Kitting out a Yamaha jet ski for fishing

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kitting out a Yamaha jet ski for fishing
    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 6:23pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Recently I was tasked with kitting out this 2019 Waverunner FXHO for fishing, it turned out pretty darn cool with some cool features installed

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote robdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 8:36am
robdunk View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Great work coxie nice engineering, will know who to call when I finally get a ski
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 9:58am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Interesting stuff. Love watching fit out videos Thumbs Up Problem is I then get ideas and think of more ways to spend money! 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 2:04pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks guys! Haha yeah MightBoosh I know the feeling, putting underwater LEDs on this ski made me want them on mine!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 9:30am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Watched your latest video, those trolling rod holders are really cool. Love the way that none of the gear needs additional holes drilled in the ski I wish GC products were around when I was rigging my ski. 

Some more ideas for you to think on:

- Chilly bin mounted waterproof tackle box (sized to fit a standard Plano)
- Transducer bracket mounted on to boarding ladder bolts 
- Floatation collars/pods like the Aussie's use
- Livebait tank external to chilly bin
- Windshield - not for everybody, but it's been a game changer for me
- Anchor system - not sure where to even start with this one, but someone clever might think of something!

Sea-Doo did something really innovative with the their Fish Pro. Yamaha must be feeling it, there are so many Fish Pros around! Yamaha really dropped the ball on the fishing side of things. Having said that, even the Fish Pro is conservative in it's design. Anyway, keep inventing things that the major manufacturers have failed to do Thumbs Up