Original Pakula Evil Rat & Lumo Sprocket

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Original Pakula Evil Rat & Lumo Sprocket
    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 5:45pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm testing the waters here.

These are original Pakula lures, I bought 33 years ago.

I have re-skirted with the new oily evil skirt and Illusion/lumo on the other.

Could be a collectors item by now...

What does the class reckon they are worth?

No feral goats this timeLOL

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 12:19pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

OK a lure expert suggests between $180-$250 each.

So lets see how many magpies that attracts...LOL
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 2:43pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Animal and Sprocket you say?  The top lure looks more consistent with the shape of the Wombat / Rat / Mouse heads?  If the Sprocket is the lower lure I'm picking the other to be a Rat.
It would be nice to think that my lure collection is appreciating in value.  I'll tell the missus of my wise investments made years ago ........... mmmmmm, perhaps not.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wanabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 4:00pm
wanabe View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

$150 for the sprocket no extra goats or deer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 4:33pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Fish Addict Fish Addict wrote:

Animal and Sprocket you say?  The top lure looks more consistent with the shape of the Wombat / Rat / Mouse heads?  If the Sprocket is the lower lure I'm picking the other to be a Rat.
It would be nice to think that my lure collection is appreciating in value.  I'll tell the missus of my wise investments made years ago ........... mmmmmm, perhaps not.

You could be right with the Rat mate, I thought back in 1988 there were only a few models and head shapes. I shall ask the Master...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Saltiga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 5:13pm
Saltiga View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

thats a Rat, to small for a wombat and definately not an animal Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 6:07pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Saltiga Saltiga wrote:

thats a Rat, to small for a wombat and definately not an animal Thumbs Up

Thanks Sam.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:33am
Platinum
Platinum

Al I have one of your Sprockets stable mates with the original skirts (probably an early evil pattern) so not as pretty as yours.  The head is clear and there is a slither of holographic material within the skirt with the name PAKULA on it.  I don't recall having seen this before.  This lure has never been wet.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Saltiga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 10:12am
Saltiga View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

may even be a cockroach
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wanabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 2:14pm
wanabe View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

if the lure is 10.5" long it is a Mouse
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 2:47pm
Platinum
Platinum

Wanabe - the lure has been re-skirted so the length may now vary from the original.
Saltiga - the Cockroach was smaller than the Mouse which makes it too small.

I'll see if I can put a photo up later showing a Wombat, a Rat, a Mouse, a Cockcroach and an original Sprocket.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 3:02pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

New lure skirt same length as the original. 29cm overall

And sprocket with skirt is 30cm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 3:20pm
Platinum
Platinum

The original Sprocket I have is 335mm long. The Rat (not original) is also 335mm.  The Mouse is 260mm long.
The head diameter of the original Sprocket is 37mm, the newer models are slightly larger at 39.5mm.
The head diameter of the newer Rat is 44.5mm, versus 36.5mm of the Mouse.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wanabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 5:13pm
wanabe View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

the head tells it all it is a lot smaller than the sprocket so cannot be a rat or the cockroach, as that is the smallest and the wombat is the largest
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 6:30pm
Platinum
Platinum

Here is a size comparison for you.  In order from the top we have Wombat, Rat, original Sprocket, Mouse and Cockroach.
By my reckoning if the diameter of the head of the lure in question is greater than the diameter of the head of the original Sprocket, then it's a Rat, if it's less than the head diameter of the original Sprocket then its a Mouse.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wanabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 6:58pm
wanabe View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

the head length says it all the skirts can be added and cut to what ever anyone wants

in the pic supplied the head off the sprocket and questionable lure is a different length
 the mouse is smaller to the rat the sprocket and the mini sprocket is the same difference the rat is bigger
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wanabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 7:50pm
wanabe View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

$200 for both lures lets get on with the auction
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 7:57pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by wanabe wanabe wrote:

the head length says it all the skirts can be added and cut to what ever anyone wants

My skirts have not been trimmed, but if I do, Peter Pakula showed me how to chop them all at the end all straight, even if a mill or two. The skirts are not symmetrical and never come out of the factory perfect.

I have been to many Pakula sessions, plus a weekend retreat class away, he always maintains that the ideal lure length is 11.5" inches...old school.Clap

(292mm)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wanabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 8:13pm
wanabe View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Al you are claiming both lures are the same size heads and the length is equal
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 12:23pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

No mate, ok here are the measurements;

For the Rat in Evil;

Head length - 60mm
Head widest diameter 42mm
Head at cupface diameter 34mm

Evil Oily Skirt Length 250-255mm (due to untrimmed ends).

Lure Length overall 290-295mm 

Lumo Sprocket in Illusion;

Head length - 70mm

Head widest diameter - 40mm

Head diameter at cupface - 30mm

Illusion/Lumo skirt length - 260-265mm (due to untrimmed at end)

Lure length overall - 315mm

Page  12>