only defy that we get more productive every year despite the predictions. It must be infuriating.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote reel crayze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 8:04pm
reel crayze View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by brmbrm brmbrm wrote:

Well some of the world leading climate alarmists like Obama lives not 1m above sea level in Martha’s Vineyard. He must have missed the memo.

Not being rude but change the “we” to “I”. What are you going to do? Been asking the question all along the thread live up to your own expectations before using the term we or you. You still got a boat?

What have they got to gain? Vulgar human pride is a mighty incentive for a lot of intellectuals. Telling us how to live because there is some sort of intellectual consensus even though there is not a shred of evidence that Earth will end as per a lot of links I have put up. The wishful thinking is the part of the doomsday predictions, wars, starvation, etc, etc. They love talking it up.
Yet somehow we not only defy that we get more productive every year despite the predictions. It must be infuriating.

Here is an example of some of the links that you used to support your argument. These are the ones that i bothered to chase up.  You quoted 
1.The Manhattan Project, well they are funded by the petrochemical industry.
2. Mark P Mills, well he is an advisor to Western Fuels.
3. Kenny report. He is a right wing journalist who studied wildlife and later got a BA in journalism.
4. Then there was the dork that was linked to rainforest clearing in Indonesia and he also said you could drink Roundup and refused to do so when offered the opportunity.

Now I asked on 5 or 6 occasions for you to put up an organization to refute what NASA are telling us.  Avoidance isn't an argument which you did at every opportunity until we finally got ... "NASA is a wing of the Democrat Party"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 8:09pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The Manhattan Project?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 8:17pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The links I have outlined have speculated the doom of civilisation. Without a shred of evidence.

Despite C02 rising above 300ppm we are able to live on, quite comfortably. Hell even NASA as an observer of all the doom is still sanctioning the burning of major fossil fuel dependent projects. You got to laugh.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote reel crayze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 8:22pm
reel crayze View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

The Manhattan Project?

My humble apologies . It was the Manhattan Institute and it was not you that quoted it.

My bad my apologies.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 6:29am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

climate crises deniers , ask yourselves “what if you are wrong”….we all die a slow death. I’m not prepared to take that risk. If the climate crises is wrong we end up with reduced pollution, on that alone I’m all for it.

Bold decisions need to be made. I reckon a global law stating no human can earn more than $2million a year. Then all the excess trillions be ploughed into the environment. 
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 9:49am
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Reel Deal<div>Bold decisions need to be made. I reckon a global law stating no human can earn more than $2million a year. Then all the excess trillions be ploughed into the environment. </div>[/QUOTE Reel Deal
Bold decisions need to be made. I reckon a global law stating no human can earn more than $2million a year. Then all the excess trillions be ploughed into the environment. 
[/QUOTE wrote:

Haha, would you like some fairy dust as well! While we are in the world of make believe....

The report makes it clear that the writers consider the biggest c

Haha, would you like some fairy dust as well! While we are in the world of make believe....

The report makes it clear that the writers consider the biggest contributors to climate change are humans, right?

So, why then do they not propose the simplest solution?

Less humans.

If you have children then you are the biggest contributor to climate change, no matter what other minor changes you make re FF and EVs etc.

The next big UN campaign should be NO MORE HUMANS. We need net population decrease immediately.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 10:53am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Reel Deal Reel Deal wrote:

climate crises deniers , ask yourselves “what if you are wrong”….we all die a slow death. I’m not prepared to take that risk. If the climate crises is wrong we end up with reduced pollution, on that alone I’m all for it.

You are not prepared to take the risk?
Outline what you have done to be C02 free?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 10:55am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by SaltyC SaltyC wrote:

Originally posted by Reel Deal<div>Bold decisions need to be made. I reckon a global law stating no human can earn more than $2million a year. Then all the excess trillions be ploughed into the environment. </div></td></tr></table><br /><div><br /></div><div>Haha, would you like some fairy dust as well! While we are in the world of make believe....</div><div><br /></div><div>The report makes it clear that the writers consider the biggest contributors to climate change are humans, right?</div><div><br /></div><div>So, why then do they not propose the simplest solution?</div><div><br /></div><div>Less humans.</div><div><br /></div><div>If you have children then you are the biggest contributor to climate change, no matter what other minor changes you make re FF and EVs etc.</div><div><br /></div><div>The next big UN campaign should be NO MORE HUMANS. We need net population decrease immediately.</div>[/QUOTE Reel Deal

The report makes it clear that the writers consider the biggest contributors to climate change are humans, right?

