Seaforce 430 winna

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rusty360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seaforce 430 winna
    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 10:38pm
rusty360 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi all, anyone got one, been in one, I'm after the good bad and the ugly. Seem to be very well finished great reviews etc.

Cheers rusty
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DIY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 8:28am
DIY View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I used to own one of these, liked it so much I upgraded to a Seaforce 530. It’s a gull wing design so can bang a bit in the chop but very capable for that size of boat. Feels a lot bigger than it is and super stable at rest. Mine had a 40hp Mercury Lightning on it which went well but 50hp would probably be a bit better. I like a glass boat so suited me well. Fished 2 comfortably but I have fished with 4 no problem. 2 up would max out at about 26kts and would pull the kids around on the biscuit no worries.
If I was looking for that size of boat again, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one.
Oh what a smasher - two eggs and a rasher!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rusty360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 11:19pm
rusty360 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by DIY DIY wrote:

I used to own one of these, liked it so much I upgraded to a Seaforce 530. It’s a gull wing design so can bang a bit in the chop but very capable for that size of boat. Feels a lot bigger than it is and super stable at rest. Mine had a 40hp Mercury Lightning on it which went well but 50hp would probably be a bit better. I like a glass boat so suited me well. Fished 2 comfortably but I have fished with 4 no problem. 2 up would max out at about 26kts and would pull the kids around on the biscuit no worries.
If I was looking for that size of boat again, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one.

Hey DIY, thanks for the info. Etheir they are awsome boats and people hold on to them or they have sold bugger all of them, as I currently cant find one for sale 2and hand.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote DIY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 11:28pm
DIY View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

There are usually 3 or 4 on trademe but seems to be bit quiet at the moment. I think people tend to hold on to them for a while. The guy that makes them is on his own so not mass produced.
Oh what a smasher - two eggs and a rasher!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote neil_cb125t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 2:51pm
neil_cb125t View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

yep seconded, After picking up my Seaforce boat from Ric he stated it was the boat got them through the GFC - they pumped out 430s for a year or so post the crisis as people could justify spending a little bit on a boat or downsized to one.

There was a couple for sale 2 months ago but you are also coming into summer........
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rusty360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 8:28pm
rusty360 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yeah owel im happy to wait. Hopefully I can find one to go for a spin in.

Cheers for the info.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote neil_cb125t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 7:42pm
neil_cb125t View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rusty360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 10:11pm
rusty360 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by neil_cb125t neil_cb125t wrote:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/boats-marine/motorboats/listing/2808117253?bof=Menelulp

just popped up - but i see your looking at other boats now

Hey Neil, Yeah I've messaged the guy for some more info before a 3 plus hour for a look at it. $18000k is getting up there to.

Theres also one in paeroa but have had much luck getting any info yet.
That ones $16500

Cheersrusty