now that FB has gone full circle...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote e.m.p! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: now that FB has gone full circle...
    Posted: 09 May 2021 at 9:24am
e.m.p! View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

...and is becoming a wasteland again, part of me hopes this forum gets resurrected. The amount of time i’m looking for old info here makes it such a useful tool for spot info and trip reports. Best bit were the winter build sections (here!here! and IMO the Wellington forum. Lots of friendships started there. Unfortunately i’m not too often in the water anymore, but I’m on here every day and think I’ll get cranking again with some banter. Join in!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 9:36am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

It would be good to see the Spearos Forum revived
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 8:21am
Crippy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

It would be cool to see.
Go hard or die trying.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 10:33am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It would be cool to see.

Or could be just because this time of yr the sea is cool ?Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Dan Shootz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 9:23am
Dan Shootz View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hell yes lets get it goin again , FB sucks. 

I learnt all there was to know about spearing when I was a kid on here from all the old buggers, good to see its still partly alive !!Clap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 5:59am
JustAnotherSpearo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

It would be cool to see.

Shes warmer in the water than outside, jump on in Steps!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 6:38am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

agree this site is “the” resource on all things fishing complied by good buggers (some passed but left some of their vast knowledge) like minded, and catering for every level of resources, region, background. 
I’m a daily reader also. 

Keen to see more spearo content, I’m on the fence, it might be something I try this year…or next haha 
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 8:33am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by JustAnotherSpearo JustAnotherSpearo wrote:

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

It would be cool to see.

Shes warmer in the water than outside, jump on in Steps!

just had a look at swell map temps. yep water looks a deg or so above air temps...so warmer, but definitely not warm.Cool..yet
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote e.m.p! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 11:20pm
e.m.p! View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

7mm suit is a game changer. Last time I went out the “weather” below was better than topside. Worth it too
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 6:30am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

holly that’s a haul!
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote e.m.p! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 12:39pm
e.m.p! View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

give it a go, Reel. Nowadays we rarely come back empty-handed. Knowing how it looks (and feels) under the surface helped quite a bit on picking the right spot for line fishing too…
Where are you based?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 2:11pm
JustAnotherSpearo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Reel if you want to give it a nudge let me know mate. My parents are in Whangarei and from memory with the fishing reports youve just moved up to the winterless north?

I only get up north once every 2 months for a dive these days (pesky mortgage and adult life ruins the fun) but more than happy to show you the ropes. Id have a better knowledge base of the coastline from the chicks to the 9 pin than most when it comes to spearing