5 Million fingered again. and again and again..

Topic Closed

Page  <1 91011
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 9:16pm
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm on both sides of the fence here.
I am extremely worried about the direction nz is heading in politically..the wholesale axing of our freedoms by legislation. Stuff being rammed through parliament while we are all distracted..slow erosion of democracy..at the moment we don't have a democracy. We have no say and a government not listening.

But....for the good of the multitudes, we have to accept a temporary set of restrictions..how far these should go?, I don't have a crystal ball..
I could say I feel for those who have suffered significant losses, I'd like to think I do, but in reality it hasn't affected me so far, other than missing my late summer..I'll survive...

So, what to do..?
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 9:38pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Was this sudden level 3 justified on the basis of a family of 4 and two work places that may or may not have positive cases. Again, was it justified.?
Just read about tens of thousands of dollars of freshly ordered food dumped by the hospitality sector,cancelled bookings etc. They were given zero warning. And the govt knew well in advance..
This government is incapable of acting on a human level of individual understanding or compassion.The kindness motto is like the rattle  of an empty  tin in a dusty wind. The news dosent take you behind the scenes ,into the personal & family lives of those just hit by this latest lockdown. Lives unseen behind the doors.Years old businesses ,years of inovation,hard work hit by level 4 and now this level 3.
And the mask . During the height of the pandemic they were not compulsory or deemed necessary, even in europe. Why this sudden u turn. Dosent instill confidence. Another multitude of hurting people has begun.
The cost is huge,but unseen. Another $100 billion to be printed,announced today. And did our dollar dive against the  $ U.S since last nights announcement.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 7:19am
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cirrus - just to correct slightly. Not another $100B. Yet.
Increased the ceiling from $60B to... $100B y/day. So another $40B to throw at things.
This Govt is superb at throwing money at problems.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 7:22am
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Up to a 100 billion. 40 estra.

Dollars is good still.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 7:48am
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wish I could print money like the Govt. But if I did it I would be thrown in jail.
I would have shared some of it with you guys. promise.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 8:34am
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Alan L Alan L wrote:

Wish I could print money like the Govt. But if I did it I would be thrown in jail.
I would have shared some of it with you guys. promise.
Alan

Is that the money or the jail time you would share? Smile

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 9:04am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm on both sides of the fence here.
I am extremely worried about the direction nz is heading in politically..the wholesale axing of our freedoms by legislation. Stuff being rammed through parliament while we are all distracted..slow erosion of democracy..at the moment we don't have a democracy. We have no say and a government not listening.

But....for the good of the multitudes, we have to accept a temporary set of restrictions..how far these should go?, I don't have a crystal ball..

Or think about it like this.. We and other countries have had crisis, serious risk to populations before... be it a village being isolated in the plague, not using headlights in cars at night, war time, riots of ,52 (think it was). Full on food rations, movement . where you can work and what..
 All with very serious consiquines from getting shot on the spot to instant imprisonment.....
 Hey even giving children of striking workers some food...

And in most of the cases above.. NZ..

We have a past of not just passing laws  but enforcing in no uncertain terms to prevent further social and economoical damage.
 In retrosepect a lot where bit over board but thats not the piont... we surivived.

Now we have a serious life threading, social, economic crisis that has taken a backward turn...
 Why?
Because of a wishy washy enforcement of things critical to keeping things on a flat road.. even if means social  isolation for NZ a few yrs....
It is NOT the government or Cheif Medical officer who has put us once again into restrictions that hurt , business, economy etc.. but they have responsibility for it to happen.

So who is to blame?
Top of the list, a family (and maybe a coupe other ppl) who in spite of all the "education" please please nicy requests by Cindy...
And 2nd.. A gvernment who on one hand recogise the risks , dangers to economy, social wellbeing etc who are not prepared to seriously enforce the rules.

Hell not in Auckland... and gets to you?
Dont blame Auckland, blame the police who have been instructed, Do NOT ENFORCE THE LAW....but "educate " at the road blocks.

Personally, I sick of this damn "educate" re educate, Re Re educate" and the whole lucrative marketing advertising industry supported by it.

Break the law, do the damn time.. are we children or adults?

We have a serious health, and economic crisis either it is handled or not... A continuous enforcement by re education is BS

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 11:58am
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!,000 a day dying of the corona-19 in USA...
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 12:00pm
Hook-it View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Steps....Thumbs UpOn education /re-education it is impossible with selfish thoughtless people, they just refuse to accept.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 9:44am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Steps....Thumbs UpOn education /re-education it is impossible with selfish thoughtless people, they just refuse to accept.

exactly.. basic psychology ..ppl need a good reason to act in a certain way...even if dont believe in doing so or dont care.

And that is where Cindy has gone wrong from day one.. "please we need this.."
Well if we need (as against just want)  then we dont say please or repleated 'educate'  we enforce and enforce full on.
Allow illegal road blocks when military support is on stand by ???

Turn back about 30 vehicles of the 1000s leaving auckland??

Even someone who is serious has to question the commitment of the current government to this crisis.

And we now have an outbreak, by ppl who where ASKED "Please stay at home if not well"
So they go for a tiki tour for a few days around the country..
And we ask why???

We have security guards fall asleep, repeatedly.. The taxpayer still footing the bill for that?

A person with HIV knowingly spread the virus, regardless of method get thrown in prison...
These people...put many 1000s of NZers lives at risk, including visit a retirement home with contact...
 And when go into a retirement home you are asked how feeling, been overseas, contacted anyone from overseas.

Can this government handle a crisis ..
 If being polite, keeping ppl happy, is more important than keeping the people save and doing what is needed to be done even thu maybe unpopular..
 Then that is a huge no..
 And that also applies to post the CHCH killings. knee jerk laws and stuff.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 1:11pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Topic closed
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Page  <1 91011