Covid 19

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Matts tackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Covid 19
    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:10pm
Matts tackle View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I wonder how folks are handling this lock down
Apparently we can't even go fishing from the beach.

Although if I went solo, would this really cause problems.
I went in the supermarket yesterday. So many other Tom Dicks and Harry's will have been in there. A bigger chance picking Covid 19 up there, than at the beach.

However they're saying it's a no go.

Thoughts?
I guess Upper Hutt to Lake Ferry is a fair trek.

I guess I'd put people at risk if I broke down on the way.

Still I guess the powers that be will be most displeased if they found several people on a beach. I guess people can be like sheep too.

Please share your thoughts
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 9:37am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Stay where you are..
 Period.
If out driving, get checked , and they are checking, 1 warning, 2nd time be prepared to go into real isolation.. and keep in mind the courts are more or less closed. And when do get back into the swing, there will be a big back log and grumpy judges.

Im gutted, tues looks to be a good weather /tide/ wind wind for the bar to be flat as.
Have to get past the wife..
 Then the few minutes to the ramp without being potted with the boat on the back.
Able to park up for 5 or 6 hrs at the ramp, unseen
 Get thru the bar without being seen by the Waikato harbormaster and/ or Coast gaurd (after putting a radio call in)..which means to do so most likely grounded on the bar
 Then get back in unseen ( after another couple VHF calls)
Load up at the ramp, and get home, which means going up the main street of town...

I think it is worth it.. the consequences worth it, except those from the wife

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Daniel K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 3:56pm
Daniel K View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well if you're going fishing, then I guess I'll go too, and if I'm going, then I my mate can come along, and if my mate comes, then his mate can come too, and if his mate can come......

Sure, your chances of catching the virus are higher at the supermarket, but ask yourself, why is it that supermarkets are open. As much as I love fishing, my literal survival is not dependent on it. Do I feel like I'm going insane, sure, but I don't need to fish to survive. I do need food to survive. 

To be honest, I don't know understand why so many are having difficulty with a simple statement like "Stay home, only leave for essentials or emergencies". 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 4:11pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I agree, but to be fair there have been mixed messages from those at the top. The first lady was even telling us to go fishing a few days ago. It's clear now, STAY HOME!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 4:40pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Not so clear on surfcasting bit if beach is very calm and a 70 meter walk...  also wondering about my piper net as spied a few on my walk this morning. Just need to persuade wife to hold one end. She’s in my bubble but quite busy planting Vegetables at moment.
Is quite busy making me nice dinners as well.. so far had pacakes for breakfast and stew and mashed potatoes with toast for lunch. Have requested Mexican nachos for tea in front of Christian Ronaldo doco tonight.

I am still working during week so bear with me if behind a few in adjusting to lock down. Think signs on seats and playgrounds not to use are really good but did see someone sitting on bench seat at campbells bay round lunchtime while doing my exercise.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 5:04pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Geeze guys my post was bit tongue in cheek

I think it is worth it.. the consequences worth it, except those from the wife

And the gifs?
 We maybe in lock down but no need to be down.
 In fact , considering we went into lock down here a week ago, we are doing realy damn well.. no TV binging, fine outside, things getting don , got in supplies.. nope no supermarket hording .. timber nails screws.. thu just found should have also got 1 more 3x2" x 2.4 length ... thinking screw / glue 2 45x 45 together Lamp

lighten up ..it is was it is.. if start worrying about the serious stuff now it going to be a long miserable hull so some..
 Its a great opportunity to experience something completely different...enjoy.
Its these things that happen that if didnt we would be boring old granddads to out grand and great grandchildren..

Hell I have seen far worse, harder experiences and long than this
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Daniel K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 5:16pm
Daniel K View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Oh I should have clarified that my post was directed at the original poster not you Steps. I know your post was tongue in cheek. Sorry for the confusion. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 5:17pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

How does driving to a chosen place of recreation ,isolated in your private car,and remaining isolated from others in all ways, break the law. Isolation and keeping unstressed & healthy should be the key intent
Recreation is essential for mental health,and a strong immune system.

Many live in city apartments , and have no other way to get to a pleasant place except drive.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 5:21pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Daniel K Daniel K wrote:

Well if you're going fishing, then I guess I'll go too, and if I'm going, then I my mate can come along, and if my mate comes, then his mate can come too, and if his mate can come......

Sure, your chances of catching the virus are higher at the supermarket, but ask yourself, why is it that supermarkets are open. As much as I love fishing, my literal survival is not dependent on it. Do I feel like I'm going insane, sure, but I don't need to fish to survive. I do need food to survive. 

To be honest, I don't know understand why so many are having difficulty with a simple statement like "Stay home, only leave for essentials or emergencies". 

That's what it's all about Daniel. But there are always those who are special cases.

Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Daniel K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 6:03pm
Daniel K View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 6:21pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by cirrus cirrus wrote:

How does driving to a chosen place of recreation ,isolated in your private car,and remaining isolated from others in all ways, break the law. Isolation and keeping unstressed & healthy should be the key intent

Many live in city apartments , and have no other way to get to a pleasant place except drive.

The whole idea to stay off the roads is if you have an accident you have tied up unnecessarily emergency services.Hence why they want you to stay home,go to shop and home again.
Over 70s to stay home as they are in the risk group.!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phoenix_Protocol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 6:29pm
Phoenix_Protocol View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 8:52am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

All due respect Cirrus..
Here we are the most priverledge generation in history.. it was only a generation ago our solderers , ppl just like us.. got locked up for yrs on end on POW camps... citizens of certain desient locked up for yrs during the war...
Jammed down into dirty , muddy rat infested trenches , with rotting horses and bodys  around them, with disintary thrown in..for months on end
And we complain that we are in lockdown for a more or less known period of time with books , internet, movies, our family, medical and pharmaceutical supplies, food, energy supplies, running water, hot showers...and can still head out for a few kms walk any time we like.

Ordinary ppl backgrounds , lives families just like us
 If things get one down , just pick up a book on generations, that have experianced far greater, hardship and then count our own blessings.
Im getting sick of this Metal health PC BS.
ppl need to stop being entitled , grow up and take on FULL responsibility...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 9:03am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

We had a family rent the house in front of us a few yrs back.. loverly ppl. Refugess from pol pot
 The children had their arcilles tendeon cut in the camps.. 2 of them have huge scares on their necks where gaurds had been playing with their parents slowly cutting their necks.
We used to sit down just listen to there yrs of internement.. they played football.. the ball was a human stomach...
.. I can go on with more..
 Then there where the yrs spent in the refugee camps, again not much better...
 We had a lady over the back.. survived the nazi death camps.. she told stories , not real graphic, but as we got older we put 2 and 2 together..
 A  2nd cousin who was taken in Greece spent the war in several stalag camps.. went on to become a leading Auckland Councillor.

We critise the younger generation as having an entitled attitude...I can certainly see where it grew from. our baby boomer generation.