5 Million fingered again. and again and again..

Topic Closed

Page  <1234 11>
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 4:02pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I am not keen on imprisonment but a bill for the troubles would go a long way.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 4:40pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A nephew who lives in Australia is currently working in England and if he chooses to return to Aussie he has been warned ,that he will pay his isolation upon return

https://www.odt.co.nz/star-news/star-national/govt-looks-australia-considers-charging-isolation-costs

We're seeing that Queensland is starting to [require payment] so I'm very interested in the system there - it's co-payment,"
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 5:46pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Snappa Geoff Snappa Geoff wrote:

Another clown in the same mold as the supermarket cougher. Its seems every few days  another new drama unfolds. Are we still to Laxed on the people Quarantined? Noticed also the media reports on covids  sharp increases around the world again but haven't heard if anyone is still dying where as its all we use to here about? 

Sad to say but plenty still dying in USA. I think Texas is bad, but most of the states have increasing numbers of new cases.. At least that was what they said on CNN last night.. 
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 5:55pm
Hook-it View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Set the scene for others. You (will go to jail for a month min ) if you do not care about our country/citizens and the rules /law it lays down for all. A bill for trouble caused should be mandatory. Min of ten thousand per offence. The jumped up young sprat of a women that tested the system recently needs all of that thrown at her.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 6:48pm
wayno View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Problem with imprisonment is there's likely to be minimal difference between the 4* quarantine hotel and a jail cell these days. 
Transport the feckers to Waiouru for 4 weeks hard labour instead. Might wake a few up...

To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 10:52pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sentence them to season tickets to the Warriors
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 5:37am
Coastbusters View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

It seems almost inevitable that it will reenter here at some point and we could end up with Melbourne situation here. Quarantine and managed isolation are not the same. Those without symptoms at airport controls go into managed isolation instead of quarantine (even though we now know that lots of people can have it and been symptom free) They are allowed out for walks etc in public "as long as they don't meet with others".
There are currently almost 5000 people in managed isolation. It only takes a few idiots. As we saw during lockdown, more than a few people are selfish and will break the rules.

Also, you can apply not to go into managed isolation if you have medical issues that the facility cannot cater for. 53 people were approved to skip isolation in the last week alone.

I hope we can keep a lid on it. It will come at a huge cost, but so will letting it in. We have done well so far.

https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-current-situation/covid-19-border-controls/covid-19-quarantine-and-managed-isolation-numbers
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 10:06am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

One comes to this county knowing full well you will be a now managed isolation..
One knows that the reason it to eliminate any risk of sickness to our citizens.
 Be it a Aussie who decides to come here and shoot up a few NZ citizens, or one come here and knowing infect kiwis with HIV.. imprison able offence with precedent of imprisonment sentences, or covid or any other deases... including animals plants and insects.

As to infringement on human rights etc..
Have a law that allows, no requires authorities to arrest and/or detain a person to prevent further infection of the population...
 I go for the protection of the right to a healthy and long life Of the great majority of NZs population .. not the protection of someone who threatens those lives.

The alternative to that is what?
" hey johnny has absconded from isolation, its all ok, well will wait for him to come back to his room in the next 14 days sometime so we can test him again before releasing."
Yep thats what the alternative boils down to..

Human rights? whoes theirs  or ours?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 10:33am
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I think Mr Spock said it best.  "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few ... or the one"
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 1:13pm
Dagwood View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

See we've had another one in Hamilton. Cut through a fence to get a few drinks...

It's getting out of hand. 

Unless we're going to turn every facility into a prison and pay the associated costs, we need a real deterrent for these morons who think they are above the process.

Remand them in custody until their isolation is sorted. Then court at which point guilty non citizens are deported home and guilty NZ citizens are billed with a fine and the full cost.

Feel sorry for those playing the game and feeling the anger from the country because of a few..
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 1:36pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

3000 per week at current rates. Estimate maybe 50% of those o/seas will want to return in the next yr or two. That is about 175 weeks of this.
Without return trips back or kiwis in NZ currently taking a trip o/seas in the next 3 yrs.
NOT sustainable.
Financially or resource wise.250 Police now out of the loop looking after these loonies.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 1:37pm
Clifftastic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I think he was also putting himself at risk of contracting a venereal disease wandering around Hamilton willy nilly like that...!
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 1:50pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Both the guy who went off to countdown in auckland and now the guy who cut a fence to go and buy booze,obviously had active bank accounts. In that case why are we ,the taxpayer ,paying for their 5 star hotel accomodation.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 3:04pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I read the following this morning in a Reuters article:

"New Zealand is among only a handful of countries to virtually eliminate the virus, with no known cases of community transmission in the South Pacific island nation, and the economy back to pre-pandemic normalcy."

It would appear you folk are back to normal.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 3:25pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah cause msm is always right,lol
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 3:53pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

we need a real deterrent for these morons who think they are above the process.

You have just defined these ppl "morons"  And no matter the deterrent for morons , because they are, the concept of deterrent is beyond them.. We see this in drunk driving thru to murder...

Remand them in custody until their isolation is sorted. Then court at which point guilty non citizens are deported home and guilty NZ citizens are billed with a fine and the full cost.

I saying my comment above, I still agree, some maynot be morons and deterrent may work IF an example , or a few are made....
'If example is not made with serious consequences as suggested then we just end up with repeat offenders as per say fish poaching..
 And if serious fines, deportations, imprisonment etc is not made it simply means our parliament has also not that serious when it comes to the crunch.

"New Zealand is among only a handful of countries to virtually eliminate the virus, with no known cases of community transmission in the South Pacific island nation, and the economy back to pre-pandemic normalcy."

Well yeah... sports, socially etc, But wait , there is more... the wage susisdies still have to come off.. the productivity drop will cause further unemployment.. all that still has to kick in over the next 12 months.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 4:03pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by cirrus cirrus wrote:

Both the guy who went off to countdown in auckland and now the guy who cut a fence to go and buy booze,obviously had active bank accounts. In that case why are we ,the taxpayer ,paying for their 5 star hotel accomodation.
The Hamilton absconder used cash to buy his 4 bottles of Lefee beer and a pinot noir.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 4:24pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Fish Addict Fish Addict wrote:

Yeah - but it is a weird kind of normal.
Even have o/seas experts telling us ours is the gold standard as to how to deal with it. Thanks for the compliment - would you care to donate to the cause??
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 4:42pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Alan - my comment about the NZ economy being back to normal was more tongue in cheek and aimed squarely at the garbage written by journalists.
Tourism is NZ's largest export industry contributing some 20% and that same tourism generates almost 10% in the country's GDP.  How can that be back to normal when you have no tourists.

This is an interesting read:
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 5:04pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It's clear most in this country get it....

We get that just one individual for whatever reason with Covid enters our nation and spreads this virus.

It's unusual that one small seemingly indiscretion is of such import..
If the whole world wasn't in dire straits I'd agree we are too exuberant in our vitriol.
But the facts or reality is clearly evident.
Which is why we get it.

Now we get it, or 99.9% of us do anyway.
It's not just the disease it's our pockets, it's our ability to live.

We have the best opportunity for health, wealth and mental well being that no and I mean no other nation has.

We recognise it.
We want that.
We need to fight for it.

Our politicians are more interested in politics than out welfare.

Be loud in your response, be active in your non acceptance of these indiscretions.
Don't let up on your disgust.
You are just protecting your, mine and all of our arses.

And fishy11,
I strongly disagree with your cough assessment.
You are ill informed, and have no insight to the development of this virus. I'll take time to address this later.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Page  <1234 11>