Marine deals, unsafe shop.

Page  <123>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 1:32pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by taurangatroutmaster taurangatroutmaster wrote:

No point complaining, it's like that everywhere. Social distancing is complete bollucks just like this "virus" why would people who know this abide by pointless rules? You could always stay hiding at home if it genuinely worrys u. As for hand sanitizer, I haven't used that once since this started. It kills all the bacteria, good and bad. That's not good, how do u think natural immunity happens? I never get sick

For a long time their have been some warnings about anti bacterial soaps as doing just that.
Killing of both good and bad bacteria and thus lowering natural immune function. After all it is only our immune system that stands between us and infection.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 4:36pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by fish-feeder fish-feeder wrote:

Yeah I read about that. Multiple strains around means vaccines won't work. If the virus mutates faster as it gets around,what will be the norm? Forced vaccines every few months as immunity wears off,tracing apps,not vaccinated then you can't go out into public?

Viruses mutate - its what they do.  Normal, nothign unusual.  that's why the flu vaccine needs a tweak each year.  I suspect in due course there will be an annual autumn flu/covid vaccine for those that want it. (The rest can drink bleach if they like)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 4:48pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah I know virii mutate,that's my point. Do you make a vaccine for each variation,or just throw the dice and make one for the most common strain and hope it only needs a few tweaks. The flu vaccine is usually made to fight the previous years strain,this virus has mutated to the point where there are many mutations,even the WHO said it may take 5 yrs to get on top of it....or.it mutates to a less dangerous variant that we have to learn to live with.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 5:57pm
puff View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

What annoys me about this post, is that the original poster has gone radio silent.
If you are worried about infection don’t go out, it’s still level 2 not as it was 6months ago...
Who knows when we a will ever be at level safe to do what you like.
To whine and complain about a business is just being a bit of a Richard.
Who knows what ever be normal, this thing could be around for years and we just have to deal with it...
Not complaining about others, but trying to see what you can do personally to help out...
If you need to stay home, stay home, but let others get on with making a living... be that as safe as they think fit...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 6:19pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That is the crux of the issue.
This is being sold to us as the "new normal".

Well kids are back at school tomorrow lets see if they obey lmao.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 6:31pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

That is the crux of the issue.
This is being sold to us as the "new normal".

Well kids are back at school tomorrow lets see if they obey lmao.

My kids 12 and 13 are not going back to school. I had them at home 2wks before lockdown. A group of kids is a Petri dish at school,2m speration...tui. what did anyone's doctor say after taking their kid back multiple times for a long lasting cough? "It's a virus,it will go.away,not.alot we can do.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (4) Likes(4)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 6:51pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I would rather live with the germs than live with fear. Getting ridiculous.

My boy will be back tomorrow and as far as I know all his class. Will be a restart for him.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (5) Likes(5)   Quote wayno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 7:31pm
wayno View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Grown men jumping at their own shadows...
What next?

Sorry to be a bit blunt, but WTF is the world coming to these days?
We're being told that there are "only" 45 people (out of 5 million) currently confirmed with the virus, but yet we all (5 million of us...) must hide from each other because we will die if someone looks at us funny or touches us while passing in a shop???

Seriously?...

I have written a bunch of thoughts about this whole thing but have decided not to post it as it's even more blunt that what I've put here.
I really think "we" as a collective need to get a grip. How many people in this country have died from cancer in the last 8 weeks? How many have died from alcohol related illnesses? How many have died from non-prescription drugs?
How many have died from the corona virus Covid-19?

Think about it....

To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 7:35pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by puff puff wrote:

What annoys me about this post, is that the original poster has gone radio silent.
If you are worried about infection don’t go out, it’s still level 2 not as it was 6months ago...
Who knows what ever be normal, this thing could be around for years and we just have to deal with it...
Not complaining about others, but trying to see what you can do personally to help out...
If you need to stay home, stay home, but let others get on with making a living... be that as safe as they think fit...

Well there has been a fair bit of abuse on the responses, so why should he/she respond?

FFS, all we are asked to do is keep a metre away, spaced out (not in that sense).  Is that really too much to ask?  This ****er is very contagious and persistent.  It is in NZ society and we have to keep the ****er down.  kill it off.  Just stay the **** apart, eh?  Is it really a biggie?

Sorry for bad ****ing language, but I really do not understand the attitude of some people.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (5) Likes(5)   Quote doctor fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 7:49pm
doctor fish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

There is no community transmission, this whole thing has been based on fear.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 7:55pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by doctor fish doctor fish wrote:

There is no community transmission, this whole thing has been based on fear.

Bollocks.  "This whole thing" has been based on lockdown, distancing and bubbles.  Thats how we got here.  You try living through this in UK or US like two of my kids.

