Perfect Boat for Those Shallow Spots on Kaipara

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perfect Boat for Those Shallow Spots on Kaipara
    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 5:04pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSTCsVMw5W0 

Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 5:18pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Very nice, but I think Bazza would still get it stuck on the mudbanks! LOL
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 1:41pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by Catchelot Catchelot wrote:

Gotta admit I probably have the rather dubious distinction of holding the record for getting grounded on the mud banks.

Can well remember the first time when saying "Let's charge off over there where those mob of birds are sitting on the water ... bound to be a heap of fish under them !"

As the boat ground to a sudden halt, so did the realisation that they were wading birds standing water up to their ankles. Last trip on the Kaipara about a week & a half ago managed to slice my thumb whilst gather oysters on a sharp shell then encountered a female member of the local constabulary resulting in a $180 speeding infringement then on arriving home swung wider than usual to miss a parked car resulting in a trailer wheel impacting the kerb moving the axle on that side back out of line. A few days previous had camped at Shelly Beach intending to go out in the inflatable, carried in the motorhome. After the tedious routine of unloading, assembling then inflating discovered it had a slow leak ... are the best laid plans of mice & men indeed.

Have just returned home yesterday from a fly fishing trip away in my "Off the road motorhome" but still cannot post pics so may ask some kind person to do so on my behalf ... Al perhaps if I ask him politely.
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 2:02pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by bazza bazza wrote:

Originally posted by Catchelot Catchelot wrote:

Gotta admit I probably have the rather dubious distinction of holding the record for getting grounded on the mud banks.

Can well remember the first time when saying "Let's charge off over there where those mob of birds are sitting on the water ... bound to be a heap of fish under them !"

As the boat ground to a sudden halt, so did the realisation that they were wading birds standing water up to their ankles. Last trip on the Kaipara about a week & a half ago managed to slice my thumb whilst gather oysters on a sharp shell then encountered a female member of the local constabulary resulting in a $180 speeding infringement then on arriving home swung wider than usual to miss a parked car resulting in a trailer wheel impacting the kerb moving the axle on that side back out of line. A few days previous had camped at Shelly Beach intending to go out in the inflatable, carried in the motorhome. After the tedious routine of unloading, assembling then inflating discovered it had a slow leak ... are the best laid plans of mice & men indeed.

Have just returned home yesterday from a fly fishing trip away in my "Off the road motorhome" but still cannot post pics so may ask some kind person to do so on my behalf ... Al perhaps if I ask him politely.

You have such interesting trials and tribulations, Baz.

Yes, email me the pics if you like.Thumbs Up
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 4:53pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bazza's pics... attempting to "Off Road" in the camper. Ouch

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 5:06pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ahhh, just curious Bazza. Did you intend to park on that steep slope, or did it just happen?  Question
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 5:11pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Thanks Al ... must get the pic posting problem sorted ... Grunta has kindly offered to talk me thru it ... so best get onto it.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

In the meantime here is the text to go with the pics 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Was on the way home after a fly fishing trip on the Whakapapa & had stopped on the side of the road to get a drink ( fruit juice ) from the fridge.

Was inside when a ultra forceful gust set things in motion & the roadside camber took over.

Thankfully managed to jump out half way .... miraculously was negligble damage nevertheless not an experience I care to repeat.

Incidentally I was told that the little shed contains very expensive internet signal equipment & if you damage one, can be liable for up to a couple of million .. thankfully the farm fence prevented that happening without even causing a scratch to the cab. $450 later for a haul out fee & was on my merry way again ... never a dull moment.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 5:19pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bazza - every trip an adventure with you. Never a dull moment. That looked a bit scary.
You are supposed to keep the camper level - the fridge won't work and the beer won't get cold.
Regards
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 5:20pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by Mr Moritz Mr Moritz wrote:

Ahhh, just curious Bazza. Did you intend to park on that steep slope, or did it just happen?  Question

No ... I reckon it decided to take off on its' own on a short cut leaving me stranded in howling torrential weather ... think I will get even by letting its' tyres down !!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 7:30pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by bazza bazza wrote:

Originally posted by Mr Moritz Mr Moritz wrote:

No ... I reckon it decided to take off on its' own on a short cut leaving me stranded in howling torrential weather ... think I will get even by letting its' tyres down !!

Bazza I think insurance was invented for people like you... Keep up the good work...Beer

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 8:11pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Ireckon it was trying to emulate American Magic ... no insurance cover on that either ............