Marine deals, unsafe shop.

Page  123>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marine deals, unsafe shop.
    Posted: 16 May 2020 at 6:54pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Went to marine deals today,
Long time shopper.

Very unsafe environment.
The best tool was an undescript hand sanitizer.

No rules, no parameters no safe management.

Didn't bother all the shoppers except me.

Had to enforce my own space.

Staff management disappointing.

Going to lose my patronage unless I see big changes.

Stick to online but discourage in shop environment.

Very disappointing.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 7:02pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah, I went down the road to get some timber for a job. Doing pretty good keeping away from everyone. But just as I was turning to get back in the car, one of the yard workers gave me a pat on the back.  Bugger..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 7:13pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Haha yeah it is tough keeping the distances indoors.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 7:16pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I hope you fed that back to them Mattoo.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 7:16pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Muppet,
I would say respectfully.
It's a peace of piss to give safe service and have safe self imposed distances.

Anything else is a sad excuse.of behaviour of all parties.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote REIVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 7:25pm
REIVER View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I decided to work at a kiwifruit packhouse to stave off lvl 4 boredom. What a shambles! I think they got 2/1 metres apart confused with 1/2 metres apart. I put in 2 incident reports and refused to work until they could assure my safety. I went back and did another day but no change in process and practices so I left. I was told 'We get the distance right 80% of the time'. That, I thought is enough to kill me. My life is worth more than$18.90 an hour, but a lot of people are not in a position to complain because of ignorance or desperation.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 7:41pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by REIVER REIVER wrote:

I decided to work at a kiwifruit packhouse to stave off lvl 4 boredom. What a shambles! I think they got 2/1 metres apart confused with 1/2 metres apart. I put in 2 incident reports and refused to work until they could assure my safety. I went back and did another day but no change in process and practices so I left. I was told 'We get the distance right 80% of the time'. That, I thought is enough to kill me. My life is worth more than$18.90 an hour, but a lot of people are not in a position to complain because of ignorance or desperation.

Good on you Reiver. Not many prepared to put their money where their mouth is,
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 7:53pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by MATTOO MATTOO wrote:

Muppet,

You should worry about takeaways, coffees, touching anything in public / shops in that case.

It is not sad behavior it is people being normal. What is sad is the fact people getting in a knot about it. Call the fun police if it was that bad.

I don't know how the economy is going to function in these circumstances.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 8:16pm
puff View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

If you’re that anal don’t leave home...
Sounds like you need to stay in doors for a lot longer.
I’m guessing high risk group...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (8) Likes(8)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 9:43pm
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Originally posted by MATTOO MATTOO wrote:

Muppet,

You should worry about takeaways, coffees, touching anything in public / shops in that case.

It is not sad behavior it is people being normal. What is sad is the fact people getting in a knot about it. Call the fun police if it was that bad.

I don't know how the economy is going to function in these circumstances.

Not about to say that the Covid 19situation wasn't something to be ignored but I believe the government & media has turned many in our society paranoid and this paranoia will continue for sometime. How on earth did you all cope with all the other germs we have floating around in communities, we didn't see the same level of health compliance when we were faced with the SARS epidemic/pandemic but dont worry aunty taxcinda will be happy to keep you at home on paid leave.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote terrafish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 10:32pm
terrafish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

You will be fine.

Just remember to remove your PPE in the correct procedure.

Your own bottle of hand sanitizer from a known reputable manufacturer, that you have ready, will overcome any shortfalls in any store supplied product.

If you didn't have any of these.....

Then who are you to be calling anyone irresponsible...…

And if you are at risk, as in compromised or "in the zone".....

Then why were you out?

Everyone is trying their best, so if you don't like it, then there is nothing stopping anyone from retaining their iso.

Just saying

Part time Devils Advocate, Fulltime procrastinator
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Transformations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 11:09pm
Transformations View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

And as an extra safety precaution take all purchases as far from land as necessary and expose to sea air and salt water for extended periods of time. This should relieve all symptoms of cabin fever and withdrawal....this will certainly require multiple applications of abovementioned treatment.

We don't know what we don't need till we've got it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bricker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 8:01am
bricker View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Interesting to hear that!!

A friend works in the industry.......was 'promoted' to Health & Safety Officer for a BoP packhouse when Level 4 arrived. After 48 hours and several warnings to management.....she quit as the distancing was, in her words, a 'joke'!! Sad to see a major contributor to our economy taking this so lightly when they have been largely unaffected in financial terms........the harvest is progressing and the containers still leaving our shores. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bricker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 8:02am
bricker View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Mmmmmm....the above post was in response to Reiver's kiwifruit one!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote REIVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 8:07am
REIVER View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by bricker bricker wrote:

Mmmmmm....the above post was in response to Reiver's kiwifruit one!!!

Yes amazing. I work quite a bit in forestry and these guys are light years behind our industry. To be fair they had pretty good processes out front in the office, but behind that door in the actual workplace it was business as usual. Unbelievable really. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 9:53am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bottom liner thu, it comes down to staff  and customers themselves.

Can put all the rules in place but at the end of the day it become individual responsibility to  'put that safety gear on correctly'
And a lot of that is leadership at the top.. very top
 And the whole causal attitude of so many is simply because of leadership.
 A leadership that didnt not make how serious all this was from the very start..
" oh very pleased how NZers are doing with this..." pat on the head BS when we all know different.
If the leadership had thought this thru, human nature logger term etc  It would not just had activated military on stand by , but actually put them on the streets ,road blocks to support police in L4.
 Come L3 the population would have had a totally different mindset.
 Come L2 even more.
 Dont blame companies , even to some extent NZers...
It all comes back to the leadership at the very top.

She has a degree in communication, but understanding of long term motivation.. zilch.
And dont believe Bridges would be any better.... If anything worse.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote taurangatroutmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 10:53am
taurangatroutmaster View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

No point complaining, it's like that everywhere. Social distancing is complete bollucks just like this "virus" why would people who know this abide by pointless rules? You could always stay hiding at home if it genuinely worrys u. As for hand sanitizer, I haven't used that once since this started. It kills all the bacteria, good and bad. That's not good, how do u think natural immunity happens? I never get sick
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 11:01am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by taurangatroutmaster taurangatroutmaster wrote:

No point complaining, it's like that everywhere. Social distancing is complete bollucks just like this "virus" why would people who know this abide by pointless rules? You could always stay hiding at home if it genuinely worrys u. As for hand sanitizer, I haven't used that once since this started. It kills all the bacteria, good and bad. That's not good, how do u think natural immunity happens? I never get sick
For once TTM you are correct.With all this sanitising going on when one does get in to the public contact who knows what viruses we will get as being isolated and sanitised.
Hence why you let babies etc eat dirt and snails and things builds up the immunity system.

We know where the clusters are and hopefully self isolating,as long as borders remain closed the risk should of passed,but the unknown  part maybe those who contracted and cleared will they get a relapse when the cold air bites in.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 12:47pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Apparently some of the aircraft carrier crew (US) holed up in Guam with Wuflu are now on their 2nd time around with the infection.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 1:05pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah I read about that. Multiple strains around means vaccines won't work. If the virus mutates faster as it gets around,what will be the norm? Forced vaccines every few months as immunity wears off,tracing apps,not vaccinated then you can't go out into public?
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Page  123>