Do lures multiply

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do lures multiply
    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 7:32pm
yknot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Just been getting couple of lures rigged, can't remember having that many.
Was told that lures don't catch the fish, they catch the angler. Well I am truly hooked, and looking forward to getting back out there.
Those that say it can't be done are being overtaken by those doing it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 8:09pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It’s not an unknown problem mate. Fish wind ons and all lures that go on are fully rigged. Lost count  of what I rigged over late summer and winter Basically there’s probably 60 plus, sadly most will never see outside my garage door but looking fine. I run what catches and having had few lean seasons stock is increasing all the time. 
Couple I do want give go are these though,  in among usual suspects are these two. Will put up photos.
Suspect you have started a great new thread which others will post up large on. Good on ya.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 8:23pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

They certainly do. Well at my place anyway. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote terrafish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 8:44pm
terrafish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

My garage appears to be a perfect breeding ground!
Part time Devils Advocate, Fulltime procrastinator
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 8:52pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nope I sold them all with my soul...

I now have only four or what I'll tell you...LOL
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 9:02pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

plus couple seven strands and a big lumo built by a mate

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 9:26pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

opps that is five, just run out of rods... need more new rods out to run some favourites Embarrassed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote terrafish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 11:25pm
terrafish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by shaneg shaneg wrote:

opps that is five, just run out of rods... need more new rods out to run some favourites Embarrassed

No you're looking at it wrong shane. It works like this..... a marlin comes in on the medium sized black and purple lure in the spread has a brief look and disappears without even looking at anything else in the spread. Something is wrong with the lure, so need to try larger or smaller size. So there is 3 lures to start.

Then there is the lumo, evil, ghost, Kohe, ...........

Nek minut

The bloody things are breeding out of control
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 12:00am
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

So terrafish... I have no idea.. so need to run even more lures.. thanks for tip Tongue
I would have told you few years ago which lure the marlin that came in my gear would likely take, but now I have no idea.  It’s cause I’m getting  old and less successful each season. ...also lost couple of great lures to fish in between those many seasons.

Tip I do have is don’t dry your  best lures in sun on your deck in hot sun especially after a successful day, as next day the skirts on your best lure will disappear without you even getting a strike.Embarrassed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 5:30am
yknot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by terrafish terrafish wrote:

Then there is the lumo, evil, ghost, Kohe, ...........

Nek minut

The bloody things are breeding out of control

Yea then Gay Bob or pink is all over social media and you have to get one of those so you are not left out. Then you start reading about hooks
The old favorites always go back out in their tried and tested positions where they have caught fish previously, and all the new shiny ones just take up room in the cabin until you want to mix things up.
I find my lumos have multiplied , could run a full set and still have spare.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZTurtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 6:55am
NZTurtle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by krow krow wrote:

They certainly do. Well at my place anyway. 

Given your expanding collection Doug, I think you should just call yor lures rabbits from now on...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 4:43pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I believe there is a vaccine coming through shortly for you guys.
"Covet tas 20".
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote terrafish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 9:11pm
terrafish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by MATTOO MATTOO wrote:

I believe there is a vaccine coming through shortly for you guys.
"Covet tas 20".
Nah i'm anti vac, and if i was to speculate a little then i'm thinking you have more than a dozen lures mattoo?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 9:28pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm beyond help. 
My 5 lure rolls overflowed into the 3 brief cases and now this draw is full too. I'm at a loss where they are coming from. Thinking I might need a bigger house. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 9:47pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

love the red eye in Kohi colours
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote terrafish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 10:17pm
terrafish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by krow krow wrote:

I'm beyond help. 
My 5 lure rolls overflowed into the 3 brief cases and now this draw is full too. I'm at a loss where they are coming from. Thinking I might need a bigger house. 

Or Garage?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 7:56am
yknot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yea the lures sure keep appearing, I keep find boxes of them where I sorted them out, stumbled on box on small lures last weekend.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 7:59am
yknot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Shane, that lure has already caught you, and hasn't been in the water yet.

Lures catch fishermen, not fish. We are all hooked.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bigfishbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 10:08am
Bigfishbob View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah they keep breeding and mutating, all sorts of stange colours and head shapes keep appearing, at a complete los as what's happening?< defer="" ="https://static.cloudflareinsights.com/beacon.min.js" -cf-beacon=""rayId":"5fc8796cfd4feeaa","version":"2020.11.6","si":10">

What's worse, in my first year of trolling on my current boat I had three fish up and got one, on a Pakula Lumo Med Sprocket, and Pacific Hawaiian Poo Brown, and a Hooker Brown and white squid, then my lures started breeding and I ended up with all these red Gill and Bonze things, haven't seen a fish since!Ouch
www.waikatosportfishing.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 8:14pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

If you PM Stormbringer you might be able to get one too. Wink That one is yet to see the water but will surely get a run this season. Now what one do I not run ErmmWacko