Covid Level 3 Auckland

Page  123 11>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ofthesea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Covid Level 3 Auckland
    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 9:06pm
ofthesea View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I guess fishing from a boat is not allowed in Auckland under level 3 covid. Probably means AC racing is banned as well?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 9:36pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I’m in Whangarei for a couple of days - I can drive through Auckland to get to Hamilton tomorrow I hope ?
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ofthesea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 9:58pm
ofthesea View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nope I doubt it, I'm expecting there will be road blocks both sides. Though in saying that a mate managed to get down to Auckland last time this happened but got collared on the way back.
We have just had to cancel a trip to Coromandel tomorrow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spin king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 10:22pm
spin king View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

you'll be fine
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 6:51am
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/300230012/covid19-road-blocks-around-alert-level-3-auckland-to-prevent-nonessential-travel

When you think about it - they are trying to contain a virus within as small a boundary as possible. Having people transit thru the hotspot to places unknown outside it defeats the purpose of the Lockdown.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whippersnappyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 7:47am
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by ofthesea ofthesea wrote:

I guess fishing from a boat is not allowed in Auckland under level 3 covid. Probably means AC racing is banned as well?
both are correct 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whippersnappyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 7:48am
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Reel Deal Reel Deal wrote:

I’m in Whangarei for a couple of days - I can drive through Auckland to get to Hamilton tomorrow I hope ?

There will be queues at Auckland border and they will ask you why you are travelling and presumably let you through
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 9:00am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Son's and crews working in Cambridge this week..
 Applied for permits to cross the borders last night, left 5am this morning .. all vechilces and ppl permited up Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 9:22am
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Heard TV3 roadblocks will be in place today but will not stop people going to their destinations due to the difficulty of them (people) being able to get paperwork justifying their travel at such short notice. Will be enforced from tomorrow...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 9:37am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

If you can give a genuine excuse for being on the road in order to return to your place of residence  or merely passing thru AK within the next three days surely there would not be much sense in blocking or turning around those doing so.

Where are they expected to go ?

Maybe require that they be covid tested or vaccinated perhaps but as I understand the situation there is no law exists that can dictate or compel any NZ citizen to undergo either of the above.  
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 10:25am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It’s probably easier to cross to the international border than the Auckland borders 😂
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 12:45pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

applied for exception online. Looks ok but do expect queues.
Not stopping in Auckland just going along highway back into heathy NewZealand haha. 
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 1:31pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Say the midday news. 3 to 4 hour delays at roadblocks and requiring you to get documentation.. Guess it will sort itself out..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 5:18pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Its a bit inconvenient, to frustrating...
 Lets not get our nickers in a twist thu..
 Have good friend in the UK, got there just before all this covid thing came out.
 The on again off again, lock downs, semi lock downs, 1/2 a55ed government calls.. a bloody mess and ppl dieing, cant even get many buried let alone proper funerals.. Business going under let right and center..

Another friend in Spain, they are far better off, thu still similar issues on smaller scale.
 Aussie on again off again...

So we have another 3 day lock down till results of the low risk community incident gets sorted... then relook at things.
We should not be complaining... we are just 1 of think 2 countries in the world more or less sailing thru this world pandemic.
We should counting our blessings.. we have been and are very very lucky.

Not only that, weather has broken, cant go fishing anyway, or much else... All good Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (5) Likes(5)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 8:54pm
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

What a complete piss-take that the America’s Cup teams are allowed on-water training at Level 3 while rec boating/fishing is disallowed because it’s “too risky”. I’ve never had to put a bloody helmet on to go fishing, nor have I ever lost control of my boat so spectacularly that it stood up on it’s bow and then sank.

On what planet is some rich men’s boat race an essential service?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 9:49pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Saturday looks flat. Wonder if Cindy will let us out?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 10:14pm
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

What really disappointed me last night, was the stream of traffic through Gordonton. .at 9.30pm.., it's never that busy normally, but all those possibly infected people rushing to get out and take the infection with them...to spread..
There will never be a vaccine for stupidity and selfishness..
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whippersnappyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 10:20pm
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Saturday looks flat. Wonder if Cindy will let us out?

I’d guess not. Her usual pattern is to keep extending. My guess is level 3 till Sunday night even with no further cases. Then 2 weeks of level 2. Very happy to be wrong. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 10:48pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

The secret of surviving level 3 isolation relatively unaffected is to keep occupied .... today was only day 2 admittedly, but I kept busy learning how to melt ice cubes using only my mind by constantly staring at them non stop. 

However it took much longer than I thought it would, so will try again tomorrow to see if I can do better.
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 11:03pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Rozboon Rozboon wrote:

What a complete piss-take that the America’s Cup teams are allowed on-water training at Level 3 while rec boating/fishing is disallowed because it’s “too risky”. I’ve never had to put a bloody helmet on to go fishing, nor have I ever lost control of my boat so spectacularly that it stood up on it’s bow and then sank.

On what planet is some rich men’s boat race an essential service?

Hard to disagree with that. 

On a less serious note if you really try you too will be able to do those stunts Big smile, get in now while we still have some form of ACC.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Page  123 11>