Time on the hands

Page  <1234 5>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote baitcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 9:50am
baitcatcher View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by cirrus cirrus wrote:

From now on ,no seedlings. Garden centres closed. 
So down the track more people crowding into covid19 infected supermarkets to buy vegetables they could have otherwise grown themselves. That is if you can still buy vegetables given extra pressure on commercial growers stocks.

Hi John
Finnish my raised garden bed last night,ready for plantings
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 10:13am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

What do you intend to plant..?
 My winter garden was
Cabbage , broccoli cali, radish in between, try get away with a  dwarf butter bean or topcrop.
 Spinch silver beet, beetroot, lettuce
 Carrots take a lot of space very slow to mature and very cheap in the shop.
The brassicas have a good 3 month to mature..winter no caterpillars/ white butterfly. Chop and freeze for summer.
 A few of the stapler herbs  ?

Im still taking the bulbous oxcellus out of our patch.. few more popped up after that should be clean. soil clean of all the other weeds now.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote letsgetem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 10:24am
letsgetem View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just before the lockdown, tried to buy Brocolli seedlings from Bunnings. Now way, every vegetable seedling had gone; whereas looked like every flower seedling was still there.

Managed to plant one row of potatoes, but only 4 seed potatoes, because we ate the rest by mistake.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote baitcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 10:51am
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

What do you intend to plant..?
 My winter garden was
Cabbage , broccoli cali, radish in between, try get away with a  dwarf butter bean or topcrop.
 Spinch silver beet, beetroot, lettuce
 Carrots take a lot of space very slow to mature and very cheap in the shop.
The brassicas have a good 3 month to mature..winter no caterpillars/ white butterfly. Chop and freeze for summer.
 A few of the stapler herbs  ?

Im still taking the bulbous oxcellus out of our patch.. few more popped up after that should be clean. soil clean of all the other weeds now.

Hi Steps
Check out my post up the page,I was shopping for vegetable plants at Mitre 10 at the right time and have the same vegetable plants as you have but no beetroot.I brought a bag of Rootblast should help my veges along.

I suppose NO chance of a invite for my wife and I to your delishes Roast Lamb family BBQs you regularly
have........???mmmbbqroastlamb,yumyum lol
Vinnie
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 4:49pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah m8 we have been thinking about another gathering.
 Put one on after new yr for the neighbours.. well most of the street. 1st one in new home.
 Big worry is new town new butcher, the beast has to be a certain size, weight, fat content, hung well....I think one of  Smudges sons sorta looked after us very wellThumbs Up
 Old butcher had used for over 25 yrs, he nailed it every time.
 And yep it was all good with full fire restrictions on..
 And NOT a BBQ , its an old fashioned robin hood style cadaver over  an open fire.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RogueOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 5:11pm
RogueOne View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Just completed a check and repack of the trailer bearings.
Jockey wheel next since I've got some spare time.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote baitcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 7:52pm
Silver
Silver

Hi Steps
Cave-man buffet,BBQ call it what you like, I'm still waiting at MY letterbox for for the my invite.......
yum,yum can't wait.
I planted my raised garden with winter vegetables today    Made use of my softbait rod(now a bean pole)and Whitebait screen(now a wind break/neighbours cat proofer) check out my raised garden bed pics ......

I wonder how I can make use of my Whitebait net's?
anybody with idea's feel free to pm / post me.
Vinnie
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 8:33am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

now a wind break/neighbours cat proofer
 Never mind the wind break.... cat proofer .. F ing bloody cats
 Can sort stink bugs, snails , white butterfly, weeds and birds etc.. but bloody cats.....
 The birds a blackbirds and thrush can get very friendly after a while  and take out most of the bugs. But the cats scare them off..
 Nothing worse than going to pick a few veggies and the whole satisfying experience/ achievement is totally soiled by F ing cat 5h1t and the smell , espec after a light shower/ rain.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 9:01am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Edit : post wrong thread..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote baitcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 10:37am
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

now a wind break/neighbours cat proofer
 Never mind the wind break.... cat proofer .. F ing bloody cats
 Can sort stink bugs, snails , white butterfly, weeds and birds etc.. but bloody cats.....
 The birds a blackbirds and thrush can get very friendly after a while  and take out most of the bugs. But the cats scare them off..
 Nothing worse than going to pick a few veggies and the whole satisfying experience/ achievement is totally soiled by F ing cat 5h1t and the smell , espec after a light shower/ rain.

