Snaps to 20 lb plus, New Boat...Mokau

Post Options Post Options   Likes (4) Likes(4)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snaps to 20 lb plus, New Boat...Mokau
    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 8:35am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi all, Fishing reports drop off over the winter months, had another good morning on Thursday, something different worth a post! Had Mark down from Hamilton to chase a big winter Snap in his boat as conditions were Flat. Night before my neighbours Kevin and Pam rang to see if we were keen on Maiden Voyage with them over the Bar on there big 8.5 metre American boat. We agreed and off the four of us wentBig smileBeing big and heavy with twin outboards it ate the Bar up! Decided to go South where my Brother and I have been getting good Snaps in the Mac. Lined up a few land Marks and down went the Pick. Shortly after we were catching nice 2-3 kg snaps and Kahawai on our Sabikis. With Straylines set it wasn't long before the bigger fish Sniffed them out! I was first to hook up a good fish 7 odd kgs. Kevin a 5 kg then myself another. Marks Straylines a little quiet until a screamer of a runThumbs Up  he played in a beaut winter Snap! was 80.5 long, didn't weigh but well over the 20 lb.Best Snap of the Day Mark was rapt! Another hour of this sort of action, our bin was overflowing so went back in three hours early, home by lunchtime for cleanup. Few pics of a Great morning, Marks Snap& measure, Pammy holding Marks Snap and a kill shot. Beer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 9:18am
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Awesome GeoffClap
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 11:28am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Cool, Must have been a luxury trip for this time of year Big smile
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 12:39pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Catchelot Catchelot wrote:

Awesome GeoffClap
Thanks Catchelot!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 12:46pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Cool, Must have been a luxury trip for this time of year Big smile
Hi Smudge your not wrong thereLOL This thing was like fishing from someones lounge, the amount of room, the high sides and comfort. Next trip out in it will post some boat pics. Beer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Transformations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 3:05pm
Transformations View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

You have spoilt them for life Geoff , good to see some blood on that new deck👍

We don't know what we don't need till we've got it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 5:32pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

......and they have spoiled you too, Geoff.
Still the fishing is good👍
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 6:01pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice one, Geoff. Good to have a touch of luxury now and then, but you take the magic and skill with you no matter what craft you're on.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 6:10am
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

wow great catch - boat sounds like a beast!
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 9:33am
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Shot Geoff

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sea reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 8:05pm
sea reason View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Good effort Geoff,luxury but nice this time of the year.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 11:26pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great catch Geoff.  All good size fish as well, inspiring to see. Nothing like a bit of lounge fishing every now and then.Smile Seeing those fish reminds me of our old west coast welly days in the old double end 16 foot kauri clinker.
The boat i learned to fish from. Fond memories . Always big snapper then, always stray lines.
Wonder what that fishery is like now.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 6:55am
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by cirrus cirrus wrote:

Great catch Geoff.  All good size fish as well, inspiring to see. Nothing like a bit of lounge fishing every now and then.Smile Seeing those fish reminds me of our old west coast welly days in the old double end 16 foot kauri clinker.
The boat i learned to fish from. Fond memories . Always big snapper then, always stray lines.
Wonder what that fishery is like now.
Thanks for Replies GuysThumbs Up Remember you Talking about your Kauri clinker days before cirrus! Don't know much on the Welly snapper, but further up the coast off Whanganui plenty of good fish there.