5 Million fingered again. and again and again..

Topic Closed

Page  123 11>
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5 Million fingered again. and again and again..
    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 4:40pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

So yet again our efforts are undermined by mindless individuals, on both sides.

Look at Australia and there new knightmare.

Every part of this chain of control is not under control.
I for one find this ridiculous, we've been lucky so far but with these failures I can't believe our luck will last, can you.

Our carrots are whittled and saggy, this is a time for big watties and no excuses.
Minimise returnees, this is a moral challenge but an imperative for our economy and health.
Tough love I think is a modern term decades ago.

If you want to control the environment, and only in this situation, I believe it's necessary. Then get it nailed.

That's my frustrated and alarmed view anyway.

What's yours.

M
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 4:48pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Agree
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 4:54pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cheers Muppet.
I'm going to change the intro.
Sorry.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 5:22pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The person was a selfish moronic twit that displayed the true selfish side of human nature.
Returning from India?
Suspect they are a resident not a citizen.
If a resident, residency cancelled and deported back to their country of origin.
It is about time our leaders grew some cajones and showed this kind of behaviour will not be tolerated.
Not just with regards to Covid either.
This is not the first time someone has walked out of isolation.
Some were even released by officials without having a test.
You are correct MATTOO we have been extremely lucky.
Good luck rather than a lot of good management.
However that cannot and will not last.
The bureaucrats have being playing a good game in front of the media, however behind the curtains they are having a shocker with many dropped balls/passes.
Worried now, wait until Cindi crumbles under the pressure and allows for the resumption of international flights and do not forget there is an election coming so she will want to be all things to all people.
Legasea Legend Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 6:21pm
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

We dont know if we are lucky yet. How do you know that F..kwit hasnt contaminated someone in the supermarket?
This is unfortunately where things start falling down.... Its like we have gone full circle and once again we are relying on peoples good will to do the right thing and quarantine correctly.
Dear I say it. Its only a matter of time before we have community transmission. Question is what happens then?....   
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 6:31pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

She will bring in the death tax

And welcome in Covid most likely.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 6:42pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Schampy Schampy wrote:

We dont know if we are lucky yet. How do you know that F..kwit hasnt contaminated someone in the supermarket?
This is unfortunately where things start falling down.... Its like we have gone full circle and once again we are relying on peoples good will to do the right thing and quarantine correctly.
Dear I say it. Its only a matter of time before we have community transmission. Question is what happens then?....   
He wore a mask but where did he go for 70minutes??they can account for 20 minutes  and Countdown chose to close and do a deep clean,who is paying??
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 6:53pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It is unacceptable - obviously. But we seem intent on playing a game we can't control, and can't afford. It costs about $4k to bring each of these people over the border. No limitations or restrictions. All borne by 2-3 M taxpayers. Approx 1m 'kiwis' still o/seas. All free to return, at our expense. 0.5M in Aus - living the dream - until the Aus Govt won't support them .And as soon as they arrive, qualify for a range of welfare assistance. It is totally unaffordable. Could go on for a year or more. Behind them a long line of people with work visas with no jobs. Our Minister of Kindness is doing the country no favours. As soon as our debts come home to roost and things pick up o/seas, they are first to flee.
For those who say - they are kiwis - what else would you do......
Charge them at the border - full cost recovery. Why should NZ taxpayers pay their costs - many haven't been in NZ for years. Student debts..pay up before asking the taxpayer to front again for you.
Stand down periods before going on the taxpayer funded welfare - use your own funds first. 
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 6:55pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Agree Alan
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 7:02pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

They are going to prosecute him to the maximum. However I find it ludicrous that the security guards do not have the power to stop anyone in quarantine from leaving their hotel... Nuts... 
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 7:22pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

He walked around the supermarket taking selfie’s which he would have emailed to his other FWT mates. He needs to be quarantined in mount Eden for a year. Six months of $4000.00 rubbish
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 7:33pm
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

It really is a balancing act though... go full Auschwitz and its civil rights violations etc.

