Getting a boat. Frewza F14 vs F15

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Youngfisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting a boat. Frewza F14 vs F15
    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 4:54pm
Youngfisherman View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hey guys,

Im looking at getting a first boat. Either a frewza F14 or F15 fisher model. Do you think its worth spending a extra 5k for a slightly larger boat (F15) or is it better to use that extra coin on some extras for the F14?

Also how many of you park your boat roadside?

Thanks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Keith C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 5:30pm
Keith C View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Size is always good but if you are going to be short of a regular and reliable crew, I would consider the difference in handling the launch & retrieve solo. I am over 60 & can still handle the f14 relatively easily. The extra foot in itself is not so much extra in weight but you then have to look at any additional motor (if a bigger motor chosen for the f15) and trailer weight, and any windage, depending on the style you choose.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snapper12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 9:04pm
Snapper12 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

My brother is selling his f16.Its got everything u need.
Live bait tank
Garmin fishfinder gps for deep water
Bimini
Center console
2 battery any many more stuff.
Text me 02108256334 if u want pictures of boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 8:50am
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Go the F15. It has 21cm more internal beam, you will really notice that. Only 1cm less than the F16.

Good looking little boats.

I guess keep in mind that the F14 would be happy as with a 40hp on the back whereas the F15 looks like more of a 60hp kinda boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Youngfisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 9:43pm
Gold
Gold

Wheres it located? more after a cuddy cab.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Youngfisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 9:44pm
Gold
Gold

So F15 is better value compared to the F16?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OneWayTraffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 10:50pm
OneWayTraffic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Frankly I'd go for the biggest boat you can afford to buy, afford to keep and manage to store in the garage or on the driveway. As long as you can still launch and retrieve it alone it's all good. You can always upgrade bits and pieces later, but sizing up the hull is easier done at the start. 

All that said if you give us some information with respect to budget, storage space available, where in NZ you will be going, how many people will be going on it, how many of those kids (they grow fast!) and lastly the nature of the activity (soft bait fishing, marlin trolling, tuna, kingfish, jigging, snapper, bottom fishing, diving, skiing, picnics...)

Then you might get some better targeted advice.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snapper12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 4:12pm
Snapper12 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Youngfisherman

Its located in manurewa Weymouth.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 10:29pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by OneWayTraffic OneWayTraffic wrote:

Frankly I'd go for the biggest boat you can afford to buy, afford to keep and manage to store in the garage or on the driveway. As long as you can still launch and retrieve it alone it's all good. You can always upgrade bits and pieces later, but sizing up the hull is easier done at the start. 

All that said if you give us some information with respect to budget, storage space available, where in NZ you will be going, how many people will be going on it, how many of those kids (they grow fast!) and lastly the nature of the activity (soft bait fishing, marlin trolling, tuna, kingfish, jigging, snapper, bottom fishing, diving, skiing, picnics...)

Then you might get some better targeted advice.
That’s exactly the advice I’d give ...I’ve owned same 490 stabi for almost 20 years,  with one re- power after 5k hours on the the first outboard. Buy once,  buy right, create your own fishing legacy.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rockz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 10:35am
rockz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I have a workmate who is selling his F16 with a Honda 100
PM me  if you want more info.

Boat is in Auckland.

cheers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote macka2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 7:54am
macka2012 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Give me a PM, I have a fully spec'd F14 fisher coming up for sale in about 2 months.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Baldybreeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 12:00am
Baldybreeder View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Sorry mate new here, how do I PM you about your mates Frewza F16 for sale? Cheers