Nice 26 lb da !! Mokau...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (7) Likes(7)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nice 26 lb da !! Mokau...
    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 7:58pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi All, managed to get out again last weekend, same spot , same methods, same amount of Gas used which averages around two litres per trip! Had a couple of comps to fish for, so gave it my best Shot. On board good mate Steve who had entered our Labour Weekend Mokau two day Comp as well. Much the same as last weekend we caught alot of fresh bait and waited for action on Straylines. First fish of the day sent one of me Strays ScreamingWink Hooked into a big Boy, took my time and eventually up came a 11.89 kg Snap to the net. If it wasn't for Mokau Comp being on weight i would of released it after shots on measure mat. The Fish was an odd shape with a huge head and front half then a skinny back end with a huge tailBig smile Ideal for measure compsThumbs Up Wasn't long before Steve nailed a beauty as well, His best went 10.98 kg. After that we released a few more around 20 lb and kept some smaller ones for food. The next day turned to custard and we were out and in after a few hours with not much action. Prize giving for Mokau we had a clean sweep, with myself, Steve and Mates from Hamilton fishing same methods 3rd. The other thirty odd boats out wide no big ones landed. More importantly to myself I hit the lead in Hirepool national one month measure comp. One more day to go until endThumbs Up Pics- Myself with Snap & on measure. Cheers All...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 8:59pm
Sanchez View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

nice one Geoff. I reckon you'll wear the crown
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote CrayZfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 9:25pm
CrayZfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Bloody great stuff Geoff. Is there a bronze statue of you in mokau with a big snap?
Why choose either diving or fishing when you can do both. Besides crayfish tail is very good bait!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MrWildabeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 6:13am
MrWildabeast View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Awesome fish fella Hug
Here fishy..fishy....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 7:13am
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A beauty Clap

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 7:55am
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice fish and 2L of gas!  Awesome.
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 8:20am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I hope you hold on to that no1 spot Geoff
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Transformations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 11:25am
Transformations View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by CrayZfish CrayZfish wrote:

Bloody great stuff Geoff. Is there a bronze statue of you in mokau with a big snap?

That would be disrepectful CrayZ....bronze is for mere mortals . Geoff is pure gold

Been watching that leader board Geoff, you really left that one to the last minute...hope you come out tops.

We don't know what we don't need till we've got it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 3:17pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Transformations Transformations wrote:

Originally posted by CrayZfish CrayZfish wrote:

That would be disrepectful CrayZ....bronze is for mere mortals . Geoff is pure gold

Been watching that leader board Geoff, you really left that one to the last minute...hope you come out tops.

Its done & dusted now T but have to wait till 5th Nov as they do some fancy live facebook link with the Fishing and Adventure boys to announce winners. I'm not even on facebook will have to tune in somewhereLOL Thanks for replies Guys!Beer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Johnny Watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 7:52pm
Johnny Watson View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Bloody smashed it again Geoff! Well done on the fishing comp and measure comp wins 👏
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 8:07pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Top stuff Geoff and well deserved too. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 4:32pm
tjm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Top fishing, well done again
Cant beat hunting and Fishing in N.Z
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Keith C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 9:30am
Keith C View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Congrats to Geoff on taking 5th, 3rd and 1st place in the snapper section of the Hirepool comp last night. The video of the prize giving is available on Facebook under the Hirepool comp.

Well done Geoff. Absolutely awesome. And thanks for sharing your expertise with us here on f.net
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Transformations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 3:59pm
Transformations View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Bloody well done Geoff, you are the master

We don't know what we don't need till we've got it