Level 3 Land Based Auckland

Page  <123
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote taurangatroutmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 10:27pm
taurangatroutmaster View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I've had words with Asians scraping rocks of the little mussels to. Thrown more than a few buckets of under size snapper back in to. I don't tolerate that. If they don't understand English and put them back then no second chance I put them back myself
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Far Quirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 6:00pm
Far Quirk View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Ordered a surfcasting set this morning: rod reel, line, leader, beach spike, floats, rigs with floats, breakaway sinkers.  Can't wait to get out there and try it out!  I'm mainly a boat fisherman, but there are days when having a surfcasting set will be the difference between climbing the walls and that sweet sound of water lapping, and hopefully, reel screaming.
Far Quirk - I'm goin' fishn!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Far Quirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 10:43am
Far Quirk View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Saturday 9/5/20  6:15 to 9:15 am
Another session at Waikowai on the Manukau harbour.  Got there in the dark, and the tide was just starting to flow in.  Used squid, salted mullet and pillies, but apart from baby nibbles, no hookups nada.  Red weed was fouling the hooks so that may have been a factor.  About half a dozen others joined in about 7:30am but no-one got bites.  I left at 9:15.  Also tried tossing out some spinners but no interest in those either.

Great weather, no wind, beautiful dawn, shame about the fushin.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clifftastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 6:32pm
Clifftastic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Afternoon fish off the rocks in between Takapuna and Milford. 5 of us using squid and pilchards. Fished the first 3hrs of the incoming. Apart from one hook up to a shark...no major takes...quite a few others rod fishing, but no one catching. Was a lovely evening though.

Saw one outboard boat coming back in to Taka Ramp....we thought it might be Clarke with a special pass....Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 10:09pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Caught a few Kahawai with the kids down the beach yesterday. Seems plenty around

Drove down the Thames coast today and we usually try guess how many rods we may see between Wilson’s bay and Thames. On a high tide in good conditions we usually see about 50 but today even at low tide it was in excess of 100. There were people fishing everywhere!
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Far Quirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 11:31pm
Far Quirk View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Frustrated boat fishoes like me, dusting off their surfcasting gear.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Transformations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 7:31am
Transformations View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Saturday, Jenkins bay, Manukau.Tried for a few hours at sundown, last of the outgoing. Salted trevally, squid, softbait and assorted lures. Missed one decent bite on the squid otherwise nada. 4 other guys along same area...they also got nothing. Seems to be an experience shared by many yesterday. Still, good to get out and enjoy being at the water😉
We don't know what we don't need till we've got it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 9:20am
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Alot  of people fishing off the the Torpedo bay warf here in Devonport at night.
Didnt bother getting up close but they had a generator and lights set up.
I assumed they would be targeting squid?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Far Quirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 2:51pm
Far Quirk View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Quick reports

Tues 12/5/20  5 to 7pm
Bucklands Beach off the low rocks at the northern end.  Surfcasted with pillies and squid for nada.  The guy next to me got a few snapper.

Weds 13/5/20 4:30 to 6pm
Last of the outgoing tide, same spot.  Even slower than the previous evening.  Didn't see anyone else catching.  The new surfcasting rod & reel improved my casting distance, but still need to practice.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Far Quirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 12:23pm
Far Quirk View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Sunday 31/5/20  8 to 9:45am

Back to the Orakei wharf for the start of the incoming tide.  Tried squid, pilchard and salted mackerel for zilch, not even a bite.  Another guy got a small KY, returned.  An old Chinese guy caught about a dozen piper while I was there, so next time, I might try that.
Page  <123