Wonder if these Daiwa softies will make it here?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wonder if these Daiwa softies will make it here?
    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 8:33pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It's interesting to see these Daiwa softbaits starting to feature in Aussie fishing vids (from guys associated with that company).
They're in the testing/marketing push phase, released into Aussie shops in Sept.

They appear incredibly similar to Z Man, with their own version of a stretchy, buoyant material - "Elastomax". 

And a number of identical or similar colours/names to both Z Man and Gulp.
E.g. Banana Split = Bruised Banana; Motor Oil; Pilchard = Nuked Pilchard; Baby Bass; Red bait = Redbone; Camo.

Interesting to see what names they can use - obviously a lot aren't trademarked internationally.

One cool thing on the website is you can select the UV view image and see each bait colour lit up (UV and/or lumo) under black light torch. 

(note, I have no connection with Daiwa - just a softbait collecting addict, as I've confessed in the softbait thread before!!)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 9:27pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Will probably come with Hush-hush sauce.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 9:40pm
Fizz View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yep they are on their way to our shores
Boat Name- Solace
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 9:45pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Will probably come with Hush-hush sauce.

LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 10:58am
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I have plenty of softbaits thanks, so whether they get here or not i don't care.

Well, that's not true and if it was it wouldn't stop me buying (i.e. collecting) loads of them, just in case....

And the hush-hush sauce is of course a waste of money, but maybe it's great so i will get that too :)

The UV views are pretty cool
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 1:52pm
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I hope they are more robust than Daiwa Flat Junkie softbaits
out of japan. They get hammered and after 2-3 fish fall apart.
I guess maybe the bait junkie is be developed with snapper in mind and not just sea bass / bream
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 7:30pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Always open to trying something different but would have to tick a lot of boxes to dethrone what I use now. Some of those colours look good.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 7:44pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by DenimViper DenimViper wrote:

I hope they are more robust than Daiwa Flat Junkie softbaits
out of japan. They get hammered and after 2-3 fish fall apart.
I guess maybe the bait junkie is be developed with snapper in mind and not just sea bass / bream

Fair call. The vid I was watching, the guy got a nice coral trout off the Queensland coast. The trout have some mean teeth and the jerk shad he used looked pretty un-damaged.

For the Aussie market, if they don't last against mangrove jacks, snapper etc, they might struggle.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 12:26pm
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The real test will come against the pesky leather jackets 😂😂
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sufishent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 6:02am
Sufishent View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by brmbrm brmbrm wrote:

I have plenty of softbaits thanks, so whether they get here or not i don't care.

Well, that's not true and if it was it wouldn't stop me buying (i.e. collecting) loads of them, just in case....

And the hush-hush sauce is of course a waste of money, but maybe it's great so i will get that too :)

Hmmm, sounds all too familiar Wink
You can never have enough fishing tackle
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 7:27pm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 8:21pm
Titanium
Titanium

It'll be interesting to see how widely stocked they are here (which presumably depends on how aggressively the local distributor pushes them into stores) and the price point versus Z Man - which seems to be the most direct competitor in terms of the material.

A popular colour Daiwa doesn't have is a bright orange - so Atomic Sunrise fans won't be swapping brand any time soon.