Large 7 seater suv??

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Twosix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 6:44pm
Twosix View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

also agree with the Arcadia - my last vehicle was one (LTZ) - great family wagon but wifey not want dogs in car so it was back to a ute for me 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote John_Ra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 5:27pm
John_Ra View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

hmmmm if you can afford a 2020 model, why not ;look at a 96-04 Toyota prado 3L T/D, get one well under 10k, even a 4.2L landcruiser... ... Have a 96 Prado only done 323K & grunty as. Doing a few mods to it nothing major cause some already done ie: 2in lifts, muddies. Straight thru muffler with flexy this is key... spotty's, light bar, awning setting it up for Straya....  something to think about... you would still have plenty cash leftover for more essential equipment like Beer, fishing gear etc Beer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slapper 61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 4:24pm
Slapper 61 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Try Having a look at a new Rexton. I have had one 2 years. Lots of room. Good to drive. Great towing. Towed my 7m buccaneer better than my Pajero did. I go auckland to coromandel all the time full of gear. They are well spec’d. I looked at most of the big SUV’s with 7 seat and big tow capacity.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hkt_up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 4:57pm
hkt_up View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

3.2 Ford Everest. Great vehicle, have had 7 adults in mine from Welli to Waikanae and everyone was comfortable enough, and tows beautifully. Based on the Ranger and pretty much bullet proof.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 8:57am
Muzzfishing View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

We had a Ford territory 6 cylinder petrol was not economical when towing the boat but who cares when you are going on holiday with the family and taking the boat, used around 15lt/100km towing a 5.5m boat plenty of room for 5 and plenty of space in the back for suitcases etc.  Never let us down was the wifes car. Unfortunately has been written off was parked in a under ground car park which flooded last week 
Take look at the Everest or the older model diesel Territory.
    A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 11:02am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Im not that well informed on deiseil/ towing etc..
 Ppl throw around highest hp/ torques numbers etc, and rpms.
What we have noticed with different vehicles.. Sons and business partners towing often big weight, Towing the boat with different vesicles is just having the big numbers doesnt cut

The final ratio and at what speed the vechicle is doing at those rpms does.
Sons business partner tows same weights 2 to 3000kg  far better over all on the highway/ back roads than sons late model bells and whistles toyota yet produce less hp/ torque.
 Towing with a colardao or ranger is not as good as the SSangyoung for the same reason.
 But go off road and they then come into their own.. due to the final gear ratios.
Then there is comfort.. Some are rather primitive in the Accessories andriod seats  road ride etc, but make up for because the torque/ hp rpm range is made for the roads, not for pulling stumps out of swamps.

Just something to think about .. the end use and is it designed for that end use.
 Road or off road?

And if want a experience, take a LDV for a test driveWink.. parking in supermarket car parks , open road and over farm land.. They are built to work.. a cross between a sherman tank and a Russian tractor ... and do it well in those environments...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 5:03pm
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Had pool contractors from Nelson working on my site off and on most of this year who drove an LDV van. They thought it was great ( ... and he was a German) but the clutches on them are absolute garbage.
Had been through several (clutches) in less than 100,000 kms. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 8:49am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I never followed up on reliability etc of the LDV...just getting around a supermarket car park was enough to 'move on'
Yet it did leave a very lasting impression. Nothing else like it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whippersnappyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 7:29am
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

highlander is quite a good option but not great on gas. Used ti get rentals of that or  Ford territory and the territory wasn’t a patch on the Toyota. Notwithstanding your view on looks cx9 is probably the best actual vehicle to drive. Not a fan of Nissan (for me the next Japanese brand to become irrelevant like Mitsubishi).  If it was me I’d probably want a diesel solution. So that likely means European 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 2:25pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

If it was me I’d probably want a diesel solution. So that likely means European 

Yeah, hence SSanyoung merc running gear...And if option still available, the 2.2L engine. has quite a bit more punch on the road than the 2L
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ramprage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 4:29pm
ramprage View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Wont trust ssanyoung again, son had a Acton ute, just did 100k and the running gear failed, 7 Thousand later, and i thought it Mercedes running gear, looking on the internet looks like the Koreans are in with the a India motor company. It only had a 3 year warranty, it was just out off that  
When the going gets tough...the tough
keep going
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 5:18pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by ramprage ramprage wrote:

Wont trust ssanyoung again, son had a Acton ute, just did 100k and the running gear failed, 7 Thousand later, and i thought it Mercedes running gear, looking on the internet looks like the Koreans are in with the a India motor company. It only had a 3 year warranty, it was just out off that  
would it not be covered under the CCG act,warreaty period may not apply as such. The value of the vehicle determines under the act, must last x period of time.
Like our fridge had a 3 yr warranty but consumer says it should last 10 yrs .We got it fix for free at 7yrs. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 5:31pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ssangyoung pre about 2012 where crap sending the company to the wall. and didnt run merc running gear.  Couple yrs before that Korea sold a majority shareholding to Indian company. They overhauled from top to bottom including merc running gear.
 In saying that each brand has it draw backs.. VW where craping out around the 100K , fords with oil change .. or rather non ford trained ppl doing oil changes..Earlier nissan where breaking chassis backs and folding into 2.
 list goes on and on.

1 or 2 instances out of a production line of 1000s doesnt make a dud brand... and when actually researched looked into 9 times out of 10 comes back to people/ service ppl not reading service manuals and updated bulletins.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 8:01pm
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by ramprage ramprage wrote:

i dont see how 'mercedes running gear' can be an attraction

anything MB has built for their cars and light commercials since the mid-1990s is absolute unreliable junk
No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Dagwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 9:14am
Dagwood View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

1 or 2 instances out of a production line of 1000s doesnt make a dud brand

Agreed - it's what the company does to put it right and look after the customer that determines that.

Yes assuming service requirements have been met and it hasn't been abused, holding up a 3 year warranty statement and pointing to a calendar after someone has spent the sort of money we're talking about to purchase trouble free motoring = dud brand.

Page  <12