So f ucking easy to whinge on about conspiracy this and conspiracy that and all a load of bollocks, but its not: its deadly.  We have dodged a bullet here, so lets keep dodging.

Or just moaning and whingng if you prefer - your call
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 8:02pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The original post was just moaning and whinging. I think as a whole the people have done well obeying the rules throughout this. It’s at the point now where we start heading back to normal. You do always have the option of staying in isolation.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brett12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 8:33pm
brett12 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by wayno wayno wrote:

Grown men jumping at their own shadows...
What next?

Sorry to be a bit blunt, but WTF is the world coming to these days?
We're being told that there are "only" 45 people (out of 5 million) currently confirmed with the virus, but yet we all (5 million of us...) must hide from each other because we will die if someone looks at us funny or touches us while passing in a shop???

Seriously?...

I have written a bunch of thoughts about this whole thing but have decided not to post it as it's even more blunt that what I've put here.
I really think "we" as a collective need to get a grip. How many people in this country have died from cancer in the last 8 weeks? How many have died from alcohol related illnesses? How many have died from non-prescription drugs?
How many have died from the corona virus Covid-19?

Think about it....

You are the one who needs to think about it if you can.
Cancer, alcohol and prescription drugs are not contagious, a virus is.
Enough said.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 8:49pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Dont think we can be complacent about this virus. So little is known about it. It is new. I for one will continue to avoid crowded places.
No one knows if it is present in the community. Could be many showing symptoms and not getting tested ,thinking it is something else. The all getting together again, schools opening, will show if it is present during the next few weeks.
Time to get on with life and use common sense. Its not hard.
Worst thing people can do is live in fear. Fear causes stress. Stress weakens the immune system A weakened immune system makes us more likely to get sick. Fishing is the best remedy, or out doors,in the sun, in nature, excercise, equals healthy compared to being locked up indoors most of the time.
While back a newspaper here said 80,000 + could die from covid 19 in nz.
That scared everyone,stressed everyone. Not good. No apology has been made for that fake news.
Winter is coming . They say covid 19 does best in cool temperatures.
Winter is also flu season. So the social distancing,washing ,hands,avoiding crowds etc is also possibly a way to avoid flu. Last year 250,000 caught flu & 500 people died from it in NZ. No one closed the borders, or closed about 80% of business,told us to social distance,wash hands etc. The flu hardly made the media.Would there have been less flu if we knew what we know now and practiced what we know now.
Now is a good time to stay active. Maybe get some good suppliments. 1000mg vit C, 1000 icu vit D3, and magnesium citrate. daily. Supposed to boost immune system ,sets us up for winter.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 9:19pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

They are a lot more relaxed in hospital now. Cautious but more normal.

If you are not comfortable go elsewhere.

The whole point of the extreme lockdown should have been getting back to everyday life without the finger pointing ASAP.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Fishful Thinking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 9:42pm
Fishful Thinking View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Taking sensible precautions, respecting the risk to yourself and others and "knocking the barstard off" is not paranoia, it is common sense. Unfortunately the need for many is "Just let me do what I do, now! F U, I own the footpath, isle, rules, the sand on the beach." Myopic dicks.

Support local businesses, local businesses - make an effort to respect the support and show people you will keep them as safe as possible.

It is a shame 50% of the people are below average in respecting the circumstance. 

We are seeing dickheads in all walks of life and social status at present, and heroes in all as well. Just suck up being a bit disciplined for a bit longer.

Hell, if we had been locked down a bit longer we could have been close to eliminating STDs as well.     
PhD: Pool Hall Diploma
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clifftastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 10:02pm
Clifftastic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I have enjoyed taking the kids out to shops, for dinner, hugging friends, fishing (and catching!) and just returning to normal. The only thing abnormal is people who still believe social distancing is the new way to live. Good luck with that.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 12:01am
puff View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by brmbrm brmbrm wrote:

Originally posted by puff puff wrote:

Well there has been a fair bit of abuse on the responses, so why should he/she respond?

FFS, all we are asked to do is keep a metre away, spaced out (not in that sense).  Is that really too much to ask?  This ****er is very contagious and persistent.  It is in NZ society and we have to keep the ****er down.  kill it off.  Just stay the **** apart, eh?  Is it really a biggie?

Sorry for bad ****ing language, but I really do not understand the attitude of some people.

Best to reread original post and especially the title of post...
You’re right, to quote “ I don’t understand the attitude of some people “ how ironic...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote taurangatroutmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 9:05am
taurangatroutmaster View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Settle down brmbrm u seem to have anger issues. Can I recommend a good councillor? This kind of stress is not good for u
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 3:46pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah I don't understand stressing out over this.
250 complaints to police, pathetic.

We should be getting our old freedoms back without the fuss.

Oh and zero again today.
Page  <123>