The Unraveling Of America

Page  123 4>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Unraveling Of America
    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 11:50am
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 12:01pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Covid is just one problem the USA is fighting.
A possible civil war is in the making,that's a bigger threat.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 3:17pm
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by fish-feeder fish-feeder wrote:

Covid is just one problem the USA is fighting.
A possible civil war is in the making,that's a bigger threat.

yeah you can definitely feel that one or some of the States is closer than ever to splitting off from America - i wonder which will be the first to go?
No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 3:21pm
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Catchelot Catchelot wrote:

Not a bad read if you can be bothered...

good article - a lot of quotes and facts there - accepting them at face value, it certainly is alarming reading and reminds how screwed up America is.

the next Presidency - whether is be Trump or Biden  - is a crucial one that must get things under control
No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 3:59pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

NY state has 14 day quarantine at its borders now.
You can see this wreaking havoc in the US for many months (Years?) given the population size and their attitude to any community good. Not to mention anti-vaccers and conspiracies.
They may well be the worst toll in terms of deaths and economics.
But they have to be in ever deeper dodoos if the lunatic is put back in charge of the asylum.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 4:12pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Bounty Hunter Bounty Hunter wrote:

good article - a lot of quotes and facts there - accepting them at face value, it certainly is alarming reading and reminds how screwed up America is.

the next Presidency - whether is be Trump or Biden  - is a crucial one that must gets things undercontrol

If Biden wins(which he wont,) America is in deep sh1t. He said you ain't black if you vote Trump,lol. He will get shot to pieces in the first debate,he has even been warned to not debate Trump. I'm no Trump fan,but Biden is a Trainwreck mentally,I feel sorry for him. If Biden wins,his VP will take over fairly quickly.There are going to be race wars, believe that. BLM wants reperation,white people to give their land to black families,the abolition of police and jails... And it's actually happening in Seattle and Oregon as we speak. Then bring China into the equation.. ..the explosion in Beirut which made Russia say today that any missile seen entering Russian airspace will be assumed to be a nuclear attack and will have immediate equal retaliation.. cause they think it was a bombing,not an accident.
I want 2019 back.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (4) Likes(4)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 7:02pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I want the 70s back....biggest debate was which aBBa singer you would do...
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 7:28pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm with that.70's seemed to have it right. Post Vietnam. World peace /love/ blah blah. But as the article says - the good ol US was still embroiled in conflicts.
My primary school days seemed OK.
Eat your lunch, free milk, no homework, no responsibilities, eeling and making forts after school.
Looks like US may be screwed either way. I hate to think what Trumps ego will look like if he got back in. The one redeeming thing that man has done is call China out. The first world leader to stand up to them really.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 8:15pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by fish-feeder fish-feeder wrote:

Originally posted by Bounty Hunter Bounty Hunter wrote:

the next Presidency - whether is be Trump or Biden  - is a crucial one that must gets things undercontrol

If Biden wins(which he wont,) America is in deep sh1t. He said you ain't black if you vote Trump,lol. He will get shot to pieces in the first debate,he has even been warned to not debate Trump. I'm no Trump fan,but Biden is a Trainwreck mentally,I feel sorry for him. If Biden wins,his VP will take over fairly quickly.There are going to be race wars, believe that. BLM wants reperation,white people to give their land to black families,the abolition of police and jails... And it's actually happening in Seattle and Oregon as we speak. Then bring China into the equation.. ..the explosion in Beirut which made Russia say today that any missile seen entering Russian airspace will be assumed to be a nuclear attack and will have immediate equal retaliation.. cause they think it was a bombing,not an accident.
I want 2019 back.

It is a funny old world.
Those using violence and vandalism promoting the BLM and even those who are not using violence are themselves advocating racism and separatism.
Bit like NZ really.
Those fighting the so called "good fight" are creating bigger gaps between the races than already exists.
Oh the irony.
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 8:55pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Agree V8 it is salt on old, very very old in fact wounds.
Its like the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and the 00s never happened. Ignoring the fact the civil right protests did actually make things a lot better. When racism was truly instituted the protests were absolutely needed and were not nearly as destructive.
What are they protesting about now I cannot fathom. An incident is not an indictment on a whole country.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 9:21pm
Titahi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

][/QUOTE]

I want 2019 back. [/QUOTE]

I’m more inclined to think Biden will win... certainly based on current polling it’s more feasable   than anything else you’ve Predicted above .
But than you’d complain about the tax you have to pay on the Interest after winning power ball lotto
"I love standing by the ocean and just knowing what its for"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 9:37pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes, I would have picked Biden. By default. I do think the bulk of US have probably had their fill of Trump now. Unless Kayne West wins. It is America. They did vote Trump in.
It is remarkable that in a country like the US that is what you get to choose from as a leader.  If I was an american I think I would be getting depressed by now.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 9:47pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Titahi Titahi wrote:

]

I want 2019 back. [/QUOTE]

I’m more inclined to think Biden will win... certainly based on current polling it’s more feasable   than anything else you’ve Predicted above .
But than you’d complain about the tax you have to pay on the Interest after winning power ball lotto [/QUOTE]

Biden could.win,but I think Dems are voting for his vp,which he still can't decide on. He is cognitively not there to run a country,that's obvious.
And I wouldn't complain about tax on lotto cause I don't pay idiot tax to partake.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Clifftastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 10:10pm
Clifftastic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah...Old Joe Biden.....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whippersnappyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 11:04pm
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

good read despite being a thinly veiled trump hit piece. Thanks for sharing.  

The line below didn’t sound right so I looked it up. It’s totally wrong US testing rates are almost double Canada’s. When you find on claim so wrong it makes you wonder about the others. 

Throughout the crisis, testing rates across Canada have been consistently five times that of the U.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 6:46am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A 'democratic' country that has such a rigid, political two-party state will eventually founder.
To believe that having a hugely un-equal spread of wealth and unaffordable health care system is asking for trouble.
At 72, I won't see the US's collapse but will see its decline and that's not a good thing for the West.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 7:37am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Reel Deal Reel Deal wrote:

I want the 70s back....biggest debate was which aBBa singer you would do...
most would go Agnetha first but I reckon Anni then work your to Agnetha

Could throw in Joan Jett and Suzi Quatro
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 8:44am
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote corosanta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 9:09am
corosanta View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

"most would go Agnetha first but I reckon Anni then work your to Agnetha"

If you were doing it this way, would you include the boys?
Sitndrinkntalknbullman
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 9:21am
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

LOLLOL
Legasea Legend member
Page  123 4>