Grunter Hunter 2021

Page  <1 4567>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 5:23pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by Alan L Alan L wrote:

Oh - missed that - was too interested in the gurnard.
looks like he is beyond repair. Strange company you keep.
Alan

Would pay not to laugh too loud, until you try on the outfit he is going to loan you so as we can remain incognito & not followed when we go to our secret spot !
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 8:42pm
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Grunta Grunta wrote:

Here we see Smudge performing the classic " whoops-a-daisy I was just reaching for a piece of bait " tactic with his right hand . Happens all the time on the good ship Smudge 2 .
COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 8:11pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Alan L & Bazza, you don't know it yet but I nominated you guys to camp under the roof of The Green Shed, We want to put out bar leaners on Saturday and as few beers in I said you guys would be our security. Bazza makes an impressive bouncer.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 10:11pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Alan L & Bazza, you don't know it yet but I nominated you guys to camp under the roof of The Green Shed, We want to put out bar leaners on Saturday and as few beers in I said you guys would be our security. Bazza makes an impressive bouncer.

Smudge we are happy to look after your beer. Bazza is just waiting for confirmation from a buyer.
Alan
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 10:06am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 10:20am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Alan & myself were rather disappointed at the turn out last night for the pre comp dinner ( above ) considering attendance was covered in the the price of the ticket.

Entre consisted of crumbed scollops, prawns,  oysters & fresh mussels
along with in the shell oysters & smoked salmon, plus fresh crayfish, accompanied with a French bubbly & a Martinboroh pinot noir .

Main course = wild pork with mushroom sauce & veges.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 12:54pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Forecast looking good.

Presume comp is a goer ... getting ready to leave ... both of looking forward to  catching up with fellow forum members & meeting new  members.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 1:36pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by bazza bazza wrote:

Forecast looking good.

Presume comp is a goer ... getting ready to leave ... both of looking forward to  catching up with fellow forum members & meeting new  members.

Barry, it is still on, really nice day here and has been all day. If we are forced to cancel we will draw the prizes but that is only going to happen if conditions are dangerous and it certainly doesn't look like that now. We will catch up for a pre comp warm up beer

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spin king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 5:26pm
spin king View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

wow what a feed!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 7:13pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Met up with Bazza and Alan L tonight, first ones there. All the best for tomorrow guys!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 8:04pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good luck and exciting adventures lads, I will look forward to the reports and banter.Clap
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wayno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 12:11am
wayno View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Memories of my first trip up to The Toro...
About to depart Whakatane to drive through the night in a bit of a storm. Delayed my intended launch time of midnight due to the variations in weather forecasts, will be there and all set up ready to go by daybreak.(oh, by the way... managed to snaffle first prize that original trip so perhaps, just perhaps, the weather is an omen for me!!)
We'll see...
Tight lines folks, looking forward to it.

To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 9:10pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

A great day but with respect comp needs an alternative species category !!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Transformations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 10:23pm
Transformations View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Ah, the lesser known furry green gurnard. Great catch Bazza

We don't know what we don't need till we've got it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 11:32pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Wayno snatched a prize yet again, I failed to win anything yet again, nice to see Bazza yet again and nice to meet Alan L.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 1:08pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

What does a gurnard look like
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Far Quirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 3:02pm
Far Quirk View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Did Bazza win it with the furry green gurnard?  I've checked in several times and would love to know the top weight, and if poss, which harbour it came from.  Weather turned out to be reasonably kind?
Far Quirk - I'm goin' fishn!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 3:34pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Yes the weather was good, all the fish came from the Manukau harbour, the coast was too rough and Raglan & Kaipara are out of bounds. The winning fish was 1.29kg and 20th place went to a 0.96kg fish. The weather as promised was perfect!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Transformations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 3:40pm
Transformations View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well done on hosting another successful comp smudge and condolences on not being in the prizes. Perhaps you should consider cutting up Skoti's bra and making flasher rigs....it's already attracted a few red faced old fellas so should workLOLLOLLOL
We don't know what we don't need till we've got it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 4:12pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Fishing report.
Well, fishing with Bazza was never going to be dull. Took about 2 hrs to depart the driveway after Bazza declared we are nearly ready. Always forgetting last minute stuff. Must make sure we have everything for 2 nights and a days fishing.
Arrived at Te Toro just on dark - and met up with smudge. Cool. But busy boy.
Then we discovered we had no milk, bread or spuds. Oh well, we can eat dry weetbix morning and night.
Fishing the muddy was a new experience for me. Surprised at the current on the tide.
Was like being anchored in a river and I expected a trout anytime soon.
Took a while to find a grunter but I was pi....ng myself most of the morning listening to Bazzas endless funny stories.
We got a few grunters eventually but not on the prize list. I thought Bazza had it all sorted.
Then Bazza lost the camper van keys - just before dark.
After we eventually found them he left them to me to look after.
Met up with one guy who knows where the scallops live on the Muddy. but he wasn't passing much on - except he uses them for Trevally baits.
They sure are different up there - Skoti and scallops to catch Trevs. If I was on that guys boat he wouldn't have any bait.
Good fun w/end.
Anyone got a recipe for Lesser known green furry gurnard - Bazza is interested.
Alan

Legasea Legend member
Page  <1 4567>