Tackle pod organiser.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mysto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tackle pod organiser.
    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 11:08am
Mysto View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey fellas, those of you with Vikings. What do you use to organise your tackle / softbait etc. in the tackle pod? I'm not installing a sounder and I have this big empty space that I need to utilise efficiently.
Photos of your setup would be cool to see too.
Cheers
V
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bouncerdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 10:29pm
Bouncerdog View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

How to use this space? I am asking myself the same question.

I am unfit, fat and old. There is no way I can bend over and touch my toes. But that's what you have to be able to do if you want to reach the back of the tackle pod. 

I needed a cloth the other day when a fish was getting a bit stroppy, and as the cloth had found its way to the back of the pod (front really, I suppose) I could not reach it.

It is a great system, and I'm not complaining about having plenty of room, but it would be good to hear how others are using it.

Cheers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 5:28am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Block off that space if it is not needed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BananaBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 11:11am
BananaBoat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Depending what type of fishing Im doing, just swap the sistema on the pod

All this lives inside the pod, usually take too much, but the pod is big enough to accommodate heaps too
12a battery, sunnies, water bottle, scissors, basic small lures & what you see in the opened container

On top of what lives in the pod, I add one or more of these containers that is setup for specific type of fishing
Stray line stuff
sliders, softies, jigs
baitfishing for livies & JD rigs
dropper rigs for the Manukau
Just grab the container what I need on the day... too easy

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 4:44pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Very organised, and impressive BB . Like the targeted minimalist approach.
My terminal tackle is  all kept in my PDF,  in a very small tackle box plus couple of spools of trace light for softies (flouro) and bit  heavier (18 kg maxima nylon ) for baits.
Only thing in my tackle pod might be a odd packet of soft baits if not anticipating using them. If softbaiting I have a couple of packets in bait bucket behind me.
Centre well is usually empty apart from the battery for fish finder... hate opening on water. And fastidious when get home to see away any droplets of salty water.  I have no issues with fish finder batteries mind you.
I take one extra gurnard rig dropper complete with two ounce sinker in the cup holder and always rinse it in fresh water when get home.. hardly ever used unless get sharked. 
Less is usually best. Will put some photos up as it is raining I’m drinking and can’t cut the 4 lawns I need to.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 5:11pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Everything else you need should be handy as not in tackle pod like knife and gaff... but stored in easy reach.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BananaBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 9:16am
BananaBoat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by shaneg shaneg wrote:

Very organised, and impressive BB . Like the targeted minimalist approach
thanks man

Also like my whole kit in one place, so is not to leave anything behind... hopefully