FC 635 vs Surtees 610

Page  <1 234
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 10:43am
Muzzfishing View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi Jake not wanting to drag up the past, how did you get on with your boat testing.
    A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 2:16pm
jakepitsville View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Never got anywhere with it. Been stuck in the far north. Tried to organize a frewza 21 test but no one was able or willing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 11:04am
Coutta View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Since my last post lock down has finished, the charging issue in the motor has been rectified and I've had my FC 535 CC out in some pretty crappy seas. All I can say is that I was surprised how a boat that size handled the seas and kept me dry. To tell the truth I havent had a good look at the welds underneath and don't really care as long as they stay together. Having said all this, I'm getting a bit long in the tooth and looks don't bother me. I've got a Lab cross for a gun dog. She's not as pretty as a pure bred with a pedigree and she wasn't anywhere near as expensive. Does the job as well if not better though.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sposman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 6:46pm
sposman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I've only got the F18, have heard the F21 is a good boat, but for offshore work I've only been in a 7.5 westcoaster and an osprey, we've driven past extremes and surtees over the manukau bar making hard work of it, those two hulls are awesome
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 9:29pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

pretty hard to hear ospery is as good as a westcoatster across a bar,  but take your word for it. Maybe in following sea coming in would be as good or better,  but surely not going out.
Page  <1 234