5 Million fingered again. and again and again..

Topic Closed

Page  <1 891011>
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 8:23pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You know trying to be funny online is really challenging even on green tea.
Be easier when it's legal right.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 5:10pm
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 9:42pm
murrayt View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I'M BACK
Surprise surprise!!
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 9:45pm
murrayt View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

FFS.
Couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 10:46pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by murrayt murrayt wrote:

FFS.
Couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery

Have to disagree - within minutes the slammer comes down.  Overseas they fart around for days, weeks or months before any half-hearted attempt at anything.  Very clear message.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 11:07pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Have they known about this for a while.? Recent talk about masks,possible level 2. Suspicious. Do they want it here. Afterall you cant easily bring in compulsory innoculation if you dont have the virus.
Going to be lots of disappointed people out there.Those who sacrificed all for level 4 ,and now its back in the community. Many will feel mocked.

Apparantly they were re tested today. Why not on the 1 oclock broadcast. And todays earlier case was a person who came in from melbourne.
What are  they  doing bringing people in from melbourne given the crisis there. Everyone who comes across the border has contact with border staff,other passangers on the flight.
Lockdown tomorrow. More business to the wall. Imagine those getting perishable deliveries in the morning. Big losses.
This country needs to make some real decisions. Either stay locked down in fear forever,living half lives and become the hermit kingdom of the pacific. or open the borders and get on with trying to save our economy and the mental health of our people. The longer we stay isolated the less immunity we will have to covid and the new strains of flu that will develop.
We didnt isolate during the spanish flu of 1918 ,nor the 1958 pandemic and we got over them.

Very good recently released video on you tube. Excellent watch.

By Tony Heller--"-Reaching for the precious"

Outlines Swedens scientific approach to our Gollum approach.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 9:02am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bloody media sensationalism .
 Think about it..just a little.. reports dont think anymore..

...Lawyers Report Surge in Separations Due to Covid...

1/ some would have been close to it anyway
2/ the rest chances are would have happened in the not to distant future regardless.
3/ And what is left of the "Surge", bug er all

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 9:44am
Hook-it View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

What can we expect. This govt has let them in from all around the world. Even yesterday/whenever all the crim's arrived from Australia. When this first started if you were out of the country/New Zealand , tough for you Jack you do not come home until it is over.  If that takes 12 months or so your problem not mine. Just saying like.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 12:28pm
Clutch View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Exactly how I feel.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 12:37pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The indian guy that broke isolation to go to the supermarket and take selfies was +ve.
Why do we bother?
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 12:55pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wow. Was he Alan? I didn't know that. He should be in frickn jail .   Can this get any worse? Don't answer that.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 1:18pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

He is going thru the court process currently - which is where it was reported. I didn't know til then either. Was posted a day or so ago.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 2:57pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Alan L Alan L wrote:

The indian guy that broke isolation to go to the supermarket and take selfies was +ve.
Why do we bother?
Alan

You will have the new woke pc police at your door Alan.
You cannot say "Indian" or "guy" as that is racial and sexual stereotyping.
We just cannot have that. LOL
Legasea Legend Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 3:10pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sorry - the kiwi from India.
 That bloke was Covid compromised too.
That OK?
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 5:20pm
Coastbusters View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by cirrus cirrus wrote:

This country needs to make some real decisions. Either stay locked down in fear forever,living half lives and become the hermit kingdom of the pacific. or open the borders and get on with trying to save our economy and the mental health of our people. The longer we stay isolated the less immunity we will have to covid and the new strains of flu that will develop.
We didnt isolate during the spanish flu of 1918 ,nor the 1958 pandemic and we got over them.

I would like to challenge some of these points: These are entirely my opinion and how it has affected me. I realise it has affected people differently.

1. "Living half lives" - I feel like we are living lives closer to normal than anyone else around the world right now - very few day to day restrictions except overseas travel. Does everyone feel they are living a "half life?"
2. "open the borders and get on with trying to save our economy and the mental health of our people" - I can't see allowing the virus to freely spread (if we want to fully remove restrictions, this is what happens) would improve the economy or the country's mental health. Look overseas. They are not really thriving either.
3. "We didnt isolate during the spanish flu of 1918 ,nor the 1958 pandemic and we got over them." - We did not exactly come out of either of them unscathed. Our economy or mental health was not great. The world was in considerable trouble financially and health wise.

For the last few months I (and many others) have been fortunate enough to live my life largely as if Covid didn't even exist. Going to the pub, restaurant, work, mates houses etc. My kids and family have been able to go to school and work safely and without me worrying. There are not many countries around the world where people can say that. I understand that there will be people up and down the country whose lives have been forever changed for the worse or even ruined by lockdown (tourism businesses etc), but that is not limited to NZ. Places that didn't even go into lockdown have still had job losses in tourism and the service industry.
I know anecdotal evidence and comparisons don't mean a lot, and people will complain about them, but I personally know of more people in the UK who have actually died from the virus than kiwis who have lost their jobs / livelihoods as a direct result of lockdown here. I feel like we did the right thing keeping it out and are continuing to try to do that. It could all fall flat on its face, of course.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 5:49pm
Coastbusters View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

This is not directed at any one person, but just directed at the sort of complaining, grumbling culture that has sprung up in various forums (not just this one) and become the "go to":

I feel that whatever decision the government had made or does make - to lockdown or not, open the borders or shut them, quarantine or not, herd immunity etc, that the same people who are complaining now would probably be the same people who would be deriding those decisions and saying we should have done it another way.

Very few people want to celebrate or look for positives or express any other opinion than "what a load of rubbish this is.... grumble grumble " etc. It must be exhausting.

I'm a pom. But not a whinging one. Pretty much the only whinging I do is whinging about how much whinging everyone is doing!!

If you have lost your job or business because of lockdown, feel free to grumble on here. But if you haven't, don't grumble for other hypothetical people. If you are happy that you live in NZ right now, celebrate it and post. 

My list of places on earth I would rather be living right now:

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 5:50pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes - it is a rock and a hard place choice - which has been made in various leanings world wide, with more or less similar results. Sweden's economy crashed more than its neighbours who did a degree of lockdowns. The US may have the worst of both worlds - trashed health system and economy.
But our relative success comes at a cost - about $1B debt/week. That is the current borrowing rate. The Reserve Bank has just decided to increase the printed money supply from $60B to $100B. We may feel relatively secure - but it does come at a cost of borrowed money and time.
How long can that go on, and what will the final outcome be debt wise? This could be the scenario this time next year also. WHO are saying a decade long event now. I don't see vaccination any silver bullet either.
No easy answer. bad news where ever you look really. I have my theory as to what she is up to, but will hold it for now.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 5:59pm
Titanium
Titanium

Get us into debt so deep that a certain country bails us out???
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 6:27pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Tax policy that would never fly any other way - ie would never normally get elected on it.
She has indicated she is prepared to keep borrowing for the next couple of yrs.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 6:35pm
Titanium
Titanium

So it would be wise to start learning mandarin. Possibly.
Page  <1 891011>