Cape Reinga off limits

Page  <1 4567>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 10:12pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Reel Deal Reel Deal wrote:

Ok.
Not a budding archeologist, historian, geniealogist etc then, got itđź‘Ť
Others people are doesn’t make it wrong for them. Each to their own

History is what it is, cant be changed, 100% worth being respected.Would be cool to know the truth and be settled fairly (get your peice of the pie and make of it what you will). then we all could move on as equal people. Will that happen? ever? doubt it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whippersnappyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 11:14pm
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Seems some of you were going at this  6 years ago

The link below from which I have posted a small excerpt eviscerates the theories promulgated by some of for the racist conspiracy theories they are. 

Unlike your claims it supports its arguments with references to actual evidence that anyone can examine for themselves. 

The most devastating evidence against the claim of ancient non-Polynesian settlement comes from DNA testing. The article you have published claims that the ancestors of the Maori slaughtered the male Celts who had settled this country and then raped their women, and that present-day Maori therefore have some of the blood of the ancient Celts. 

In recent years a series of scholars have run DNA tests on Maori, in an effort to trace their ancestry. These tests confirm that Maori are a Polynesian people, and that Polynesians have their origins in coastal Asia thousands of years ago. In 2005 a team from Victoria University was able to establish an ancient connection between Maori and one of the indigenous peoples of Taiwan: both groups have the same rare gene marker for coping with alcohol. (12) If Maori really were part-Celtic, then the connection would show up in DNA tests. It doesn’t.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 11:26pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I think most taxpayers are keen for a put up /(pay) up than that’s it we are all equal. Will only swollow that pill so many times. Don’t know how to solve this without violence after that
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 11:30pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The old why can’t we all be equal cry. From a white dude. Just to keep it clear.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 11:45pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Downtown Downtown wrote:

The old why can’t we all be equal cry. From a white dude. Just to keep it clear.

Pretty sure that works both ways Downtown
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 11:47pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Wouldn’t want it any other way. Settled is all I ask.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 11:49pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Please.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote taurangatroutmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 12:08am
taurangatroutmaster View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

We are all equal, anyone who thinks otherwise thinks to highly of themselves. Finding our true history is interesting, if we have been lied to about it I don't want to know their story's. I want to know what actually happened.i think everyone is entitled to know the truth. If they have lied to us on a scale this big then once again I ask how can anyone possibly trust anything they say or do
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 12:36am
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

You are dead right if anyone has been ripped off stake you claim for a one off payment then we move on. Don’t worry labour will be around for a minute so you may get to double dip.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 5:24am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Now back to topic.On TVNZ news tonight they said the gates will be open next weekend after the blessing ceromony."Shane Jones" being maori is not backing them and said something about B/s surrounding the covid spirits to hurry up and go
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 6:22am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Jones should be there opening the gate now.
Only good for spending other peoples money that one.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote taurangatroutmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 9:38am
taurangatroutmaster View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Next week is not good enough. Who else can do illegal things then just say oh we just guna keep doing it for another week. These 2 sets of laws for different people is getting ridiculous
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 1:21pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by whippersnappyr whippersnappyr wrote:

Originally posted by v8-coupe v8-coupe wrote:

Originally posted by fish-feeder fish-feeder wrote:

Originally posted by v8-coupe v8-coupe wrote:

Originally posted by Big -Dave Big -Dave wrote:

i believe the normal mortality rate in  nz is about 100 per day
we lost 20 odd people to covid
thats one fifth of an average day..

and those spirits need the roads cleared so they can complete their journey?

this is bollocks 

We are supposed to be a secular country.
However as time goes on, Christianity and other long time religions that helped build the social fabric of the country are being actively targeted for removal, ancient and irrelevant Maori spiritual values, practices and beliefs are being pushed to the fore in their place.
Our children are being indoctrinated in them.
Try applying for a Government job and see the importance placed on the fraudulent belief the Treaty is a partnership document.
This is having an ever greater affect on peoples lives as we are being forced to abide by or consult (read pay) if we want to develop or improve our own properties or just go fishing, walk the coast or enter the bush.
Unfortunately this racism/separatism will and is going to get worse as it is actively being promoted by both local and central Government.

True,try finding a book at the library from the 60s or earlier about people being here pre Maori,you might get lucky. I was told alot of the old stories by a few 2 families,and was interested in anything they had to say. I won't bother going into them unless I'm asked,and won't get the ban hammer dropped on me.

V8,what do you think the govts main objective is? ,I'm just curious,I can't see this ending well fir anyone that loves NZ.

Forty odd years ago when I was a lot younger in Wellington, an elderly gentleman of Maori descent told me the oral traditions from his Rohe/Iwi and a couple of those included the assertion that there was already a race/culture here when the first Maori arrived.
Waka blond is a term that springs to mind???
Why would he lie?
The other story he told me was the meaning of Aotearoa.
It is not the name for all of New Zealand, Maori never had a name for the entire group of Islands, it is the name given by lower North Island tribes to the land viewed across the straight.
That is, the South Island and when viewed it frequently had a long white cloud hovering over it.
Again, why would he lie?
New Zealand is the only name that incorporates all of the Islands within our country.
However, even that is no longer acceptable to the politically correct, culturally sensitive, bleeding heart liberals.

According to Wikipedia Aotearoa has become to mean all of NZ for over 120 years. It originally referred to the North island only

Mmmmm.
Wikipedia?
Thanks Whippers, I think I will stay with the horses mouth so to speak.
Cheers.
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 4:45pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Is the grand opening tomorrow?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote corosanta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 5:03pm
corosanta View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Who cares?
Sitndrinkntalknbullman
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pompey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 5:34pm
pompey View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by corosanta corosanta wrote:

Who cares?

I do. I am interested to know if I'm prevented from travelling by a road block if it's lawful or not. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 6:03pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yep I care.
What it means for that part of the country if this sort of carry on keeps up.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 6:14pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

"who cares" ...wow . I'm sure alot care. Slow drip.....steady flow.... . I know you care corosanta.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 6:23pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Yeah I care not that I'm likely to need that access, it's the ramifications I'm concerned about
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CrayZfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 6:29pm
CrayZfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I care. I also am still trying to work out today's developments in my tired brain. Did anyone see news of the head hunters mass gathering in Dunedin during lockdown 50 people no social distancing. Police just rolled over and allowed the whole thing. Stuart nash had nothing to say when asked. Wow https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12335386
Why choose either diving or fishing when you can do both. Besides crayfish tail is very good bait!!
Page  <1 4567>