Kiwii Zone

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kiwii Zone
    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 5:26pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

How happy are you to live in Godzone as it was known ,but don't want my statue pulled down.

As time progresses in this environment.
Can you think of a better place to be hunking down.
Not that we are hunking down.
Cos we are free as......

Well if compared to anywhere in the world.

If you enjoy our 4.99 million response and scary half arsed lucky as response.
You'll have to be stoked.

We are lucky .
Cos there's a few of us a minute percentage who don't get the plan.
Lynching could be a new sport for a few nonncomplyiers.

But ignoring that and a plefera of other tripe as Fred Dagg would say
"We don't know how lucky we are".

This is with all its foibles a great place to live

However, watch out The impending explosion in our population, we may not get a day card to fish.

Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 7:28pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Yeah agree 100%. I'm not a big traveler but have spent time in HK, USA (NY & LA), Australia, England, Sweden and Singapore. All nice places to visit but no way would I want to spend more than a few weeks in any of those places.

I see NZ as pedaling backwards very fast but still way ahead of anywhere else.

Let me qualify that by stating that it is our 'free' outdoor activities such as fishing & hunting that makes this place special. Of course the people too. 

I'm very proud to be a kiwi
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 10:36pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Interesting thoughts. Have thought similar,and wondered. That we can still freely go out for a fish,and actually catch fish is a huge plus. You can do that elsewhere as well but the fishing is much harder, more restricted. Still Plenty of positives for N.Z. Still plenty of people with good values, attitudes, and hearts in the right place.
Remember used to stay at a small village toward the end of Lantau island,H.K. On the Eastern side looking out over the south china sea. Water test very clean. At low tide could dig out a few shellfish ,as big as Toheroa,toss them on the barby along with danish steak,finish with tree ripened lychees just picked. Could i live there. Once,maybe, but not now.

There are many other places i could possibly live. But for now a base here with option to travel makes sense .
Smudge,you talk about peddling backwards very fast. What do you see as happening. Think many see or sense that. But where will it end, or will it end. Its hard to define.
Not too long ago,finland ,between helsinki and espoo, came across a marina. No one around. There were around 200 pleasure boats moored to the pontoons. All had motors ,open cabins ,fishing gear and other items on them for all to see.. There was no security and yet all was intact. Could you do that here.? 
Mattoo. What do you see as the impending explosion in our population.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 10:28am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Still good, but for how long? The climate is seriously unfriendly towards hunters and shooters. Freshwater fishing is under threat from pollution and the impending collapse of F&G. Management of the saltwater fisheries is an ongoing issue. I can't complain about the rod and line fishing, but crayfish are becoming a rarity in my own backyard.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 10:52am
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

We have by small increments lost a lot of trout water - to privatisation of fishing rights.
In our area (HB) I estimate about 30% gone.
And as MB says above. We are slowly but surely loosing much of what we value of the country. It will be a different world for the next Gen - but many wont know what they have lost. 
I have a meeting with MPI in an hr or so - laying down my thoughts on our fishery and their management of it. I'm sure it wont do much, but sitting back doing nothing is an even poorer option.
Alan 
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (4) Likes(4)   Quote Hook-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 11:38am
Hook-it View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Do not succumb to being part of the silent majority. 
Let your voice be heard, do not be afraid of what others may think. 
If we let the rot set in like South Africa, Zimbabwe,and now happening in the USA, NZ as we know it will no longer exist. 
A small majority shall be in control and sweep with them all those that believe the small majority may be right. We are still a great little country but are losing our freedom silently taken away by stealth. 
Why, because none of use like to rock the boat, get over that part real quick  
Guard your right to use the coast and freedom to fish within, to use our back country with minimal restrictions. 
Do not go along with the rot of ' we were here first this is ours " that is garbage we live in the twenty first century. Sacrifice nothing that is of value to you.

How happy to live in 'Godzone as it was known';used to be very good but our rights are being eroded. To pull anything apart/ remove in NZ is not part of going forward at all and those that are in power that let it happen under their watch need removing from power.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 11:47am
Muzzfishing View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well said Hook it, the world and little NZ is a changing place.
    A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 1:53pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Hook-it Hook-it wrote:

Do not succumb to being part of the silent majority. 
Let your voice be heard, do not be afraid of what others may think. 
If we let the rot set in like South Africa, Zimbabwe,and now happening in the USA, NZ as we know it will no longer exist. 
A small majority shall be in control and sweep with them all those that believe the small majority may be right. We are still a great little country but are losing our freedom silently taken away by stealth. 
Why, because none of use like to rock the boat, get over that part real quick  
Guard your right to use the coast and freedom to fish within, to use our back country with minimal restrictions. 
Do not go along with the rot of ' we were here first this is ours " that is garbage we live in the twenty first century. Sacrifice nothing that is of value to you.

How happy to live in 'Godzone as it was known';used to be very good but our rights are being eroded. To pull anything apart/ remove in NZ is not part of going forward at all and those that are in power that let it happen under their watch need removing from power.

You can't state facts these days without being labeled. Equality will be a thing of the past soon.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hook-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 5:06pm
Hook-it View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Fish- feeder,for good men to do nothing for fear of being labeled, then I would say, they need to adjust their thinking. If you believe strongly about  something fear nothing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 6:08pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah the world is changing alright.

Personally I would love to withhold my tax. Since the debt being racked up will be paid by those who earn. I wonder if enough people got onboard if it would make a difference in attitude from our politicians and fellow citizens.

That is my worry the country is heading down a fiscal black hole unless they are reined in.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hook-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 6:20pm
Hook-it View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Unfortunately, Debt will always be paid by those that earn. problem creating scum bags pay nothing .. The Govt welcomes your contribution.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 6:28pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well that is my thing Hook It. So much tax is wasted, mass none tax payment would be an ultimate protest.
They can keep the street protests for the SJWs we just click a few buttons and give them the middle finger.