Akios fireloop

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Akios fireloop
    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 8:08am
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Is it a big surf reel? Some of them have really slow oscillation. At the same time, could be a faulty oscillation mechanism. Whereabouts are you?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 3legs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 11:02am
3legs View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Isle of Man bud
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 11:09am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Can you see the spool moving in and out when you're winding it in?
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 3legs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 11:10am
3legs View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

No bud it only moves about half an inch so when i try to put line on the spool it just collects at the bottom
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 11:19am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

The spool shaft oscillation is usually driven by a gear with an offset pin/crank type arrangement. Sorry i'm not familiar with the AKios brand but my bet is what ever connects the spool shaft to that gear has come loose. It is usually eay to see what's going on by removing the handle and the side cover of the reel.

If you push and pull on the spool does it move in and out?
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 3legs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 11:41am
3legs View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

No bud  there is no give in it. 
What makes it strange to me is i checked the reels up on youtube, the fireloop did not really have anything on it so i also looked at the Akios Airloop to see how they moved but could not really work it out.