Housebus vs Caravan

Page  <1 23456>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 7:27pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You are asking the wrong people. Your other half will have the answer to that.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 8:00pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

You are too young to own a motorhome. don't ever put one of those snazzy sayings on it if you do get one
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 3:24pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by kitno kitno wrote:

Originally posted by Schampy Schampy wrote:

Sounds like swingers paradise. keys. Fruit bowl. You guys know the drill.

Is there a limit to the amount of keys I can draw?

No  limit ... but make sure before you buy any vehicle that it is not keyless entry otherwise you could find yourself somewhat left out !
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 5:30pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Now Bazza ..... That is FUNNY.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 6:28pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

You are too young to own a motorhome. don't ever put one of those snazzy sayings on it if you do get one

Traveling on
Roam n around
Free spirit
No particular place to go
Free bird
Gone drive about
Linger longer
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 6:54pm
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

OR.....
" you and have your Kate and Edith too"
 " A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"
" Any which way but loose"

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 7:28pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Update: After a couple of years of hard work and saving we've made a purchase, an 8.2m Mitsubishi Fuso. We decided to go the way of a housebus as the caravan/flat deck truck (for the Mac360 and trailer) was just starting to add up to be a bit on the pricey side. My partner will drive the 4x4 with boat in tow and I'll drive the bus. The plan is to be on the road by April 2024. Looking forward to the adventures.

Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 8:23pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Very cool! Does it have a filleting bench?
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BananaBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 8:46pm
BananaBoat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Kool man, congrats... nice tidy rig you have there

Its a bloody good lifestyle
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 8:54pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

top marks for realising your dream kitno.
but like smudge says, what about the filleting bench?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 8:58pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Very cool! Does it have a filleting bench?

Plenty of room to carry a couple of extra outdoor tables. Big awning on the side for shade aswell.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 9:31pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Very cool kitno. I'm jealous!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 9:52pm
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice work mate. Looking forward to the updates.
Planning on doing the same in a couple of years. Was thinking of doing a bit of part time relief motel management as we traveled.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 9:01am
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Very nice indeed Kitno. Living the bloody dream, get that beast up  north ASAP. 
Might need to change the colour of the fabric on those couches though mate.
Coming in from a big ol dirty fishing session and  parking up with a cold beer is gonna send ya mrs into freak-out mode should you mark them.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 9:35am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Definitely thinking we'll ditch the apricot carpet. Mrs has measured up for new curtains. Also going to upgrade the fridge to a larger one. The list will grow.

Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Got-ya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 9:38am
Got-ya View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Stack the roof with solar panels and get a Samsung invertor fridge. I have an off grid hut with 800 watts on roof. Run it off a 300 watt pure sine invertor. Fridge cost me $150 off TM. When compared to the price of a large 3 way or 12v it's a no brainer. 

Not my idea, check out NZ motor home forum under the technical section. Lots of people using the same set up in large motor homes or caravans.

THERE ARE TWO KINDS OF FISHERMAN, THOSE WHO FISH FOR SPORT AND THOSE THAT CATCH SOMETHING.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schecter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 9:50am
Schecter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice one Kitno.  This is what I was hoping to get after the first lockdown.  We didn't quite get there and ended up buying a cabin at clarks beach campground.  Definitely something for me to aim for in the future.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 10:16am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Got-ya Got-ya wrote:

Stack the roof with solar panels and get a Samsung invertor fridge. I have an off grid hut with 800 watts on roof. Run it off a 300 watt pure sine invertor. Fridge cost me $150 off TM. When compared to the price of a large 3 way or 12v it's a no brainer. 

Not my idea, check out NZ motor home forum under the technical section. Lots of people using the same set up in large motor homes or caravans.

Thanks Got ya, I have a look into it tonight after work. We've got 400 watts of solar on the roof now, not sure what size the inverter is.

Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 9:59pm
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Uncle Uncle wrote:

Filleting bench aside , whens the house warming ? Beer
COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 10:10am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Skoti Skoti wrote:

Originally posted by Uncle Uncle wrote:

Filleting bench aside , whens the house warming ? Beer

That's been done n dusted
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Page  <1 23456>