Lost torpedo and shorething at Karioitahi today.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote macrayfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lost torpedo and shorething at Karioitahi today.
    Posted: 10 May 2020 at 4:35pm
macrayfish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Big reward to the person who finds my Seahorse torpedo and attached Shorething, lost 4 kms south of Karioitahi at midday today, (10/05/2020). 

My name and ph. number are etched on the prop guard of the torpedo.

Seems the mainline had a weak spot and snapped when I went to winch it in. 
Be advised: Check your mainlines regularly for nicks and frays. West coast gives gear a hammering over time, and I've paid the price I'm afraid.    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 5:21pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Macrayfish. I'll put up a post on Counties sport fishing club and local Waiuku community pages on FB for you. Good luck!
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 6:07pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wow that sucks man. I know a few that torpedo fish down there so I'll put the word out. Are you really sure the mainline had a weak point? It could have been barnacles on a log,there's tons down that end of the beach. Sounds like you were by the huts on the hill. Good luck.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Got-ya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 8:55pm
Got-ya View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Will keep an eye out
THERE ARE TWO KINDS OF FISHERMAN, THOSE WHO FISH FOR SPORT AND THOSE THAT CATCH SOMETHING.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 3:11pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I have it posted on the local FB and Counties pages but not found yet
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote macrayfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 3:18pm
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by fish-feeder fish-feeder wrote:

Wow that sucks man. I know a few that torpedo fish down there so I'll put the word out. Are you really sure the mainline had a weak point? It could have been barnacles on a log,there's tons down that end of the beach. Sounds like you were by the huts on the hill. Good luck.

Mate, that's exactly where I was - right opposite the big house. Come to think of it, it might have been barnacles. The line had some fraying leading up to the break, (I felt this through my hands as I was feeding it on the winch), but the break was not clean like a knife would make. The end was sort of squashed like it had been pressed against something. So who knows.

But now for the good news!!!!!:

"Gotafew" rang me not an hour ago to say he and a fellow fisher had been out this morning and the fellow fisher had snagged my drifting mainline with his and managed to winched my entire rig back to shore.
So all good, and one very happy, and grateful fisho has seen fellow fisher rewarded for his efforts. 

Many thanks mate.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 3:29pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

So good to hear you got it all back. In future don't fish by the huts or that house. I usually fish a km or 2 further along,or just to the right of the carpark,just past the second stream.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 3:37pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Max, Another guy has all your line wound onto his reel, he needs your number so hopefully you can pick up the mono today
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote macrayfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 5:28pm
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by fish-feeder fish-feeder wrote:

So good to hear you got it all back. In future don't fish by the huts or that house. I usually fish a km or 2 further along,or just to the right of the carpark,just past the second stream.

But surely the barnacle encrusted logs don't stay at that location all the time do they? 
Or do you mean there is foul ground on the sea bed?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 3:18pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I was just about to post up that hopefully heading that way from the river if can get a couple crew together for Thursday arvo for a feed.
 Swell down wind in the east...
 Everyone is or has gone back to work...
 PM nme if interested