Marine deals, unsafe shop.

Page  <123
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 4:10pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Yeah I don't understand stressing out over this.
250 complaints to police, pathetic.

We should be getting our old freedoms back without the fuss.

Oh and zero again today.

Zero cases won't last long with schools open again,and idiots having parties. I think a slow drip herd immunity may be the only way we can return to semi normal. This virus ain't going away. Vaccines are a hail Mary. Anyone that thinks we have stamped it out is lieing to themselves.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 4:21pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The only ones that matter are the clusters.

The last case was a toddler of one the Rosewood cluster. Hardly a raver.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 4:33pm
Titanium
Titanium

Yep,the kid got it from somewhere I'd assume. "Linked to" doesn't mean that's where it was picked up,and if he did get it at the rest home,it had to have been contracted after level 2 was enacted,so that's 4 days from contracting it, showing symptoms,then being tested positive. Possible but it's a stretch I think. Like the 2 Marist kids testing negative weeks ago then suddenly testing positive while in level 3. It either lays dormant or people are socializing under lockdown.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 4:37pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Or the test is 74% reliable.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 5:10pm
Titanium
Titanium

Which takes us back to.....the numbers don't mean a whole lot. What about when there was a shortage of nasal pharyngeal tests and they were using throat swabs. Did they retest the negative throat swab tested patients with the pharyngeal tests,as the throat swabs were way less accurate? I doubt it. "Active cases" ....attributed to what method of testing? Guarantee there's people out there that had/have it and didn't get tested,or showed negative,that's a given.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 5:15pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

We will see as I have said all along.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 5:25pm
Titanium
Titanium

I agree muppet,we will see. I hope.im.totally wrong on where this is heading,and will be happy to be proven so.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote taurangatroutmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 5:34pm
taurangatroutmaster View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

We.l b ok. Nothing to see here
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Brad76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 7:20pm
Brad76 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Just wear a hazmat suit and you will be fine.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishful Thinking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 7:30pm
Fishful Thinking View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yes, we will see, but if we just respect the math, just a little bit longer, the view being better increases in probability. Two weeks of being respectful is minor compared to basic training and off to WW1 with a jovial attitude. Then mud mud **** and blood.

The challenge of our generation and it has as many fails as the old School C.
PhD: Pool Hall Diploma
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Clifftastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 8:28am
Clifftastic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great summation of the situation

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote reel crayze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 8:48am
reel crayze View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

That interview is a crock of ****... watch the bastard squirm at 3.16 when he says " the over whelming majority would of died a bit later  but not much later anyway"  ... Have a think about that.. what he is actually saying is WE ARE PREPARED TO SACRIFICE THOSE LIVES A BIT EARLIER...  a bit like the colonel telling the guys in the trenches charge fellas and we will see what happens, while the colonel stays nicely tucked up in his chateau way behind his own lines drinking port. Stuck up pompus prick.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clifftastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 9:14am
Clifftastic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

LOLI didnt get that at all.....it sounds like you know each other - what did he do to you...!

Haha, but yes, I thoroughly enjoyed this interview. Not all of it - as you pointed out, he was a bit squirmy here and there. But the sentiment of - social distancing should be voluntary, not mandatory. Stay home if you are worried, shop online. Don't imprison the nation. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Hook-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 9:33am
Hook-it View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Lord Sumption . Well after watching vid we were spoken to by a very intelligent person in my mind. No problem with what he said at all. He at no time squirmed, as has been said, he just put thought into his answers. The lady interviewer was typical of her profession. You can figure that one out. 
We are all entitled to our opinions that is mine. Enjoy life .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 9:45am
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Point he seems to be making ,is, are the majority of covid deaths people who died from covid or with covid. As in italy a large majority of deaths were people with serious underlying multiple health conditions.

Voluntary self isolation.So people who choose not to isolate or impose social distancing as a matter of free choice.
In theory sounds democratic, self responsibly,but these people may be living with others and could pass infection on to people with underlying health conditions who have by choice chosen to self isolate.
As with anything infectious it goes beyond ones personal choice.

On the other hand,locking healthy people up,and the ensuing conditions such as depression,unemployment,bankruptcy ,suicide and the economic destruction we are about to see on the horizon may well outweigh the benefits of any lockdown.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote whippersnappyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 4:04pm
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

It doesn’t really matter. Excess deaths are excess deaths. 50,000 more dead than expected. Clearly related to COVID and it doesn’t matter what comorbidities they had as we already know the virus is more deadly to those with poor health so citing what’s on the death certificate is just being disingenuous.

Other studies in Italy have shown the same pattern. Excess deaths with a very strong correlation with the covid outbreak.

You have to assume that the excess of death would be far higher without a lockdown.

This is quite different to the rest of his argument which is correct. Now that the curve has been squashed, health system capability enhanced and most critically contact tracing beefed up we will now just have to live with the virus.

That is why I and others supported a 4 week lockdown in NZ but argued the move to 3 and 2 was too slow. So we ended up doing further unnecessary economic damage.

Now we just need to get on with life and even if there is a spike in cases suck it up as there is no possibility of going back into lockdown. There would be riots in the streets.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 5:04pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well said agree
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 8:32am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The challenge of our generation and it has as many fails as the old School C.

I still have my old school Cert papers plus the yrs leading up to the end yr exam.
Few yrs back gave them to a group of 1st and 2nd yr Uni students.. maths  physics, chemistry , English...
 They did didnt quite know the age group for SC  (15 yrs)

Every one of them thought they papers where way too hard, and at levels above them.. one of them Duxed intermediate  and streamed collage

Then showed them some UE papers..!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tortise01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 10:39am
Tortise01 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I went to Marine Deals 12 May to collect my purchases and they had all the necessary parameters in place for non-contact collections.
Very informative signage in the parking areas as well.

Page  <123