5 Million fingered again. and again and again..

Topic Closed

Page  <1 23456 11>
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 8:51pm
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by taurangatroutmaster taurangatroutmaster wrote:

Don't worry about the virus. Worry about agenda 21 and agenda 2030 being rolled out in front of our eyes

3,2,1 and he’s back in the room. 
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 9:00pm
taurangatroutmaster View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Long time no see whippersnapper. Good to see you again buddy. I've missed ya
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 3:46pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Newstalk the other night. Announcer stated there had been 46 pages of deaths due covid- 19 in a Miami newspaper the other day... Been trying to check this, but certainly makes you think...
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 4:57pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by whippersnappyr whippersnappyr wrote:

Originally posted by Coastbusters Coastbusters wrote:

Even though I said that this disease mortality rate is potentially very high, I am still very wary of the fact that governments across the world, including ours, are using it to take away basic rights. It also worries me how quickly the public has turned into a baying mob of "send him to the gallows" or "they should all be sent to a leper island with no food", or "set up a new hunger games for anyone who didn't stay at home during lockdown" type calls for justice. I am exaggerating obviously, but that kind of thing.
I read yesterday about an English couple who have lived and worked here for years. But they are not citizens or residents. They are on work visas. They were on holiday in Bali when this kicked off and now they can't return.
People are going "screw them, send them back to England, they are not citizens" etc. But they have a life here, belongings, cars, furniture etc and nothing in England.
I think this virus has made us all forget about humanity and we are all good heaping pain or consequences on individuals without much of a thought.
It seems to me that if some Trump type put himself up for election, saying he would build a wall, keep foreigners out, send outsiders home, make tougher death sentences for more criminals,etc, that he just might get voted in! Jeez, I reckon Kim Jong- un would have a chance, the way some are talking online in social media etc.

Sounds unfortunate about the English couple but the onus is on them. When we left Australia for the USA we took the trouble to become Australian citizens.  It was always just as in insurance to make sure we could always return in case Australia made it less hospitable for kiwis in the future.  Nothing stopped the English couple getting residency in NZ

Same reasoning goes for the Kiwi/Aussie bad characters being deported.
Some have been there for 15-20 years then bleat because they have no connections here.
Go figure.
Legasea Legend Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 5:06pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

[/QUOTE]
Some have been there for 15-20 years then bleat because they have no connections here.
Go figure.
[/QUOTE]

If they can't abide by the laws of the country they elect to live in, show them the door.  No problems, agree 100%.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 5:17pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Fish Addict Fish Addict wrote:

[/QUOTE] <
Go figure.
[/QUOTE]

If they can't abide by the laws of the country they elect to live in, show them the door.  No problems, agree 100%.
[/QUOTE]

The problem I have, is these long timers learned their craft in Australia, not NZ.
Therefore NZ should not be lumbered with their rehabilitation as it was the Aussie system that educated/created them.
The point I was making is that they mostly all say the want to stay in Aussie but made no effort to become citizens.
Apparently most of them only put effort into criminal shenanigans. Some got caught, others did not and were deemed 'of bad character" due to their associations.
Unfortunately, I agree with Cindi on this one. Cry
Legasea Legend Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 5:38pm
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by v8-coupe v8-coupe wrote:

Go figure.

[/QUOTE]

The problem I have, is these long timers learned their craft in Australia, not NZ.
Therefore NZ should not be lumbered with their rehabilitation as it was the Aussie system that educated/created them.
The point I was making is that they mostly all say the want to stay in Aussie but made no effort to become citizens.
Apparently most of them only put effort into criminal shenanigans. Some got caught, others did not and were deemed 'of bad character" due to their associations.
[/QUOTE]

Bad apples don't fall far from the tree.

Life is full of choices.  Make poor choices and you will be sent packing.  Take some of your mates as well.  No problem.  
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 6:18pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by v8-coupe v8-coupe wrote:

Go figure.

[/QUOTE]

Bad apples don't fall far from the tree.

Life is full of choices.  Make poor choices and you will be sent packing.  Take some of your mates as well.  No problem.  
[/QUOTE]

I just wish NZ had the cajones to do what Aussie is doing.
Immigrant with aids convicted of deliberately spreading the disease.
Not deported after prison because he would not get the treatment he needed to survive in his home country.
Another overstayer convicted of spousal abuse many times, allowed to stay here because he cannot get dialysis in his home country.
The list is long and most are on a benefit or being a drain on our under staffed and under resourced health system. Angry
Legasea Legend Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 7:52pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

We are a stupidly soft touch in so many aspects. And our Minister of Kindness doesn't help. V8 - you forgot Stroubeck - convicted of massive drug importation then current Minister of Immigration grants him Residency?? WTF?? Public outcry. That one got overturned. Apparently he had only skimmed his long criminal record. Tui Billboard.
Aussie is closer to the mark. Then we are pleading with them to give us some of the 'asylum seekers' in detention in Aus. Aus says No. Cause they can go straight back to Aus. But Jacinda (MoKindness) keeps insisting.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 10:46pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yes I have a similar view. If you go to a country and do a crime (not just small offences aussies are using as excuses) you are showing no respect to the country that took you in. Be sent home no matter what the circumstances. 

A big issue is the “kiwis” being sent back here are born in Australia with little links to nz. Some say openly they hate NZ don’t know anyone or have family here. 

A plus for the honest kiwi suffering from the new criminals and paying for their punishment if caught is we don’t have to watch American crime tv shows to see all these new gangs. We can just go to the pub.

