I'm so privileged

Page  <1 34567 9>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corosanta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 12:02pm
corosanta View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Might have missed this gem..

What is a Rainbow Crossing?

Sitndrinkntalknbullman
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corosanta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 12:14pm
corosanta View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

And I just love this notice in our local rag up here...That the FNDC have:

"hereby given notice of the following cancellation to a formal meeting due to lack of business.

Regulatory Compliance Committee"

Signed...

"Team Leader-Democracy Services."

What the heck are/is Democracy Services????

Sitndrinkntalknbullman
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 1:24pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

😂

It’s more wasted money is what it is.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 2:27pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by corosanta corosanta wrote:

Might have missed this gem..

What is a Rainbow Crossing?

The rainbow crossing on Auckland’s Karangahape Road.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 2:32pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

When governments want make unpopular decisions they usually come out with an outrageous decoy for the media and the public to bite into .     I see this sudden announcement to build a Cycle Bridge as such a decoy to deflect from its ugly racial Apartheid  agenda that it wants to feed to us in small palatable bites.     It looks like they have even managed to distract National away from what should be a political gift from heaven for this languishing party.     As others have said David Seymour looks more and more leadership material.     Refreshingly sensible politician but still a lousy dancer.    

Cheers

Rainbow  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phantom Menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 2:56pm
Phantom Menace View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by corosanta corosanta wrote:

And I just love this notice in our local rag up here...That the FNDC have:

"hereby given notice of the following cancellation to a formal meeting due to lack of business.

Regulatory Compliance Committee"

Signed...

"Team Leader-Democracy Services."

What the heck are/is Democracy Services????

Democracy Services will be the part of Council that organises the various meetings, public consultation etc.  They do need people to sort the logistics out for the politicians
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 4:37pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Rainbow Rainbow wrote:

When governments want make unpopular decisions they usually come out with an outrageous decoy for the media and the public to bite into .     I see this sudden announcement to build a Cycle Bridge as such a decoy to deflect from its ugly racial Apartheid  agenda that it wants to feed to us in small palatable bites.     It looks like they have even managed to distract National away from what should be a political gift from heaven for this languishing party.     As others have said David Seymour looks more and more leadership material.     Refreshingly sensible politician but still a lousy dancer.    

Cheers

Rainbow  

Haha yes.

Reading a few articles of late, left leaning publications kind of thumbing their noses at us for doing as we were told during Covid lockdowns.
Apparently we were not who we think we are for doing so. We are good little sheep.

I promise you we in my house won’t be so compliant on the next ones if they try it again.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 9:27am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

When governments want make unpopular decisions they usually come out with an outrageous decoy for the media and the public to bite into

Nope they always do...became a a 'norm'  in NZ during the muldoon yrs... and it works extremely well

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 1:49pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

On my way to get the jab I heard about the new Jacinda propaganda film "They are us".   Good on the Christchurch victims being incensed to belatedly discover that they are being used as a tool for the Jacinda self aggrandisement propaganda.    How tasteless can you get!!!    Labour's spin doctors must have had a hand in this.    They may not have orchestrated it but this flick would never have got off the ground if Jacinda had not nodded her approval.   Bad mistake to be blinded by one's overhyped self image.    Kiwis  are a fair lot and don't like foul play .    I too got fooled by her masterful performance after the massacre and her daily Covid show.    Turns out we were not alone, the whole world feted her Oscar winning performances.     Labour needs us to stay dazzled with their "Toothfairy"  so they can slip their toxic racial agenda under the public radar.    

Cheers

Rainbow

Ps Will be off the theme, while fishing on the Tongariro for a week    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 3:03pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Rainbow Rainbow wrote:

On my way to get the jab I heard about the new Jacinda propaganda film "They are us".   Good on the Christchurch victims being incensed to belatedly discover that they are being used as a tool for the Jacinda self aggrandisement propaganda.    How tasteless can you get!!!    Labour's spin doctors must have had a hand in this.    They may not have orchestrated it but this flick would never have got off the ground if Jacinda had not nodded her approval.   Bad mistake to be blinded by one's overhyped self image.    Kiwis  are a fair lot and don't like foul play .    I too got fooled by her masterful performance after the massacre and her daily Covid show.    Turns out we were not alone, the whole world feted her Oscar winning performances.     Labour needs us to stay dazzled with their "Toothfairy"  so they can slip their toxic racial agenda under the public radar.    

Cheers

Rainbow

Ps Will be off the theme, while fishing on the Tongariro for a week    
She is number 1 world leader or close to it,says bugger all for the others??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 3:58pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well Auckland just got voted the most liveable city award too.

I quite agreed with that on level three traffic 😂

In all seriousness though the mosque killing should be well left alone. The families are still grieving that horror and only time will go anyway to healing the loss. But I guess the woke agenda won’t let it well be.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 4:04pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Well Auckland just got voted the most liveable city award too.

I quite agreed with that on level three traffic 😂

In all seriousness though the mosque killing should be well left alone. The families are still grieving that horror and only time will go anyway to healing the loss. But I guess the woke agenda won’t let it well be.
The only time the Families will  stop grieving is they hang the bastard. Mucking around keeping him in solitary confinment,we wouldn't do that to a animal. Just put him down
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 4:33pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I agree entirely but we both know that ain’t going to happen.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 5:39pm
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cindys movie about her will never go ahead.
If her PR people are picking up what the general public are putting down they will bury the idea as soon as possible. 
Apparently Jacinda knew nothing about it... which is total bulls--t
But the whole thing is just a step too far... even for her.
What a nausea inducing -narcissistic- poorly timed and even poorer taste - all round stupid idea. My god... 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 6:07pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well those affected have certainly put it down in no uncertain terms. Of course she is saying it’s not about me. But indeed it was.

