Lock down fish of the day challenge .

Page  <12345 32>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Xtoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 9:09am
Xtoad View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

What’s the number for today?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 11:51am
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Justanotherspearo takes it out with a 3 vote margin over the other efforts , great story too . Well done mate Clap

Next number announced soon .

COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 11:59am
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

And today's number is .....

COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 12:31pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

A few years back we did some trips to the 3 kings on a mates bridgedecker.
Great times and mindblowing fishing.
One morning we had an awesome session feeding cube baits to marauding trevs, my favorite fish to catch ..fullstop.
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 12:49pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

#15 I don't fish much in Whangarei Harbour despite living in Parua Bay. One morning, I decided to give it a go with advice from fishing.net members. Last cast of the morning produced the goods Smile  

Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 12:52pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have a #15 - my numbers started there and randomly forward - figuring people may run out of stuff to post around #24.
This fish pic is not the greatest - but does have a story.
Caught this guy just before Xmas - in the area that 30 yrs ago was the go - to for puka. You just needed a rod, some bait and wait. Good sized puka. Long gone now. Wiped out. If I get 1 per yr, doing well. Was very surprised when I pulled this guy up (around 12 kg I think) - I was stuck on the bottom for a while - light gear - fishing for terries.  I had about a 20lb trace and caught it on a 2/0 hook, so couldn't put too much pressure on. My mate on the boat fishes here as much and as long as me. He tried all summer for one - no luck. Not many days you come back with more than expected.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (4) Likes(4)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 1:50pm
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

For many years a standard xmas prezzie to my dad was a trip on the charter boat Diversity , of course I had to join him to make sure he didn't get into any trouble LOL
I got this nice snapper on a livebait on the last charter dad and I had in 2016 .

COVID is no joke !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (4) Likes(4)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 1:54pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I am one of the organisers of a gurnard only fishing competition - The Grunter Hunter. It's quite popular with a few forum members. With $3000 1st prize I make sure I get plenty of practice in before the event. I caught this fish a week or two before last years comp. From memory it was around 1.3kg. Buggered if I can get a fish that size on the day of the competition though Big smile
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 4:52pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Would like to get into this..
 Still need to load up a few picks.
Damn still busy just doing stuff around home..
Thats a stupid thing to say  "...around home"
 Is there anther place we can do things right now?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 6:02pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I want one like that Smudge awesome.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 7:41pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 7:45pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Slightly outside of rangi channel.. clear day but positioned myself on yak between islands so not give away the transit marks .. taste no good so released it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 7:57pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Shaneg - I am ignorant - looks cool - but what is it?
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 8:08pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Roosterfish Alan native to Sth America very cool and great fight. Just to appease smudge and monster beast gurnard he displayed.. here’s photo of average catch for me most weekends off bays winter. Dan I‘m not putting my gurnard catch number up for fear of you venturing into home waters but is quite high in relation to your overall take. Only take what I need mind you... do love eating them though.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote FlawOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 9:49pm
FlawOne View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Amazing what you can catch from a Yak especially when your on the barrier. Managed this guy from the weed lines at Haratonga beach. There was quite a bit of swell running that day and in my amateur way managed a total turtle back on the beach.

Inner City Slayers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 10:47pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by shaneg shaneg wrote:

Roosterfish Alan native to Sth America very cool and great fight. Just to appease smudge and monster beast gurnard he displayed.. here’s photo of average catch for me most weekends off bays winter. Dan I‘m not putting my gurnard catch number up for fear of you venturing into home waters but is quite high in relation to your overall take. Only take what I need mind you... do love eating them though.

Nice work Shaneg. It's surprising how many you can get when you target them eh
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 11:26am
Coastbusters View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hey, I have created a website with some fun fishing challenges / games on during the lockdown. It also has some funny pics and content, along with weather, wind conditions and COVID 19 updates.
Some things don't display perfectly on a phone. It works better on a computer.
You can also email me your videos (address on the website) and I will post them up too.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 11:46am
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Looks like yesterdays winner with 4 likes and a great carrot is Smudge ClapClapClap
Well done , you have won a trip for two to Te Toro , enjoy Big smile
COVID is no joke !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 12:00pm
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Today's number .

COVID is no joke !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 12:17pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A four day tramp around Lake Waikaremoana with a vague plan to catch a trout. They weren't very obliging, but I managed one fish after dark on a spinner. It was pretty exciting!

Page  <12345 32>