How many of you fished Fantail Bay?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote corosanta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How many of you fished Fantail Bay?
    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 1:15pm
corosanta View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Just asking because we used to live in this cottage for a year or so back in the mid 1990's. It's at Paritu Bay just before Fantail.
Sitndrinkntalknbullman
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 1:30pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes, when I first got in to kayak fishing. Fishing blew my mind!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 10:00pm
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I fish that coast quite a lot, know of those little cottages.., by the second granite wharf?
The exs family were quarry operators up there, so some interesting history.
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corosanta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 8:58am
corosanta View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

..... by the second granite wharf?

Yeap.
Sitndrinkntalknbullman
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 10:49am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'd live there in a heartbeat corosanta.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 7:49am
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Me too great spot!

used to fish that area alot late 80s, 90s and it was amazing. Even fished it in the last 10 years but always seen plenty of people on the rocks all along the coast there when I've gone past
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 9:46pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You might find this interesting

https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programmes/countrylife/audio/2018790914/book-details-use-of-coromandel-granite-in-nz-landmarks

How long would it take to get up there by boat from coromandel?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 10:13pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

fished off rocks there in 90s , stayed overnight in bay in camp area.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BananaBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 8:25pm
BananaBoat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

A mate of mine comes over from the UK for a few months every year to rock fish the top of Coro & the last few years has rented that house.... well, gets a good deal so the owner can get away for his holiday
Bet you know him JK
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 7:36am
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Originally posted by BananaBoat BananaBoat wrote:

A mate of mine comes over from the UK for a few months every year to rock fish the top of Coro & the last few years has rented that house.... well, gets a good deal so the owner can get away for his holiday
Bet you know him JK

I'm guessing its Paul

Does he still come over here annually? 
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BananaBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 7:51pm
BananaBoat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

yeah, thats him
flew in last year in Feb, got stuck here with lockdown, been here since....14mths fishing & touring so far