Lowrance Triple Shot Transducer

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crochet Cast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:01pm
Crochet Cast View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I have the same transducer. Played around with the setup and never seem to get a good reading except just putting along off the plane.
Saving up to replace it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 9:27am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I also have the same transducer..
like the older short stubbier one , had a few issues getting right due to hull design pre sounder being affordable days.
Also figuring/ sorting out a few custom settings in the sounder.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Almo1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 8:22pm
Almo1960 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Almo1960 Almo1960 wrote:

Lowered trans, no change.

Update; Filed weld flat where bracket meets bottom of hull and lowered t/ducer even further. Now holding bottom up to 19.5knots. Happy with that. I have been told I could improve on that but this is a huge improvement.
Thanks to you all for your input.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kimber7wsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 6:38am
kimber7wsm View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Use 200khz not High chirp when travelling. High Chirp doesn't work anywhere as well on the plane as Fixed 200Khz.

That might help even more
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 10:37am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That makes me ask the question..
 I run sounder full screen (maps on another gps unit.)
I have  1/2  chirp one side and 200 the other...
 What is, is that also  the fixed 200 ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kimber7wsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 6:40am
kimber7wsm View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Chirp is a sweep of all frequencies, in a range. I haven't looked into the Lowrance range (in the don't need to know, it works category). You get a lot better definition with Chirp -as in I've seen a snapper inside a bait school whereas with 200Khz it was just a big bait school. That snapper was about 50cm and tasty. I wouldn't have known it was there without Chirp.

Airmar uses 210Khz to 130Khz for it's narrow and 250Khz to 150Khz for it's wide, in the High series.

You may find using the med or low as well as high or 200, may help find more fish. The lower frequencies have a wider beam. I use it when looking for Terakihi, then wait until I see them on high to know I'm over them.

Med/Low frequencies really struggle when on the plane generally. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 1:31pm
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

When trying to optimise the height of the transducer and not knowing which way to go try this fine tuning tip.

When on the plane say 20mph slightly turn in the direction of the transducer, effectively lowering it and if the return gets better you need to lower it.

Conversely, turn away and if it gets better raise it.
Page  <12