Grunter Hunter 2020

Page  123>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (6) Likes(6)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grunter Hunter 2020
    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 6:28pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I'm getting a lot of questions about this event. One of my favourites. That's because I started it and asked my late mate John Moran, THE Gurnard Guru to help me run in it. Pretty soon we had a good thing going. I now have a team helping me including Skoti & another 5 or 6 CSFC committee members. I couldn't do this event without their help.

More importantly I couldn't do it without the support of those who fish the event & I have to say it is very well supported by you forum guys. Very, very well.

The Grunter Hunter is usually run in March or June and anyone can fish it. Tickets are $30 for an adult & $15 for those who are under 16 on the day of the event. Keep it affordable Smudge!

Here's the clincher though, the young people compete for the same prize pool as the adults.

We run it out of Te Toro which is 15km north of Waiuku and every year the numbers have built and last year we had 427 anglers. The winner took away $3000.

This year things have changed. We're very aware that businesses are hurting therefore people will suffer as a result.

We are moving with the times and will not be asking our sponsors to dig deep. We will be running it as a sweepstake event with 75% of ticket sales going into the prize pool. The rest goes towards a couple of spot prizes. They will be good prizes btw Big smile

Will the club make money from it? No

Will the club make a loss? Hopefully not!

Will you enjoy it? Ask Kitno, Snapper Geoff, Alex Recurve, Baitcatcher, Arron, Skoti, Skunk, Wayno, Zukman and a heap more from here. Too many beers in to mention everyone.

So it's on. It's going to be June 21 providing we get a date next Monday from the Prime Minister that has us going to Level One before the comp. It will

Details on where to get tickets will be published here once the PM has made the announcement. Really good of her to shoe horn the county's recovery around the Grunter Hunter. Maybe she could send along to check it out?

Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 6:38pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

See you on the 21st
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 6:41pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by kitno kitno wrote:

See you on the 21st

Awesome man, be good to share a fizzy drink again.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FlawOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 7:08pm
FlawOne View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Was wondering when this would come up, You can count me in too!
Inner City Slayers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 7:10pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by FlawOne FlawOne wrote:

Was wondering when this would come up, You can count me in too!

As always Flaw One! Best of luck
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 7:14pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well bugger me.I now have a boat and so Hmm yeah /nah  ok see you on the 21st
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 7:23pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by pjc pjc wrote:

Well bugger me.I now have a boat and so Hmm yeah /nah  ok see you on the 21st

Be good to share a beer Paul. You have as much chance as me of catching the winner!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wayno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 8:11pm
wayno View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

YESSS!
The announcement I was hoping for.
All going well I'll be back up this year.

Great work, Cheers Smudge  Big smileBig smileBig smileBeerBeerClapClap

To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 8:34pm
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Meeee tooooo
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 8:50pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great work getting a date smudges team.
Yip be making it work someway or another!
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 5:20pm
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Might have got the gurnard gear out... Fingers xed the big boss lady gives us the thumbs up👍👍
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 5:31pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Wefaknis Wefaknis wrote:

Might have got the gurnard gear out... Fingers xed the big boss lady gives us the thumbs up👍👍

Too much pressure from NZ's gurnard fishermen for her not to Wefaknis
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 5:40pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Full steam ahead now "smudge"??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 5:58pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Smudge, does Olfart - Grant Scrimgeour still frequent the club, comp and this site??
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 7:54pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Yes full steam ahead. No Olfart hasn't visited us here for 2 years but I keep in touch with him on facebook. I think he misses fishing, he was never a CSFC member and I don't remember if he fished the Grunter Hunter but i think he did
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 8:44pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Here are the rules:

COUNTIES SPORT FISHING CLUB                                             2020 FRANKLIN HUNTING & FISHING GRUNTER HUNTER

JUNE21 2020      BBQ      RAFFLES     LUCKY DRAW      Prizes on a Sweepstake basis – to 10th place

ADULTS  $30                                                                                                                 JUNIORS  $15

PRIZE CATEGORIES: HEAVIEST GURNARD TO 10TH Place & Average Weight

All communications via CH5 or ph 021654741

Only Red Gurnard will be eligible for the 2020 Franklin Hunting & Fishing Grunter Hunter Competition

Anglers must present their tickets to the Weighmaster to be eligible for prizes even if not weighing a fish

All fish must be caught on a rod & reel

Fishing starts 12.01am Sunday June 21

Weigh in opens at 2.30pm. Anglers must be in the weigh in queue by 4.00pm June 21 – no exceptions

Anglers may fish the Manukau Harbour or the West Coast from Raglan North Head to Kaipara South Head

Spot prize and drawn prize winners must be present to claim prizes

Juniors must be UNDER 16 years old on June 21

Only one gurnard may be weighed per angler. If two fish the same weight are weighed then the first of those fish weighed will be deemed to be the heaviest

There will be no alcohol sales at the venue

All weighed fish will be marked at weigh in by having a fin clipped or other method of identification

Safety is every skipper’s responsibility.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 8:45pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Tickets will be on sale by around midday at Fraklin H&F - ring firstor from CSFC website
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 8:07pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Tickets will be on sale at Franklin H&F from Thursday this week. Tickets are also available on line here: https://csfc.co.nz/ Click on Register for CSFC and follow that link
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 6:24pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Tickets on sale now On Line at CSFC.co.nzand at Franklin Hunting & Fishing - the big shop. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 7:19pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Tickets on sale now On Line at CSFC.co.nzand at Franklin Hunting & Fishing - the big shop. 
will get them next thursday x 2,
Page  123>