Im Guessing alot of hotels are only just now ramping up there security because of public scrutiny. Some 19 yo hotel intern isn't gonna be policing hundreds of people on a daily basis.
Could be worse.... aussie  hotel security staff have been knocking boots with quarantined patrons.  

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 8:13pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Another clown in the same mold as the supermarket cougher. Its seems every few days  another new drama unfolds. Are we still to Laxed on the people Quarantined? Noticed also the media reports on covids  sharp increases around the world again but haven't heard if anyone is still dying where as its all we use to here about? 
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 9:02pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah I think there is a don't care attitude in most of the world. Which will eventually get here in the end.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 9:04pm
Clutch View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Agree with you Alan.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 9:15pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Snappa Geoff Snappa Geoff wrote:

... Noticed also the media reports on covids  sharp increases around the world again but haven't heard if anyone is still dying where as its all we use to here about? 

People are still dying Geoff. A site I looked at indicated that from 1 July to 7 July inclusive there were 1,381,800 new infections globally. Over the same period 32,410 died from Covid-19. That equates to a death rate of 2.35% of new infections. There are many different ways to interpret the stats but that gives you a ball park idea.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 9:31pm
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

the guy was an idiot (my guess tinder hookup) but the risk of any major issue is low. No one has been infected by someone else in a supermarket even when we had cases in the community. 

As long as we catch these outliers and aggressively contact trace we’ll be ok.

Interesting that globally as cases still soaring hospitalisation and deaths aren’t. Lots of young people testing positive but no indication of any major increase in morbidity and mortality as a result. See the serious cases chart below

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 9:31am
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 9:46am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Suspect they are a resident not a citizen.
If a resident, residency cancelled and deported back to their country of origin.
It is about time our leaders grew some cajones and showed this kind of behaviour will not be tolerated.
Not just with regards to Covid either.

Thumbs Up

It really is a balancing act though... go full Auschwitz and its civil rights violations etc.

Really? here we have the whole social structure, the health and the economy on a knife edge
and its a Balancing act??
 We must put the 'rights of idiots with no respect to the rest of Kiwis  1st?
  Really?

Citizen.. imprisonment
 Resident, residendcy canceled and imprisonment till re repatriated.
 No Family discretion etc.
 This is the welfare... no lives, of our Citizens, their social well being and economic life blood of this country..
Risk that , espec as a just a resident  in that means that person doesn't really have enough respect of NZ or its people to stay.

Once again , what the hell is Jacinda up to.. her Well being of citizens and Country... or just wants to put everything at risk  so she can be seen as  nice person for future UN appointments?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 1:19pm
Fishy11 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Steps, i don't disagree with you about the incompetence of this government and also the very likely ulterior motives of the PM (only have to read any of my previous posts on this topicLOL) But what i think is being missed here is this - Should we really be so eager to give up more of our rights because of government blunders? We've already lost a heap of legal rights in this country over the past 6 months that we will never get back and that most New Zealanders don't even realize has actually happened.
Basically the government stuffs up at the border or whatever, which screws us all i agree. But then we should be screwed over even more in the long run by supporting more policy and legislation that infringes on our human rights from the same government who screwed us over in the first place.
We already have a government who has legislated warrantless searches being an ok thing. A government who's top policemen threaten 250,000 law abiding firearm licence holders with imprisonment if they don't hand in their guns. Then in the next breath sit down and have a cup of tea with the leaders of the two biggest criminal gangs in NZ.

Advocating for the imprisonment of people with a glorified cold is a dangerous path to be going down. Before someone gets offended by me calling it that just remember more people die in NZ each year from the common flu/colds we normally get every year. Should we have also been imprisoning anyone with those viruses all this time....
All i'm saying is be careful what you wish for NZ, this country is going down a slippery slope and a lot of people are being had right now.

Page  123 11>