New Beach Launching "chappy" wheel setup

Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote neil_cb125t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Beach Launching "chappy" wheel setup
    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 3:14pm
neil_cb125t View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

So after a few beach launches with the new boat i confirmed what Dad always Said. ...... jockey wheels suck bum unless your in a garage.

Dad had a skidder setup which was actually really good but is a weld job. I wanted to created a bolt on/no trailer mods approach so you can remove her if it doesnt work or suit.

SO this is the creation....

Its a bracket that clamps around your draw bar with a mount hole running across.

The Wheel barrow wheel is mounted (bolted on double nut styles) to a 16mm threaded bar which has a quick release lynch pin on the end.

You simply push the wheel and axle into the bracket, place a spacer and lynch pin in and drop it off your wagon onto the "chappy" wheel.  

you then have a larger inflatable non pivoting wheel (so the boat can be pushed straight back into the ocean) and then be launched ( no getting your car wet etc)

Retrieval I just beach the boat, push the trailer to front of the boat, winch it onto the trailer, rope up the hitch of the trailer to the car, the pull the boat and trailer out of the water on the "chappy wheel" again keeping car dry.

you can choose to leave the wheel and axle fitted while storing it or remove it so just the bracket remains bolted to the draw bar.

Not hard to make, or fit. I had everything apart from the wheel at home but if you didnt price of materials is prob under $100.00 total

Sing out if you want how toos etc.

Chappy