So, why then do they not propose the simplest solution?

Less humans.

If you have children then you are the biggest contributor to climate change, no matter what other minor changes you make re FF and EVs etc.

The next big UN campaign should be NO MORE HUMANS. We need net population decrease immediately.
[/QUOTE wrote:

Going by that reasoning we should celebrate death!

Going by that reasoning we should celebrate death!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 11:30am
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That there is change in the climate, there is no doubt, it's happened since before when there were no men around.
The big question is if what we are doing is actually causing it out accelerating it. I don't believe that they know, it's happened before.. It's happening again.
I still think we can do better and stop pooing in our nest, but I don't believe it's anywhere near as bad as they make it out to be.
I see so many dumb decisions being made that really seem to be just restricting people's freedoms and nothing being done on a global scale to uptake some of the better energy options such as liquid thorium reactors. Instead we are told windmills and solar panels are the answer, it's laughable..
When the power went out on Monday night, windmills and solar panel really?, Would they have helped? Don't think batteries... The Aussies are having terrible with their big Tesla batteries bursting in to flames...
Every supposed authority has an agenda.. Follow the money and look for it.
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 12:31pm
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ha Ha, precisely Muppet.

I am terribly confused one part of the UN,WHO, is telling me we have to save all the humans and IPCC is busy telling me that humans are the cause of all evil.

What to do, what to do?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 12:45pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes it is quite something being told vehemently there are too many humans on the planet 😂
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 2:33pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Climate crisis really and this Labour Govt wants us to be EVs by 2030ish.
Then why has the Govt made more deregulations that came in to effect today to give Cheaper Petrol to us and more compitition with the fuel companies.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 3:15pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

1/ No government.. or more accurately elected officials has met any of the objectives set over the last 30 odd yrs to prevent further excelleration of climate change (originally called global warming.

Pretty much the same result of countries that have elected officials in charge of their covid .. We are not one of them Wink

2/ The atmospheric CO2, carbonated halogens , and hydrocarbons have increased in rate since humans have been digging up and burning fossils fuels..
AND at a rate that has never been seen on this earth since the begining of life. About 4 Billion yrs think it is (??).. or even close to any previous rate increase.

3/ Yes we have had blips in recorded history of weather changes.. eg dark ages, ice ages etc.. none have had weather changes as extreme on a regular basis as we are seeing in the last 40yrs.

4/ The earth used to have a high CO2 CO and carbon content.. Which eventually reduced as life evolved, died, got buried then formed coal , slate,mud , oil etc.

5/ Then humans started to dig it up and burn it at increasing rates.

Now Im not saying the above is what is causing the sudden rate of climate change... maybe all of the above and lot more stuff is just one big coincidence...maybe its a lazer from a distance civilization in light yrs away...

Regardless... Co2 etc is increasing, not just threatening holiday homes of the super rich built on sand bars, and on cliff top edges, also who have built homes and farms on floods flood plains , then built up stop banks that are now proving too small for current rainfall in the hills. And planted huge forests that are now in high risk climate zones..( Current reports on that out in last couple days..)

Big things are changing and CO2 /CO / atmospherics hydrocarbons are the cause ..
 They need to be controlled quickly.. if point of no return isnt already here now huge methane reserves are being released from millions of yrs of perma frost etc..

Cause of nothing being achieved is same as Covid .. or lack of.. civil defense emergencies around the world being too often being ineffective/efficient... because of elected officials who loose their jobs quickly if they actually do something effective but those actions doesnt get votes.

And we argue about the peanut stuff.. EVS, plastic bags.....

Page  <1 1819202122 24>