Fish dinners

Page  <1 1213141516 22>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 5:55pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 5:56pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Four nights in a row finally fished out!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 6:22pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Living the dream, almost, too much of one is not good, variety is the spice of life.
Looks really yummy though could and do fall into the same trap.
Really looking good food though.
I'm. Lack lustre tonight, mussels, and sahimi Trev and yft.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 6:35pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Different species certainly help.

In need of a steak or pork chop now!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 3:52pm
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Four nights in a row finally fished out!

Good looking meal. In your past life u must’ve been a chef. 🍺

Can u share your receipe for the batter, and type of oil?
My last fish beer batter fish wasn’t as nice as that.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 3:53pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ha will ask the wife mate
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 10:00pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Dan, that last one is my kind of meal...beautifully presented. Batter looks exquisite.. you guys (you and wife I suspect) smashing it. To point ... that’s a goal.. free kick outside box going in top corner for Aston Villa vs Liverpool.. low carb without carb potatoes, usually would like em, but in this case you have made fish hero of dish. With a cool salad. Magic!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 8:48pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

If you have gas burners and don’t like soggy veggies and cook a bit of fish... I recommend getting a grill plate.  Grill fish but also broccoli (as good as chips done right) onion, asparagus, courgette, anything else you want to add. Tastes different, as in better, charred and crunchy veges are delicous, and does fish great. Just added a bit of eta tartare sauce, cause it should never be too good for you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 9:13pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Very nice Shane.

That was yesterdays effort
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 9:32pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Looks yummy Dan and healthy. 
Reluctantly thinking food should also be heathy... wife’s been on my back telling me that for years. Now realising good food (as in good for you) actually tastes good.
Big admission, given how much I love my fish n chips, fish burgers, and sweet sour fish pieces on rice. But I need to still fit in a kayak and be able to bend down and wash under truck and boat... especially now crawling under there with dish rags to wipe down everything  using used sink and bath water. Sleepy  I barely fit under there! Embarrassed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 11:58pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Ha will ask the wife mate
How is that batter recipe coming along Daniel?  Looks yummo.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 3:19pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Changing it up, here's some beautiful Tongariro River rainbow trout I caught last week, fresh out of the hot smoker. Delicious simply with fresh crusty bread.

Pretty simple mix of brown sugar and salt (2-1) prior to smoking with manuka sawdust in an old-school portable smoker. Creates a nice caramelised surface and moist flaking flesh.

Trout has plenty of detractors as an eating fish, and I agree if you try to cook it like most salt water species - can be pretty bland. And there's definitely a difference in flesh colour and taste from different locations and food environments. A big Okataina koura cruncher is hard to beat. 

But smoked like that, and eaten straight away - or taken out of the fridge later to get up to room temp (that's crucial) - I think it's very tasty indeed.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 4:21pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You guys are doing some great food there.
Love the trout, and smoked great though I'd use a lighter wood than Manuka myself.

Shane, you have natural buoyancy now, could be a life saver, unless your arms can't touch the water to tread...
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 5:04pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

1 cup S/R flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup of ice cold water

makes quite a thick batter mix gonna try it again soon...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 5:05pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Looks great TK.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 5:32pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Perfection
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 7:47pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

[QUOTE=Muppet]1 cup S/R flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup of ice cold water

makes quite a thick batter mix gonna try it again soon...[/QUOTE ]

Thanks Daniel, I'll give that a try next time. Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 8:57pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Beautiful, Dan. Who's in charge of making the mushy peas, you or Mrs Muppet?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 9:05pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The tin and the microwave lmao

The chips and fish get undivided attention
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 9:11pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Snapper, Gurnard, chips and salad

Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Page  <1 1213141516 22>