Lock down fish of the day challenge .

Page  123 32>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lock down fish of the day challenge .
    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 5:57pm
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Seeing as we can't get out for a fish I thought I'd start a game we can all play .
A fishing comp of sorts .
Seeing as we have about 24 more days of lockdown , that is going to be the number we work with .

What you need to do :
1. Gather 24 pictures of you with a fish you have caught and copy them into a new folder . In no paticular order , rename them from 1-24
2. At midday each day I will call a random number and everyone is to post their corresponding fish photo .
3. Competitors can then vote for fish of the day by thanking the post/one vote per day only .
4.All pics must be up before midnight on the day .

For those who may not have 24 pics of themselves, a pic you have taken of someone else is fine and also you don't have to enter everyday .
Winner gets bragging rights for the day Big smile
COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Buggar-me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 7:16pm
Buggar-me View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Haha i don't have 24 pictures!
 Too busy catching to take a photo. Just ask the wife, everytime she catches one bigger than me it goes back really fast so she can't get bragging rights.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 8:28pm
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Buggar-me Buggar-me wrote:

Haha i don't have 24 pictures!
 Too busy catching to take a photo. Just ask the wife, everytime she catches one bigger than me it goes back really fast so she can't get bragging rights.
Fair call , will open it up to catches on your boat/yak/shore/ski/people you fish with .
COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 7:44am
JustAnotherSpearo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Can a spearo join in too!?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 8:52am
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by JustAnotherSpearo JustAnotherSpearo wrote:

Can a spearo join in too!?
Open to all F-netters Big smile
COVID is no joke !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 9:21am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Ready to go Skoti
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 10:07am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Many of us will already have some pics uploaded.. or have heap of other subject pics uploaded
 The list to go thru can get rather tedious IF we can not sort / delete obsolete pics later..

Putting aside that..Lamp
 If dont have 24 pics, have say 6 number anyway , a random number between 1 and 24. When that number is drawn, enter it..

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 10:13am
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice one skoti..Thumbs Up

Bring it on
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 11:34am
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ok just going to add a few more rules .
All pics must be up before midnight on the day .
For those who may not have 24 pics of themselves, a pic you have taken of someone else is fine and also you don't have to enter everyday .
If you already have the pic uploaded to the site that you wish to enter , simply give it a number from 1-24 and reuse the original file you uploaded .
Remember , this is for fun so you don't need to bribe the weighmaster with rum ( but I will still accept bribes Wink LOL )
COVID is no joke !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 11:48am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm in, got f*** all else to do when I'm not working. I would suggest adding a short sentence about the photo.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 11:49am
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes description and story about the catch may well help to get votes
COVID is no joke !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 11:53am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Deleted heaps the other day.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 12:02pm
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ok today's number is #7

COVID is no joke !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 12:17pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 12:19pm
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

PB kingi for me caught on a livie .
COVID is no joke !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spin king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 12:26pm
spin king View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

mid winter fish on the firth. favorite kaveman 30gm microjig over 100 fish caught and still going strong.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 12:36pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

11+ kg.
Back when hands in gills was all good😏
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 1:35pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I tried to choose pictures that were interesting, different or had a bit of story. Who just wants to see pictures of all the monsters I've caught LOL 

It so happens that #7 is the smallest fish in my collection! A pacific/blue/slimy mackerel. I know most of you would consider this bait, but we really like eating them. This one was caught on a microjig in early summer. The shoals move fast, so it's often hard to catch up with them. They are not hard to hook if you find them, but they are hard to keep on the hook. It's a shame that the purse seiners devastate the shoals in Bream Bay.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 2:21pm
Platinum
Platinum

#7... background story behind it.
Whipped up to Tuts after a god awful week at university (so normal week at uni in 2015, April was the month)

I remember this one specifically because the fish tried to drown me because I shot it in a cave. (always have a float so you can let go of the speargun was the lesson learnt from this fish)

Not a huge fish but for mid April out of Tuts in the shallows was in great condition for length and had awesome colours.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 5:51pm
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Skoti Skoti wrote:

PB kingi for me caught on a livie .

Boy bet that tugged on your rod real good Skoti.
Page  123 32>