I'm so privileged

Page  <1 789
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 10:34am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by whippersnappyr whippersnappyr wrote:

just following orders eh, you walked into that one muppet.

I’m only teasing,  you and others on the other side make good points.

I’m 52, grew up in Christchurch and had never even heard of the dawn raids.  I think the challenge for many including me is that what is that the culture of the nation is changing, the way we do things around here is changing and being in that inflection point is confronting for those who have different views including me. 

For the most part as we move through history the world gets better not worse.  A silly example I was held by my mother or sat in a seat hooked to the back of the front bench seat in a car when I was a child.  That was practice,  you would now be rightly criticised and committing a crime to do that today with a child. 

I don’t propose however to go back and have a go at my parents for putting me in danger!

I do think there are many more ways for some views to be expressed today that were never heard in the past.  Some of these so called “woke” views are just that.  Even despite left leaning government rhetoric you have to look through what really changes. In the end not much.  

Whenever I get a bit upset about changes or perceived changes that I’m not so sure about, I do reflect on how lucky I am to be in the situation I have.  Yes it’s not all luck but some of it is. Would I swap positions with those who are receiving more of my money today than they would have 10 years ago.  Easy answer,  no way!

Haha I like the ribbing in the first line 😂

Yes things certainly do change, but when we don’t know all the facts, taking this sort of thing as it appears to be can be wrong. And when it seems like a lot of the change is being forced deliberately through various means it certainly clouds what actually happened.

I have deliberately said it’s not racist because I don’t know, but you can have the opinion it could be racist because it appears so. This is why I hate terms such as institutional racism. There is no such thing it exists in a persons mind and if it should manifest itself in someway it should be dealt with.

And in this case this is the truth, on who made what decisions and for what reasons has not as far as I am aware been made public.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 7:14pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Back from trouting just to hear Winston is back with the perfect re-entry.  Watch the polls.

Cheers

Rainbow   
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 8:03pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Rhetoric is no path back in when he did what he did in 2017 and his voters punished him.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 8:18pm
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Winnie ......... Here we go again. He's obviously moved on from screwing over his voter base a few years back. Im not sure if they have though. No doubt there's a few crusty ol Doris,s out there that would quite like his slippers parked under there beds.... But its got to the point ya almost feel sorry for him... Just bloody retire for god sake man.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 8:57pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

After what Labour has turned into the old saying : The enemy of my enemy is my new friend" might be a logical choice for tactical voters???    It is hard to imagine that many year 2000 Labour voters have voted for a racially divided country.   No need to like or even  trust  Winston as long as he calls Jacinda out and for that he is better than Collins or Seymour  at the moment

Cheers

Rainbow  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 5:44am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

No even if by some miracle Winnie got 5% he would go red again. If he were required.

And Seymour does a pretty good job of keeping them in check on the numerous bad policies.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Hook-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 11:00am
Hook-it View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Rainbow Rainbow wrote:

It is hard to imagine that many year 2000 Labour voters have voted for a racially divided country.  

Cheers

Rainbow  
Son, has a farm over Gisborne, been there a few years. Since Jacinda has been pushing the dividing of our language and the main use of the word 'Aotearoa' along with those in parliament with Winz barcodes, tattooed on their faces, he has seen a massive change in the interaction between white Maoris and others, almost like, 'why are you living in our country /theme.
Wife and I went over for a few days recently. Wow Opotiki people have changed for the worse also. Walked down main street but was very glad to get back into vehicle and head off out of that town. Not good vibes at all.
Others, we have talked with, no longer want to or feel safe traveling parts of our country for the same reason. 
On what Jacinda is up to she is creating a massive division between the people of New Zealand. We are fast going into what SA was trying to get out of, trust me it is going to get a lot worse in the very near future. Even creating Maori wards is going many steps too far. There was no need, for the fact remains, if you wanted to be on the council then take the same steps as others and campain to get there via others voting you in, not just being given something you do not deserve. We should be all equal in this country we all have two arms and legs and the same opportunity.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingiFiddla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 11:45am
kingiFiddla View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

It's a sad state of affairs when a meritocracy is considered systemically racist. Look out below...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 5:10pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 8:30am
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It's all going to plan. Wait till critical race theory is taught in schools,govt saying people of colour are going up against systematic racism everywhere. That's BS, everyone has equal opportunity in every aspect of life,for the govt to say they don't is brainwashing and condescending and just wrong.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 9:11am
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by fish-feeder fish-feeder wrote:

It's all going to plan. Wait till critical race theory is taught in schools,govt saying people of colour are going up against systematic racism everywhere. That's BS, everyone has equal opportunity in every aspect of life,for the govt to say they don't is brainwashing and condescending and just wrong.

I wasnt going to chime in on this conversation but it appears this country maybe on a slippery slope down hill and is this the start or what will be the ramifications from rulings such as this.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 10:34am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Zimbabwe 2.0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 11:04am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Tzer Tzer wrote:

Originally posted by fish-feeder fish-feeder wrote:

I wasnt going to chime in on this conversation but it appears this country maybe on a slippery slope down hill and is this the start or what will be the ramifications from rulings such as this.

That is how you empty prisons.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 5:48pm
Page  <1 789