inner habour waitemata

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lingee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: inner habour waitemata
    Posted: 22 May 2020 at 12:34pm
lingee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

thinking of a fish up around kauri point area saturday due to the easterly.any up dates,would like to hear.cheers guys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 4:32pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I went through there the other day. Some sign.
Some on eastern side of bridge.
A few boats fishing there the next day.

I believe clutch was out there last weekendish.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 10:49pm
Clutch View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah Lingee , I took home 2 pannies from there. 

Caught undersized before that then better bites 90 minutes before....and up to the high tide.

And I had moved to shallower water near the entrance to the Whau channel
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lingee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 4:14am
lingee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

cheers guys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 7:11am
RockCrashing View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Went yesterday, late start after outgoing tide, fish between Kendall Bay & Moela.
Little slow to start, all changed when the incoming start running. Nice snapper 56-62, big Kahawai and suprise to me... a blue cod.
Good luck ;)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote taurangatroutmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 10:01am
taurangatroutmaster View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Plenty of fish but they are residents that are here now in the habour. I gave up eating winter waitamata fish after one to many that literally tasted like feces. Can only assume it's from hanging around sewage outflows year round. I only eat snapper from the habour in spring and summer and only the bright pink fish not the darker ones as they are more likely to be residents.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BananaBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 1:51pm
BananaBoat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

RockCrashing
nice report mate, were you in the shallows by whau inlet...what baits

I was out last week off meola, missed the bite on the incoming by the red pole on the reef itself in my kayak = skunked
saw a few boats hanging around the channel marker & yellow buoy, also eastern side top of meola
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 7:50am
RockCrashing View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by BananaBoat BananaBoat wrote:

RockCrashing
nice report mate, were you in the shallows by whau inlet...what baits

I was out last week off meola, missed the bite on the incoming by the red pole on the reef itself in my kayak = skunked
saw a few boats hanging around the channel marker & yellow buoy, also eastern side top of meola

Hi BB, not much of a fishing report, more like ... the fish still coming to the harbour Shocked
For bait i've used piper, mackerel on 4/0, 8/0 flasher rig, both work very well, not much luck on softbait & kabura. 

My wife got her PB Kahawai on this trip, she pull them like a champ LOL 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 2:19pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

You anchor with the Minn-Kota then - they're great for that.