Jacinda full on burnt ScoMo (Aussie PM) on TV here in Aussie. Ran rings around him with facts and verbally smashed him on the news ...he looked a right plonker as had no comeback... 

It actually prompted a redneck Ignorent long time radio DJ here (like Hoskings) to abuse her on his radio show. To huge public uproar and large sponsors canceled their funding!!! The old bugger was forced to apologise and finished his career not long after....

No one F#@ks with NZs PM....she is ADORED globally, and put NZ on the map for being just and fair (their words) ...the amount of times when someone’s finds out I’m a kiwi they quickly say how lucky we are and awesome she is and they would swap with their countries leaders in a flash.

I always say...well she has let our fisheries commercial abuse continue and our rivers be heavily polluted though she promised she would fix Nationals enormous environmental damage. 

Can’t have everything I guess....
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 11:47pm
Fishy11 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Reel Deal Reel Deal wrote:

A big issue is the “kiwis” being sent back here are born in Australia with little links to nz. Some say openly they hate NZ don’t know anyone or have family here.

Dunno about that, pretty sure being born in Australia makes you an Australian citizen except in a small amount of complicated circumstances. Most of the ones being sent back are residents of Australia but NZ citizens. They aren't sending a whole heap of Australian citizens to NZ because of crimes committed in Aus.
Commit crimes in a country you're not a citizen of don't be surprised when you get sent back to where you came from, end of story.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 12:41am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The citizen right in Australia changed,I think in 2000.We were residents only for taxation purposes.When NO2 was born he got a Aussie birth certificate but had to get a NZ passport and then we had to apply for NZ citizenship for him.Bit of a mess but can see where to Aussies were coming from.
Stops people arriving,having a baby or 2 then demanding benefits etc as those babies would be classed as citizens.Think NZ woke up to the fact as well,not sure.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 7:40am
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

pretty sure if you are born in Aus it doesn’t make you a citizen.  Unlike the USA

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 9:34am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bottom line, Aussie , like most countries will expel non citizens if play up..
For get length time whatever.. sure there is give a heart a rub thing, but at the end of the day..
 When in Rome do as the Romans.. or get feed to the lions.

My problem with this is why in the hell dont we have the same thing?
A non citizen, thats a person on residency , visa , play up get convicted of a crime that has more than 1yr sentence.. note that doesnt mean they the are convicted for a yr, just the crime has more than 1yr. They are gone.
If they didnt think about their families here , jobs etc  it is their call...

Rather than criticise Aussie policy we should be looking at their example and doing the same.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 10:14am
Fishy11 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Exactly Steps. Don't know how that is so hard for others on here to grasp. The pricks should be grateful Aussie isn't like a bunch of other countries in the world who aren't so nice when it comes to human rights or lack of.

Just to touch on the citizenship thing, you are correct in a sense PJC. Obviously if you are born in Aus but are only going  to be there a month or something and your parents are NZ citizens you will also be a NZ citizen. That's not  the norm for most of the ones being sent back though. Most were born in NZ, grew up as kids here then moved to Aus sometime in their life either as a minor or in early adulthood. Yes they may have been in Aus for 10, 20 years etc and have kids, end of the day they are still NZ citizens.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 10:19am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Fishy11 you are quite right. I stand corrected on that part. Thanks 
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 11:45am
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Not disagreeing about the Citizenship thing above - but we did/have a rort going on in NZ. Pregnant women have been arriving in NZ a month or two before birth date on visitor visa, and give birth here. Pretty sure they get NZ passport to travel back. US was a common user of this loophole. That means the kid can grow up with a NZ passport and move here sometime later then bring their ageing parents over.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 4:23pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Fishy11 Fishy11 wrote:

Exactly Steps. Don't know how that is so hard for others on here to grasp. The pricks should be grateful Aussie isn't like a bunch of other countries in the world who aren't so nice when it comes to human rights or lack of.

Just to touch on the citizenship thing, you are correct in a sense PJC. Obviously if you are born in Aus but are only going  to be there a month or something and your parents are NZ citizens you will also be a NZ citizen. That's not  the norm for most of the ones being sent back though. Most were born in NZ, grew up as kids here then moved to Aus sometime in their life either as a minor or in early adulthood. Yes they may have been in Aus for 10, 20 years etc and have kids, end of the day they are still NZ citizens.
The birth part changed in 2000,we were there 3yrs,but we still got the stay at home mums benefit,That is one benefit that should be paid in NZ. If one parent working and one stays home to look after children until school age you got a payment.Back then it was like $280 pw.
Nz citizens doing the crime in Aussie.serve time over there and then deported no problem we do it with some pacific islands.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 6:49pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

"Nz citizens doing the crime in Aussie.serve time over there and then deported no problem we do it with some pacific island"

It seems we have exempted more than deported. On humanitarian grounds. The kids are in school here. Wife would have to follow, blah blah. Medical grounds - won't get their dialysis there. We have exempted some shockers - rape, wife beating. Do the crime - face the time and penalties. Unless you live in this country.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 7:59pm
Platinum
Platinum

[/QUOTE] ... we were there 3yrs,but we still got the stay at home mums benefit.  That is one benefit that should be paid in NZ. If one parent working and one stays home to look after children until school age you got a payment.  Back then it was like $280 pw....
[/QUOTE]

And that right there is one payment I have never been able to justify.  Why should the tax payers pay a weekly  allowance to a parent who has elected to have children rather than work.  Parenting is a lifestyle choice.  If you want children fine, but why should others pay for the choice you have made.  
Page  <1 23456 11>