Hi Steps
Give me a few minutes and i will post in "the kitchen" a nice recipe for your garden problem.....,
was thinking a light garlic/thyme/soya marinade stuff with some of your garden fresh rosemary,lemon panko crust (remove fluff first of course)and a nice brandy/mustard cream sauce....?
thoughts so far? (I've heard it taste like chicken!!!)
I know Bazza (OBE) has plenty of baby potatos & fresh mint and bok choy in his garden!
Vinnie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 10:46am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Slug gun for cats

A representative of the RSPCA says that a Pirongia woman whose cat was killed after repeatedly going onto a neighbour's property does not have a legal case for cruelty.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 11:17am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I've just tied 10 inchiku assist hooks. Pretty boring, but it needed to be done.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 1:39pm
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Took the ute to the car wash..

Counted my collection of prop bags, your loss my gain

you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote baitcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 2:24pm
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by pjc pjc wrote:

Slug gun for cats

<span style="color: rgb77, 77, 77; font-family: black_sans; font-size: 18px; letter-spacing: 0.5px;">A representative of the RSPCA says that a Pirongia woman whose cat was killed after repeatedly going onto a neighbour's property does not have a legal case for cruelty.</span>

Thanks Paul,
I'll past your post onto Steps,he likes Chicken!!!. lol
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote foulplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 2:30pm
foulplay View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Scrub cut neighbours drive. Cleaned weber. Weedsprayed block. Grubbed thistles until handle snapped. Washed house. Looked at my rods to see if they needed another grease. ...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 4:10pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

waterblast drive way,wash wifes car,and a 3hr walk to super market and back via local bush walk,dinner on,now beer time.Only wife and I out walking but plenty of cyclist.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:12pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cats.. shoot  well done have the heart to do that.. a pet anyway...
What does work thu is a possum trap.. the wire ones with the spring door at the end.
Dont set it the 1st few times , just bait it so they get to know the way in.
Then set  trap. Roll over a couple times, a a good wetting with the hose .. then repaet 10 mins latter 2 times.
 No more garden dug up No more garden smell pooed up
No more deck/ back door sprayed/ p155ed on.

Its surprising thu , one move on the next moves in on the territory..
 Having CCTV can show some quite surprising things.

Here is a guy , a while back stole the reversing camera screen out of the big horn..no he didnt break in.. it was left unlocked.. saves hastle, insurance penalties, long term if make a claim etc
 His intelligence really has to be questioned thu..
3 big signs of which 2 are reflective...one of which is ri8ght over his head.. the other over the bighorn..
 The cameras stand out as they have a red glow at night..
 He is holding his break in tools under his arm (still rolled up) and the reversing screen in in his hand
 This camera is under the eves almost directly above him..

Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Coochdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 7:53pm
Coochdog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Cats.. Scaring the crap out of them doesnt always work,although thats what our vet friend said to do..

A few years back we had the neighbours fluffy uncatlike cat (probably a pedigree) harrass us every night.

The stupid creation would come into the laundry via the cat door every morning usualy around 4 am,Help itself to our real (mongrel)cats tucker,Then the stupid bastard would make the great escape by constantly hitting the catdoor,eventually hooking the door in towards itself,getting part way through before getting pinned by the door.

You could image the racuss it caused trying to free itself..

After being woken a few nights in a row by the prick of a thing,I took my vets advice to give it a good scaring..

Next morning sleeping with one eye open sure enough around 4am the commotion began.
Only this time me being the stupid one ran out in a sleepy daze grabbing it with bare flesh exposed(whos the stupid one?)proceeded to be scratched like a scratching pole,blood drawn (which actually hurt a bit tbh)He was out-gone!

Next night,this time with two eyes open same thing.Smashing ,banging ,crashing in i go ,Duvet in hand,leaving the misses in the cold(wasnt too pleased)Caught the thing in duvet,swung him round a bit,littrealy scared the piss out of it-pissed stained duvet..released it.

Back he or she came the next night,smash,bang
,crash really!?ffs

Same duvet same swinging this time adding a rubbish bin with water and alot of shaking,dog barking etc surely that would do it?

Nope the nxt night and the one after that the same,this thing was friggen stupid!

I left it the following night as really needed the sleep..

Long story short one day while walking the dog we found the cat
dead after being hit by a car.

Sorry for the owner but good riddance ya p**** of a thing!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 8:21pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Funny funny story but sad ending, yes cats are great and stupid, so are people.

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 9:13pm
JustAnotherSpearo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Neighbours cat stopped adventuring into my back yard after bex my pooch finally had enough of it teasing her and she jumped up the 1.8m fence and pulled it off the fence and scared the living daylights out of the cat.
(32kg sheepdog mongrel vs a cat is not much of a match)

now it just sits and hisses at her from the otherside of the fence at a distance.

More than welcome to borrow bex for a weekend LOL
Page  <1234 5>