Heads Up?

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 8:55pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Fishy11 Fishy11 wrote:

Originally posted by whippersnappyr whippersnappyr wrote:

The mistake you make is to assume that when something is decided by
those in power contrary to your personal view that it is some kind of
grand conspiracy when in fact its just other people with different views
and different priorities.

I think you're assuming a lot. I never stated or assumed the Motiti fishing lockout as an example was part of some big UN conspiracy. That one for instance as far as i understand was a small number of people making a lot of noise and getting their way(obviously it's more detailed, but in brief).
I simply alluded to these things being political in nature and the fact that they are happening or can happen. Hence should be able to be discussed on the forum due to them impacting ones ability to go fishing and enjoy outdoor recreation.

I hated not being able to ride my Ducati or go out on my Tristram
during the lock down.  I didn't like it, I didn't agree with it but I
was able to understand the logic behind preventing it.

Good for you if you agree with the logic. But you not going for a ride on your Ducati was your own choice unlike the boat thing where you would be prosecuted if caught.

All the other points you really need to educate yourself a bit more on and i think the majority here would agree based on their posts on this forum about the subject matter.

Newsflash fish stocks are getting dangerously depleted all over the
world.  People who want to protect them for future generations have made
a successful case in court to have changes made. You can disagree but
not a conspiracy.

Because banning fishing from a few areas while still having trawlers and longliners fishing within a stones throw of the areas will make a massive difference in the scope of things aye..... and i beg to differ on the conspiracy side of things when it comes to commercial fishing and people in government in this country. Others on this forum have discussed it in depth and it's in the media so i'm not going to harp on about it.

Tahr I personally have little knowledge but a quick
review shows the case for and against culling vs control.  Courts are
also involved here.

"i have little knowledge about a subject but i'm right and your wrong"LOL

Deer will be next.  Your personal opinion.  Forgive me for giving it a low weighting.

History shows i tend to be pretty onto with any kind of predictions i've made on this forum, unlike you. Might sound arrogant, but that's a fact, want me to start dragging up examples to make you and a few others look even more silly?Big smile

firearms legislation.  You can argue about the efficacy of any of it but
it was clearly signalled, debated and amended in the house and
legitimately became law.

This one is plain untrue. Might want to look into how the select committee process was a joke. Thousands of submissions went unread etc you are so far off on the things that have gone on with this it's not funny. The decision was already made and it's that obvious to anyone with half a clue.
Jacinda in a nutshell  - "we have to wait for the royal inquiry to come out before we discuss any shortfalls in how things were handled, how the Chch gunman was able to do what he did"
- No trouble bringing in new legislation before the report though, which if truthful will show the police f*cked up big time, which was known from day one. Speaking of i see the date for the report has been pushed out for the 4th, 5th? time, now due in November after the election is done.

Seeds and food. You seem to not understand how legislation works.
Legislation cannot be pushed behind the scenes. There is a very public
process for legislation which all citizens can view and make comment on
via their MPs or other means.

Maybe i should have elaborated a bit more what i meant by behind the scenes. - Not at the forefront, not in the media. You or I don't have a say and it's a laughable to think you do.
Act leader David Seymour has made numerous posts to social media recently detailing in depth how the government is circumventing the democratic process with much of the recent legislation being rushed through.

I just wish people like you and TTM would actually attempt a cogent
argument for your beliefs rather than just spray nonsense and inference
around like a drunken teenager in a pub toilet.

First off, don't lump me in with anyone. I don't agree with a bunch of stuff TTM posts and i don't know what of what i post he agrees with or disagrees with. We don't know each other.
I just agree with the sentiment that politics and fishing are intertwined and we should be allowed to discuss said politics on the forum.
Cogent argument? righto,  this coming from the guy that tried to argue how a vegan diet is best for humansLOL Yeah that one went well for yaWink Probably explains a lot tbh.

dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 9:38pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

wow fishing rights, master gov plans, gun control, plant based eating... put all in one ball and attack it. Probably everyone on here has a view on at least one of those..

The consensus of doctors say eat less meat....as trump says don’t let scientist facts get in the way of anything... 

The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote taurangatroutmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 6:12pm
taurangatroutmaster View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Meat is good for u
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 7:32pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

So is smoking as it releases endorphins.........sigh

The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whippersnappyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 7:39pm
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Never Wrestle with a Pig. You Both Get Dirty and the Pig Likes It
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote taurangatroutmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 9:19pm
Platinum
Platinum

Who are u referring to as a pig whippersnapper
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 11:55pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I watched the first 45 minutes of the video last night.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spin king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 8:59am
spin king View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I still can't believe it's not butter....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spin king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 9:00am
spin king View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by taurangatroutmaster taurangatroutmaster wrote:

Meat is good for u

what are your thoughts on the upcoming marijuana referendum ? I've heard green air berley greatly helps the fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote taurangatroutmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 9:54am
Platinum
Platinum

Keep it illegal, horrible stuff
Page  <12