Really cheap flies from Kenya

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Really cheap flies from Kenya
    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 10:44pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Anyone else received an offer of really cheap flies from Kenya ?

Appears to be genuine until a few distant bells start ringing & I was totally sucked in up until that point until warning sirens drowned out the sounds from the bells.

Fortunately did not send any money or bank details even when offered a selection of flies of my choice to check the quality & all I needed to do was to pay a small delivery charge which sounded a bit strange, but they had given such a convincing sob story I was seriously considering sending considerably more in the form of a donation but thankfully had not supplied any bank details.

Have subsequently been investigating via google searches & discovered the same persons' name appears as the marketing manager of three or four almost identical operations. 

When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 3:49am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

scary Bazza. Good work in researching. There seems to be no place to hide from scams.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jofly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 7:59am
Jofly View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

It's a shame because there are legit operations over there but I have seen these scams around on FB forums and read a lot of stories of people getting sucked in. Often the first order goes well and then when you finally buy enough they vanish.

If you are looking for decent but cheap flies Barrie has a growing selection of fresh and saltwater flies at pretty good prices http://www.flyfishinginxs.kiwi/product-categories/fresh-water-flies (best viewed on a desktop not mobile phone)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 12:01pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by Jofly Jofly wrote:

It's a shame because there are legit operations over there but I have seen these scams around on FB forums and read a lot of stories of people getting sucked in. Often the first order goes well and then when you finally buy enough they vanish.

If you are looking for decent but cheap flies Barrie has a growing selection of fresh and saltwater flies at pretty good prices http://www.flyfishinginxs.kiwi/product-categories/fresh-water-flies (best viewed on a desktop not mobile phone)

Yes Johan can also confirm that Barrie has a wide range of well priced products & have been happy with that which I have purchased from him. Have been particularly satisfied with a sw fly combo purchased as a spare when going to Christmas Is also a ( 6 wt freshwater combo intended as a spare for my much loved sage. The latter was used for the first time last week when loaned to a newbie fly fisher who was casting quite well with it ... even caught his first ever fish on a fly. So well in fact that I decided to have a few casts & was blown away to find I could cast further than with my sage ... quite amazing for a sub $200 setup.

When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!