Seasnake Washes Ashore - Tokerau Beach.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seasnake Washes Ashore - Tokerau Beach.
    Posted: 03 May 2021 at 6:18pm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 7:32pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

A mate's daughters found a live one at Karioitahi a few years ago. It was still alive so we put it in a warm bath. It was pretty lively then! 
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 8:42pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

A mate's daughters found a live one at Karioitahi a few years ago. It was still alive so we put it in a warm bath. It was pretty lively then! 

And then what?!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 8:50pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have seen small body parts of, what I have believed to have been marine snakes, versus eels and pipefish on Northland beaches amongst the rubble and digging for shell fish.
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 9:15pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by MB MB wrote:

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

And then what?!
It was tasty Big smile
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 9:32pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sick
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 5:39am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

had some sea snakes trying to get aboard in WA. So we moved a 100m each time but they kept coming. We both didn’t want to move from the hot action fishing spot. I took a few photos only to read front page of local paper a few days after that the identical snakes has only just been rediscovered after thinking of being extinct for 50 years. 

These ones were definitely not hiding. Think they may have been mating as a few were in tight balls. Quite a big snake so we were on edge as they swam up and trying to come up the sides and motor leg. 
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 5:22pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Came across a yellow belly sea snake on the sand at oakura bay ,Northland some years back.  Was basking in the sun and very much alive. 
That also was in May.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 9:57am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It was tasty Big smile

We where having a few beers a week or so ago.. some how the conservation came around to strange stuff in the freezer.. I have had a turtle in mine for 45 odd yrs.  And that sea snake turned up out of the freezer