Lock down fish of the day challenge .

Page  <1234 32>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 8:19pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FlawOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 8:44pm
FlawOne View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

One of the first of many fishing trips for me and my best mate and we even succeded in catching this lit'l cray off the rocks at Whatipu.

Inner City Slayers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 9:29pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Muppet - I am envious. I think you wrote about this previously. I keep thinking there must be more around - but I am lucky to catch 1 per yr.
Not quite sure I get the plan and folder bit, and have few pics of me with fish - mainly fishing solo. But I like the stories with the pics. Doesn't have to be the size of the fish to be the most memorable. Can I add one - that has a good story - not my fish.
Alan 
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 8:07am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You need to have a livie down Alan and ideally near the baitfish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 9:16am
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

You need to have a livie down Alan and ideally near the baitfish.
tried that -lots.
Anyway - I have sorted a handful of pics - not many with me. Fishing solo mostly - bit hard to take pic too. But picked ones with a story.
Just have to wait for the numbers to come up. Pleased with myself. Computer and I don't get on too well - not first name terms anyway. I have many names for it.
Do we vote on y/days pics today?
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 9:54am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I think it's best to vote the following day. I posted my vote then Muppet puts up all those Johnnies!Big smile
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 10:56am
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ok so you need to get your pics up before midnight .
The voting can be made up to 11.45 the next day by any forum member even if they are not participating .
You do not have to put a pic up every day .
COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 11:45am
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Looks like there is a clear winner for yesterdays pic of a very good haul of JDs .
Well done Muppet Clap Clap
COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 11:56am
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Today's number .

COVID is no joke !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 12:21pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I happen to have a #17 - I didn't number mine starting at 1. Only got 5 or 6.
So this pic  is here because of the story. Fish took a skirt, and 30 mins or so later I am about to trace it - no trace. Just a tail to grab. Trying to figure WTF is going on - I see the swivel clip jammed in its tail - the clasp bit. Total freak. I think it was bill wrapped, then with the line tension the swivel clip must have pinged open with the tail/body thrashing, straightened, slipped the trace then on the way out the clasp bit jammed in the front edge of the tail. DoA.
Only one we have brought back.
Remind me how we vote.
Thx
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 12:26pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Ripper JD catch muppet
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 12:27pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

#17 Took my then 4 year old boy trout fishing. I wasn't overly optimistic, but he caught a trout within 5 minutes of casting a line out! Played it in himself. He was stoked. An unforgettable moment. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 12:30pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

So it wasn't until I started targetting carrots ,thanks to smudges crew and the grunter hunter that I started to see beauty in our little orange critter🥰
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 12:41pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Good rules Skoti, well done Muppet you deserved that win

Here's a jig caught snapper from 2016 aboard Diversity from memory. Not 100% sure on the boat, but just another typical pannie
Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 12:44pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

That's a very cool story Alan. you vote by clicking the LIKE tab at the top of each post. Most likes wins the day.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 12:46pm
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Alan L Alan L wrote:

Remind me how we vote.
Thx
Alan
Just click on the like to vote for a pic .

COVID is no joke !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 12:49pm
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Number 17 is just a little Manukau trev from me .
Probably about 10 years ago when I had hair Embarrassed
COVID is no joke !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (4) Likes(4)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 1:40pm
JustAnotherSpearo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I dont have a #17 so here goes something that I will always cherish.

Basically this is more than likely the last 20lb snapper my father is likely to spear, as he no longer jumps in just stays on the boat. (it went 23lb but we will get to this later on)

The morning cracked off like so, packed the boat up the night before, did the pre-dawn drive from Whangarei to the bay of islands and was on the water at 6am.

Now generally fish frames / left over scallop shells / cray bodies get used as berley.. Me being me accidentally grabbed the wrong container of stuff for a berley.. so with it defrosting over night.. there was 2 packets of squid, a few pillies and then atleast half a doz KY fillets.. in the bin, to my surprise when opening the lid on the water getting ready to chuck it overboard in a gut that tends to produce well for big snapper here and there.. thought oh well, its going over now.

Yep I grabbed mums bait bin LOLLOL

The gut is about 20m long and has a width of around 1.5-2m depending on where you are. goes from 8m at the bottom to 15m (an idea of the angle it runs) and you can sit and peer over it in 4m of water.

I took the deeper end and Dad took the shallower end, as he was approaching the gut to peer over all he saw was the face of this fella. Boomfa, Dads shaft didnt even manage to leave the barrel of the gun and he essentially kebabed it.

When the fish got mounted the guy who does the mounts up here was fascinated that this greedy little 68cm snapper had 2 whole KY fillets in its guts and a few squid! Fancy that guys!WinkWink

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FlawOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 7:56pm
FlawOne View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That is one fat snapper!

Heres one I caught quite a few moons ago while fishing out behind kawau at flat rock in my mates irb. Remember the day well as it was one of my first big snapper caught on an orange inuchku jig and a curado 200g7.

Inner City Slayers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 8:18pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi All, just been reading thread, I'll have a crack. Firstly being stuck at  home during lock down with super flat seas is excruciatingLOL. When I first took up boat fishing in 2008 it took me two years to finally catch a 30 lb plus Snap. Caught a few more since but always remember this one more so. Caught well before i joined the Forum and before the introduction of measure mats. It was an ugly old fish, decided on not mounting, but remember it as a long bugger! Would of been good to known its length but wasn't important back then.  
Page  <1234 32>