I hope people are seeing the shallow motivations of this government and how they operate.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 7:37pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Andrew Little has just announced to speed up the Coastal/Seabed negotiations rather than to let each claim be decided by the courts.     Just in case a future National Government sees its mistake reversing Helen Clarks wise decision that the foreshore and seabed are public lands that belongs to all of us.    Next ones on the block to be handed over is the public lands administered by DOC (1/3 of New Zealand) and then water and what ever else is left.     Would not be surprised if under some cultural pretext they find a way to claim private land .

Cheers

Rainbow

She is saying she did not know anything about the film.    Pigs do fly
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 9:21am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good on the Christchurch victims being incensed to belatedly discover that they are being used as a tool for the Jacinda self aggrandisement propaganda.

Nah think they are just incensed about a film being made, like all the other NZ bad happening films... Pretty much a knee jerk reaction in a time of way over sensitivity and PC BS

On the other hand having based on her perspective (after some consultation with apparently many of those involved.. I ask how did that come about?  the victums not interested.. stone wall it..
Election would be coming up.. Jacinda rather quiet ,initially , then a very 'modest' why me? type media statement...
From a politician that majored in communication marketing etc.
No doubt she would also have be chatted to ...being most likely the only player to see 'opportunities'  would jump at it..

Now if the victims and those against the movie did so and openly discussed the political opportunities the movie would have... hell yeah THEN they have good argument to say they would be exploited.. for political again , not private monetary gain..

Also to note is our other disaster movies, the basis, be victim, police, or by stander etc developed during the making. This one is announced based on the PM.. and the failings... both political.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 11:11am
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have just read through 4 pages of this thread.
I can not remember when I last read as many thoughtful considered posts without any nastiness or name calling.
It's a pleasure to have so many thought provoking concepts and revelations to consider.
I think I'm probably not alone in admitting I have spent most of my short life in relative ignorant of politics etc, but this current climate has made me sit up and listen.
I listened last night to a highly leaned mate talk about liquid thorium reactors, oodles of cheap Poulton free per which would enable all plastics to be broken back down in to raw crude, which could them be made back in to any plastics desired. The technology that is already around to do this stuff. But conveniently overlooked by the powers that be, as it is not convenient to give this stuff to us. Power and greed still drive policy. Not pragmatism and sensibility. The sheer stupidity of thinking that wind and solar are the answer to our energy needs.

It seems the it's spent talking crap and pondering, while out fishing have not been wasted on you guys. Keep it up.

The challenge to myself and to others is, when good people do nothing and stay silent, evil and stupidity will prevail
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 1:15pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

Good on the Christchurch victims being incensed to belatedly discover
that they are being used as a tool for the Jacinda self aggrandisement
propaganda.

Nah think they are just incensed about a film being made, like all the other NZ bad happening films... Pretty much a knee jerk reaction in a time of way over sensitivity and PC BS

On the other hand having based on her perspective (after some consultation with apparently many of those involved.. I ask how did that come about?  the victums not interested.. stone wall it..
Election would be coming up.. Jacinda rather quiet ,initially , then a very 'modest' why me? type media statement...
From a politician that majored in communication marketing etc.
No doubt she would also have be chatted to ...being most likely the only player to see 'opportunities'  would jump at it..

Now if the victims and those against the movie did so and openly discussed the political opportunities the movie would have... hell yeah THEN they have good argument to say they would be exploited.. for political again , not private monetary gain..

Also to note is our other disaster movies, the basis, be victim, police, or by stander etc developed during the making. This one is announced based on the PM.. and the failings... both political.

Apparently the PR team for Jacinda were taken aback by the public reaction.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 1:20pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Big -Dave Big -Dave wrote:

I have just read through 4 pages of this thread.
I can not remember when I last read as many thoughtful considered posts without any nastiness or name calling.
It's a pleasure to have so many thought provoking concepts and revelations to consider.
I think I'm probably not alone in admitting I have spent most of my short life in relative ignorant of politics etc, but this current climate has made me sit up and listen.
I listened last night to a highly leaned mate talk about liquid thorium reactors, oodles of cheap Poulton free per which would enable all plastics to be broken back down in to raw crude, which could them be made back in to any plastics desired. The technology that is already around to do this stuff. But conveniently overlooked by the powers that be, as it is not convenient to give this stuff to us. Power and greed still drive policy. Not pragmatism and sensibility. The sheer stupidity of thinking that wind and solar are the answer to our energy needs.

It seems the it's spent talking crap and pondering, while out fishing have not been wasted on you guys. Keep it up.

The challenge to myself and to others is, when good people do nothing and stay silent, evil and stupidity will prevail

I agree Dave. I lived in ignorant political bliss for years but only because I took things for granted.

I see there are going to be rebates for electric vehicles purchased and extra fees on petrol cars.

Can someone tell me how that is going to help the poor who can’t afford a new Tesla, only a cheap Japanese import?
Page  <1 34567 9>